It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel dismisses nuke-free Mideast summit; U.S. warns against Iran strike

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don' understand, first U.S. is itching and dying to smoke-up Iran and now somebody's chihuahua has spoken and all of sudden they're against the idea of a strike.

Do the U.S. knows something we don't?? well yes of course..Russian and China will be knocking at our doors.

Israel really wants a war and when they start one, we are left to defend for ourselves.."NO IT WASN'T OUR FAULT!"

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

hahaha, the overall history of that region around Jerusalem is riddled with war. Whether its the Muslims wanting that city, or the Christians wanting that city, or the Jews wanting that city. That area has been contested for ever since the dawn of biblical history.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenx06
reply to post by buster2010

hahaha, the overall history of that region around Jerusalem is riddled with war. Whether its the Muslims wanting that city, or the Christians wanting that city, or the Jews wanting that city. That area has been contested for ever since the dawn of biblical history.

I'm not speaking about Jerusalem. You know there is far more land in that area than just around Jerusalem. Personally there would be more peace in that area if someone turned that dump into a parking lot. It has caused more deaths than any other city in history.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

If 90% of the middle east wanted to annihilate me and my country over the temple mount, I'd have nukes too ... Wait ... We do.

If you think this is all over just the temple mount you are crazy. This is about the Zionist butchers that started murdering innocent people after forming their terrorist nation. And if your country has nukes when will they grow the balls to admit it? Until quit crying like a baby about other countries that don't have them.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
I don' understand, first U.S. is itching and dying to smoke-up Iran and now somebody's chihuahua has spoken and all of sudden they're against the idea of a strike.

Do the U.S. knows something we don't?? well yes of course..Russian and China will be knocking at our doors.

Israel really wants a war and when they start one, we are left to defend for ourselves.."NO IT WASN'T OUR FAULT!"

Don't worry about Russia or China...they have already cut a deal with us. Israel is just BITCHING as the U.S. has FORBIDDEN a Bombing Strike of Iranian Nuclear Sites. These sites must be SEIZED and dismantled. Bombing them would just poison the WHOLE MIDDLE EAST and that includes Israel. The Bitching is mostly for Congressmen with Large Jewish Communities.

Russia could give a RAT'S ASS about Iran...it just wants to keep making money on the use of it's large Natural Gas Pipeline. China wants to make sure the OIL FLOWS. They have been given promises that their interests will be protected. Besides...neither Russia nor China wants any part in a WAR with the U.S. Military. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

These communists In Washington won't stop Israel If they feel threatened by Iran..

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by sylent6

Don't worry about Russia or China...they have already cut a deal with us. Israel is just BITCHING as the U.S. has FORBIDDEN a Bombing Strike of Iranian Nuclear Sites. These sites must be SEIZED and dismantled. Bombing them would just poison the WHOLE MIDDLE EAST and that includes Israel. The Bitching is mostly for Congressmen with Large Jewish Communities.

Russia could give a RAT'S ASS about Iran...it just wants to keep making money on the use of it's large Natural Gas Pipeline. China wants to make sure the OIL FLOWS. They have been given promises that their interests will be protected. Besides...neither Russia nor China wants any part in a WAR with the U.S. Military. Split Infinity

You darn right about that and if Iran gets nuked, poor u.s. just may run out of oil. (not really, just saying). Seriously though, it all comes down to money doesn't it..always money and power.

a star for you.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Iran will not be Nuked. 70% of Iranians are under the age of 30 years old.
94% of Iranians want good relations with the U.S.
96% of Iranians want a FREE DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT.
The Old Iranian Religious Guard will Implode. Iran's REAL MILITARY LEADERS are currently holding Secret Talks with the U.S. Military and in the event a SUICIDAL ORDER such as Closing the Strait of Hormuz occurs...the Iranian Navy will stand down. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Don't you guys get it?
If I$rael or anybody else in the region didn't have nuclear weapons/programs, there wouldn't be anything to whine or complain about.
When there's nothing to whine or complain about, I$rael is no longer a victim.
When I$rael is no longer the victim, they don't get paid.
When I$rael doesn't get paid, neither do the US politicians who support them (campaign contributions, outsourcing/contractual agreements etc)

The ME has been at war with each other for thousands of years. The only thing they unite on is their common hatred of Israel. Israel didn't become a nation again until 1948, so to blame them for the violence and instability in the region shows your bias.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRIGHT STAR

These communists In Washington won't stop Israel If they feel threatened by Iran..

