It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service investigating Texas man -- for lynching his chair!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

In case many of you don't remember, Bush inherited a recession from Clinton. He didn't go around whining about it.

I suppose that's why we actually had a budget surplus on Clinton leaving office, and I suppose that's by W. Bush spent most of the first 8 months of his presidency on vacation?

If words don't do it, then maybe a picture, like the graph below that show private employment under Clinton, and Bush:

Source (a Republican Blogger at that)

How about unemployment rates?

Same source, and same thing again. Clinton annihilates George W.

Notice the higher numbers at the beginning of Clinton's term? Yeah, that Was George W's daddy's fault.

Anyone an everyone is fine to drink what ever revisionist biased history koolaide concoction they want to, but, in the public forum where fact checks happen, George W Bush was a moronic baboon puppet that destroyed this country, leaving the white house, the economy, the government, and this whole country in a state of collapse.

Obama came into office while the train wreck was already well well well underway, beyond stopping it. The only thing the man can do, even if he gets 8 years, is try to mitigate at least some of the smoking crater disaster Bush left this Nation with.
It's like your boss yelling at you, and blaming you for something you're trying to clean up and resolve that was caused by someone else on the previous shift.

Those selectively blind to actual history then like to blame the man because he's any number of things whether it's; black, democrat, liberal, pro-gay, or any number of other things.

Look at history. Review the facts.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Anyone an everyone is fine to drink what ever revisionist biased history koolaide concoction they want to, but, in the public forum where fact checks happen, George W Bush was a moronic baboon puppet that destroyed this country, leaving the white house, the economy, the government, and this whole country in a state of collapse.
reply to post by Druscilla

The entire presidency of George W Bush was a sham. The Federal Reserve and whoever else holds power behind the scenes love it when simple civilians like yourself say things like, "darn that george dubbleya! He went an spent all the money!" " He went and messed it all up!" No honey, that was a farse. He was made to look incompetent while a power behind the scenes spent and spent and spent."

Obama came into office while the train wreck was already well well well underway, beyond stopping it. The only thing the man can do, even if he gets 8 years, is try to mitigate at least some of the smoking crater disaster Bush left this Nation with.
It's like your boss yelling at you, and blaming you for something you're trying to clean up and resolve that was caused by someone else on the previous shift.

Again, Obama and Bush are working toward the same ends. They work for the Federal Reserve and whoever else is in charge, their policies, are not their policies, they are given a script, and like a successful actor, they follow their script well. One plays a dunce, the other plays a thoughtful, tactful individual.

edit on 21-9-2012 by davidsander because: spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I am white and have lived in the south most of my life and IMO this is clearly racist but I cannot say definitively if I would call this a threat to the president. I have heard people talk about assassinating him after several drinks at the bar so I can say in all seriousness there are some people who think that way. To be fair I heard people say that about Bush as well.

Racist I would say absolutely I think it would be hard pressed to think otherwise. As far as this being construed as a threat I think that is why the Secret Service is investigating. As far as this being a violation of his free speech, no way. You can’t scream fire in a movie theater and claim free speech and you can’t incite violence and claim free speech either.

This guy will probably get questioned by the secret service and nothing will come of it unless he is really stupid and says it was a call to arms or something like that. He does seem pretty dumb already though.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

IMO this was all drummed up to take our eyes off the real issues. Some idiot hangs a chair in a tree and everyone pretend to have their feathers ruffled. Where is the outrage for the trillions spent and the economy in ruin. While people talk about this, and what romney said at a well to do dinner party and this and that nonsense story, everyone has forgotten about the bailouts, and the TARP fund and the foreclosure crisis, and the 2 or more wars we are fighting. Sad.

p.s. this was freedom of speech. I think this guy is an idiot, but he should have free speech like everyone else.
edit on 21-9-2012 by davidsander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Well it is understandable why someone would misinterperet it as racist. What with all the lynching that went on in the United States prior to, during and even after the civil rights movement. Even if it was not intended to be a racial slur, it's quite understandable why someone would think it is... Luckily he didn't burn a cross beside it representing modern "Christian values".

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by DarthMuerte

It's not about what the POTUS thinks.

It's the obligation and mandate of the Secret Service to investigate all implied threats to the POTUS regardless of how ridiculous.

This applies to all presidents.
Consider all the people you never heard about getting investigated by the Secret Service during the W. Bush years who was by no means a 'popular' president by even the longest stretch:

Consider all the investigations you never heard about regarding threats against W. Bush, since, said people no longer exist and never existed to exist in the first place.

Everyone crying about Obama should take a good long look back at the Bush years.
Most of what Obama is dealing with is the gigantic Olympus Mons sized steaming dung heap pile of a train wrecked government left behind by Bush.

edit on 21-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)
\

how is that even possible when obama has supported EVERY bush policy? Not what obama says hes going to do but look what he actually did / is doing. Everything a bush 2.0 would do. I cant believe theirs stil people like this on ats that blame all americas problems on a sinlge president. Ill give you a hint, it wasnt just bush that frigged up your country. Its been happening for over 30 years.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blissified
how is that even possible when obama has supported EVERY bush policy? Not what obama says hes going to do but look what he actually did / is doing. Everything a bush 2.0 would do. I cant believe theirs stil people like this on ats that blame all americas problems on a sinlge president. Ill give you a hint, it wasnt just bush that frigged up your country. Its been happening for over 30 years.

