It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I defeated the snake with two heads.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is a dream I had about two weeks ago.

I dreamed I was in a huge tree somewhere at very high altitude.

In this huge tree with large branches was the body of a snake.

A very thick snake in my dream I think have at least 20 inches thick.

This snake was dead and had no head and what is more strange is that where supposed to be tail but also had a head that was cut.

A strange two-headed snake. Head where it was normal to be a head where it should be tail.

Somehow I defeated this snake.

I do not know what the significance this dream could have.

Any idea?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It's a dream, therefore not important.
But if it's an interesting/exciting piece of fiction, or felt exciting in some way, then at least it was entertaining.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence
It's a dream, therefore not important.
But if it's an interesting/exciting piece of fiction, or felt exciting in some way, then at least it was entertaining.
I thought a lot about this dream of mine and meaning.

He is probably important in a particular context but trying to figure out who could be that context.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
He is probably important in a particular context but trying to figure out who could be that context.

No, because it's a dream. Therefore fiction.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Dreams are glimpses into the personal unconscious, reflecting your real life experiences and parsing them into symbols which can be interpreted by psychologists. Dreams are never unimportant.

Dreams can also offer insight into the collective unconscious, where the universal symbols we all experience are imagined. The two-headed snake is one of those archetypes.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

No, because it's a dream. Therefore fiction.
Oh I understand that so the dream may have no significance as there is no relation between facts and fiction therefore dreams and their interpretation may not express future facts in our lives.

Thanks for the explanation.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
my ex wife had 2 heads lol
second line....

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

I know this sounds funny but I am not trying to be funny here I swear. I have always heard that dreaming about snakes means you are worried about sexual inadequacy.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

I know this sounds funny but I am not trying to be funny here I swear. I have always heard that dreaming about snakes means you are worried about sexual inadequacy.

Because a snake is probably longer than the person's penis? Is that the connection?
Wouldn't a person be worried about his/her sexual inadequacy if he/she was worried about his/her sexual inadequacy, regardless of the dreams?
edit on 21-9-2012 by Consequence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Dreams are glimpses into the personal unconscious, reflecting your real life experiences and parsing them into symbols..

Could you please point to some scientific facts for this statement of yours?

which can be interpreted by psychologists.

Dreams can be interpreted by anyone. Interpreted.

Dreams are never unimportant.

Yes, they are. They are dreams.

- Did you live that, or did you dream it?
- I dreamt it.
- Oh, nevermind.

Dreams can also offer insight into the collective unconscious,

What is the collective unconscious?

where the universal symbols we all experience are imagined. The two-headed snake is one of those archetypes.

Universal symbols? Who created these?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Dreams can also offer insight into the collective unconscious, where the universal symbols we all experience are imagined. The two-headed snake is one of those archetypes.
That is so true.Is something that unite people and I am sure it is collective consciousness of the collective unconscious.

Therefore likely to work collectively elsewhere and in a different way than we imagine.

For the good.

Thank you masqua for everything.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Because a snake is probably longer than the person's penis? Is that the connection?
Wouldn't a person be worried about his/her sexual inadequacy if he/she was worried about his/her sexual inadequacy, regardless of the dreams?
edit on 21-9-2012 by Consequence because: (no reason given)

I really have NO idea why. It was Freud who said that, not me. Here:

link
For Freud, founder of psychoanalysis, the snake is primarily a phallic symbol representing the penis and sexual drive. A Freudian interpretation of a snake dream emphasizes your relationship to sexuality and male figures in your life.

According to Freud, the snake is symbol for the penis. The meaning of a snake in a dream is associated with sexuality, and as an extension, with male figures in your life, or how you experience your own manhood, relationship with men or your male energy if you are a woman.

If you dream about snakes and would ask Freud or a Freudian analyst for help to interpret your dream, you could be invited to consider the snake as a symbol for repressed sexual desire or inner conflict about how you express or experience your sexuality.
edit on 21-9-2012 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2012 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

my ex wife had 2 heads lol
You mean double personality or a double life.

I don't know how to interpret your words ...sorry!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I am worried about other things than that believe me...things that are of capital importance and maybe there is a chance for the good if that snake was defeated in my dream.

I feel like a child who has reached one year.
edit on 21-9-2012 by piequal3because14 because: grammar

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I am worried about other things than that believe me...things that are of capital importance and maybe there is a chance for the good if that snake was defeated in my dream.

I feel like a child who has reached one year.
edit on 21-9-2012 by piequal3because14 because: grammar

Well, Freud was a freak any way. Everything was about sex with him. That aside, what were you doing when you went to sleep that day? I usually dream about what was going on before I went to sleep or if I fall to sleep with the TV on I have dreams about what is on at the time. Alot of times I go to sleep watching TV and it is on TBS. They have Married With Children episodes on all night and I can't tell you how many dreams I have had where I am in an episode of that. Last night, I played Skyrim before I went to bed and had a dream where I was killing monsters with a sword. It could be anything or nothing at all.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

You do realize that most of what Freud said is no longer regarded as, well, anything? Mainly due to the fact that he just made things up? Science does not backup his claims.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You do realize that most of what Freud said is no longer regarded as, well, anything? Mainly due to the fact that he just made things up? Science does not backup his claims.

Yes I do. The OP was asking about what the meaning of his dream was. There is no science there. Just opinion. Every single person that has ever said they KNOW what a dream means is just making crap up or guessing.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I went to sleep or if I fall to sleep with the TV on I have dreams about what is on at the time. Alot of times I go to sleep watching TV and it is on TB
Sorry I don't have a TV.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

Freud is so 19th century. If you want the real skinny on dream psychology, one only needs to research C G Jung, the true 20th century master of all things mindful. Jung pretty much destroyed Freud's credibility even though he was nice about doing it.

Jung will lead us into the 21st. Go Jung, go.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You don't have a TV but.........you have a computer? I don't get it.
2nd

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join