Communists? Get a grip. We shouldn't try to stop them either. It is their right to defend themselves. The same folks who complain that the US are the world police, are the same people who want the US to intervene....hypocritical.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

Don't you guys get it?
If I$rael or anybody else in the region didn't have nuclear weapons/programs, there wouldn't be anything to whine or complain about.
When I$rael doesn't get paid, neither do the US politicians who support them (campaign contributions, outsourcing/contractual agreements etc)

The ME has been at war with each other for thousands of years. The only thing they unite on is their common hatred of Israel. Israel didn't become a nation again until 1948, so to blame them for the violence and instability in the region shows your bias.

So was europe and asia and america, every area had wars and violence

but the only difference between europe and the middle east is that the mongols never made it to europe; they destroyed asia and the middle east sending them 500 years to the past by razing libraries and burning millions of books, destroy the infrastructure and water systems, killing thousands of wise and smart people who they deemed a threat

and after the mongols then came the turks, they industrialised but all the resources where moved to whats known as turkey, leaving the rest of islamic world in the dark for hundreds of years

and after the turks came colonialism and backstabbing of the Arabs, divide and conquer

they never had a chance to recover, to rebuild, to be free;

and after colonialism came what?

israel; created by the colonialists themselves

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by milkyway12

If 90% of the middle east wanted to annihilate me and my country over the temple mount, I'd have nukes too ... Wait ... We do.

If you think this is all over just the temple mount you are crazy. This is about the Zionist butchers that started murdering innocent people after forming their terrorist nation. And if your country has nukes when will they grow the
balls to admit it? Until quit crying like a baby about other countries that don't have them.

Innocent people have been murdered by every government on the face of the earth. Why single out Israel? We do not live in a utopian world, why do you act as if they are the only ones committing crimes. Every country on the globe acts in their own best interest.

You seem to be the one crying like a baby. Israel is a shrewd, hard-nosed country that has the balls to do what is necessary to defend its people and property.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

Don't you guys get it?

So was europe and asia and america, every area had wars and violence

but the only difference between europe and the middle east is that the mongols never made it to europe; they destroyed asia and the middle east sending them 500 years to the past by razing libraries and burning millions of books, destroy the infrastructure and water systems, killing thousands of wise and smart people who they deemed a threat

and after the mongols then came the turks, they industrialised but all the resources where moved to whats known as turkey, leaving the rest of islamic world in the dark for hundreds of years

and after the turks came colonialism and backstabbing of the Arabs, divide and conquer

they never had a chance to recover, to rebuild, to be free;

and after colonialism came what?

israel; created by the colonialists themselves

Oh please, the Arab nations have had every opportunity to get right. They have had both time and money. They choose to live in violence, and have chosen not to evolve with the rest of the world. What is worse is the majority of the common people in the ME are decent. But, they have let their leaders abuse and oppress them because they can't think for themselves. They are crushed under the weight of their religion that is used as a tool to keep them subservant to their religious leaders.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I hope people realize that by Israel attending this nuke-free summit? They would be indirectly admitting that they possess nuclear weapons. At present, I think the official stance by the Israeli government is "nuclear ambiguity."

policy of deliberate ambiguity

. . . is the practice by a country of being intentionally ambiguous on certain aspects of its foreign policy or whether it possesses certain weapons of mass destruction. It may be useful if the country has contrary foreign and domestic policy goals or if it wants to take advantage of risk aversion to abet a deterrence strategy. Such a policy can be very risky as it may cause misinterpretation of a nation's intentions, leading to actions that contradict that nation's wishes.