I'll also give you a hint: Look at the graphs I posted at the top of the page.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
umm thats clinton and bush... and all i see is basicly a chart showing spending, and bush was on vacation for 8 months. Ok so obama wasn't on vacation for 8 months he still

Has fought the movement to adit the fed (this alone shows hes not in it for the good of your country

also how did this graph disprove anything i said? I dont disagree with what that chart says.. but that doesn't negate anything i have said??? *Confused*

a budget surplus doesnt mean # if your in trillians of dollars worth of debt... are you telling me clinton

1. Elimenated your countries debt

2. Audited the fed and stopped its existence

if he did, then sure clinton wasn't abiding by someone elses agenda.

THINK bro, since clinton was in office to when he left, he left you with a budget surplus, big deal, the country stilll went farther down into debt so their may be a budget surplus but he didnt STOP or even SLOWDOWN your countries massive downward spiral of debt

edit on 22-9-2012 by Blissified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blissified

Originally posted by Blissified
how is that even possible when obama has supported EVERY bush policy?

That's just something people repeat. A talking point. The fact is Obama has extended some Bush policies and he has a lot of his own that go in a different direction than Bush was talking this country. No matter how many times people repeat that Obama is just like Bush, it still isn't true.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Seems to me, there is a kind of reverse hypocrisy going on here with this chair business...given the recent film release about a certain prophet...

Which one is more acceptable? And which reaction is more appropriate?

A99

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No matter how much you hate the man or his views, it is free speech.

You should familiarize yourself with what "Freedom of Speech" means, Legally Speaking as defined by The First Amendment

Benjamin Gitlow was convicted of criminal anarchy after he was found advocating the "necessity and propriety of overthrowing and overturning organized government by force, violence and unlawful means" in the Left Wing Manifesto, as well as publishing and circulating a radical newspaper called The Revolutionary Age advocating similar ideas. In arguing before the Supreme Court, Gitlow contended that "the statute as construed and applied by the trial court penalize[d] the mere utterance, as such, of 'doctrine' having no quality of incitement, without regard to the circumstances of its utterance or to the likelihood of the unlawful sequences."

In 1940, Congress enacted the Smith Act, making it illegal to advocate "the propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force and violence

I was going to add more, but, you have the link. Educate yourself. There's a ton of things exempt from coverage by the First Amendment.
Further, those not covered under the First Amendment can be termed criminal acts with penalties including imprisonment.

Learn about your First Amendment Rights before you start making assumptions about things you think you understand, but don't.

edit on 21-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

ehhhh@@@ wrong.

No mere act can nullify a constitutional right.

That you or anyone think it does is ridiculous. It would take a constitutional amendment to do so. The act itself, if it limits free speech is unconstitutional and should be struck down as such. No law that is unconstitutional is valid. Read any of the documents of our founding fathers, the first amendment was designed to ALLOW people to specifically speak to start government over, by force if necessary (reason for the second amendment) if the government was deemed to be destructive to the ends of liberty, life and the ability to PURSUE happiness.

Jaden
edit on 22-9-2012 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

ehhhh@@@ wrong.

No mere act can nullify a constitutional right.

That you or anyone think it does is ridiculous. It would take a constitutional amendment to do so. The act itself, if it limits free speech is unconstitutional and should be struck down as such. No law that is unconstitutional is valid. Read any of the documents of our founding fathers, the first amendment was designed to ALLOW people to specifically speak to start government over, by force if necessary (reason for the second amendment) if the government was deemed to be destructive to the ends of liberty, life and the ability to PURSUE happiness.

Jaden

Tell that to Benjamin Gitlow cited in that post.

Tell that to all the other people who get persecuted and prosecuted, not necessarily for speech and expression per se, but other fun craftily crafted excuses like public indecency, lewdness, disturbing the peace, criminal mischief, loitering, unlawful assembly, and all the other civic and state laws that can be used to silence people.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by Druscilla

It's a chair. If bammy identifies with the chair that much, does that mean Eastwood was totally right about him?

Well we're in some pretty deep water here.I think the post just before this one of yours (I'm sorry I didn't catch your name but you talked about drawing and quartering, and made a pretty good case for a symbolic good old southern lynching) pretty much explains it. Your reply pretty much confirms it's intended appeal. I think it would be foolish if this behavior were not investigated.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What a stupid, bitter, lying, racist idiot! It's CLEARLY racist. That's always their first statement... "I'm not racist, but..." (Racists don't usually know they're racist.) I'm not saying this old fart is a serious threat to the POTUS. I don't think he is, but in essence, he's saying he thinks the president should be lynched. Is that covered by free speech? I don't think so. If he said it in a speech, I'm not sure it would be covered. At the very least, a visit from the Secret Service is warranted, if for no other reason, to let him know the seriousness of his actions.

Under current law, I believe this would be considered hate speech. But we're allowed to hate. And unfortunately, too many people thrive on it these days. Hatred is seething in this country. It's really sad to see.

You're absolutely right. Too many are thriving off of hate. Just look at the posts by some on ATS.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
EVERYONE FORGETS BEING RACIST IS NOT AGAINST ANY LAWS.

DAMNIT.. this is just oppression nothing to do with racism..

DOING ILLEGAL THINGS IN CONJUNCTION WITH RACISM BECOMES A HATECRIME

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS THE ILLEGAL PART..

Not the fact you dislike a race... infact I dislike a great deal of races and would be considered the most racist person on earth I however have friends that are from a multitude of races they however have just realized flesh does not matter it is their mind that matters these are enlightened people that will not victimize themselves over symbolism and words.

STICKS AND STONES
edit on 23-9-2012 by Gestas because: STICKS AND STONES

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by roblot

I know exactly what you mean. The resurgence of racism on this sight is happening in a big way. Thank god for the few level-headed people on this sight, otherwise I think I would've stopped visiting long ago.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join