They could have nuclear weapons, or they could not? I know conventional wisdom would espouse that they are in possession of nuclear weapons, and the Vanunnu revelations cracked open that can of worms. However, the government has made every effort to maintain ambiguity on the subject. If any Israeli government official attends this event, it would throw off their policy of ambiguity. It could be interpreted as an indirect admission to possession of such weapons. Like why attend an invent about a nuke-free Mideast when the Mideast is nuke-free to begin with; at least publicly in respect to Israel. This summit is a diplomatic trap?

Not only for Israel, but for Iran as well. If Iran is not making nuclear weapons, and being signatories of the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty? Why would they attend this event as well? It should be a given that their official policy is too remain nuke-free. Officially speaking, Iran is nuke-free as result of their participation in the NPT. As I see it, their participation in such an event would call into question their candor on the subject. Israel could use it against Iran politically. As I see it, not so cut and dry. The safe bet would be for both Israel and Iran to stay away from this one. Just my observation.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

Israel has a clear desire to stop and halt any threat coming from the outside, and debates aside, people might not like that attitude, but at least they are consistent about it.

that is a lie.

they have been stealing Palestinian land from DAY ONE.. crossing all the boarders agreed upon for is ra el.

oh poor is ra el didnt get to keep all the and the tried to seize..

now they kill & treat Palestinian people just as badly, if not worse than anything the Nazi WORK camps did to cause the creation of is ra el in the first place?

and you think they are defending themselves?

you are delusional...

edit on 21-9-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

So now the Sinai desert was also a “Palestinian” land ?

I wish people would know what the hell they are talking about before putting in here.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Iran wants a nuke because we don't screw with countries that have nukes.
Iran hasn't attacked another country in 215 years.
Countries are starting to trade gold for Iranian oil so Iran can survive our sanctions against them.
If we pulled out of the mid-east, every country would attack Israel the next day...
Wonder why?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
'The only difference between a Hasidic Jew's phylactery and an Islamist's suicide vest is the respective desert wastelands they occupy' -Anon
edit on 22-9-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Comparing Israel to the Nazi's is vile and particularly obscene, given the people involved in the comparison. I'm not sure it CAN get any worse for offense intended.

Now Israel is nothing like the major aggressor nations of the past. Why? How can I say that among so many who would hate Israel for any reason? Well.. Let's look at some facts here.

Israel is attacked on a regular basis and has been for a few decades now, by people with sticks, stones and occasional guns. The suicide vest is a neighborhood favorite and rockets have come to be the thing to buy in the last 10 years or so. All in all, the best the Palestinians can muster really keeps Israel pissed off. Thats about *ALL* it does or can ever realistically do, without massive outside help.

On the other hand, Israel has no such limitations of resources and as everyone points out, they have the bomb. 80-90 of them with a range of between 2,500 and 11,500 Kilometers depending on which source one takes for the Jericho III vs. their Space Launch vehicle and how well these can or have been adapted as ICBM's. By the way...that would put it about Houston, Texas for on outside range.

The point is....IF Israel so desired, the could all but 'erase' Gaza, being about the size of Bakersfield.....and given a week, pretty much wipe out the West Bank with a 100% all out war approach.

The fact they don't.......Never HAVE.....and have never even considered such radical actions is how they have NOTHING in common with a monster like Hitler or Stalin or Mao. Those men would never have tolerated so much as jokes about their enemies living within miles of them and not being obliterated to the last man standing, IMO. Israel has 100% of what it would require in power. They have the humanity and decency not to use it.

Well said.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Please re-read the last point of my post. That clearly defines who to blame.

I guess you're right though. I am biased towards my country's politicians NOT supporting a country that is the catalyst for modern instability and violence. To say it's a historical issues is simply a straw-man. If we wanted to help this region NOW, we deal with the scenario as it exists NOW
edit on 22-9-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join