It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are soulless flesh machines governed by their internal programming.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
This post says more about you, than anything else.

It doesn't necessarily reflect how this person is, just shows their current stance based on their knowledge base and cultural programming. All this is subject to change.

Do you think the same way today that you thought 5, 10, 15 years ago? Do you think you will think the same 5, 10, 15 years from now?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

You understand there is no end,,,, there will always be a need/desiree/want.... and progression/change/time......

even when we turn to robots,,, there will be kinks to be worked out,,, the robots will still need an energy source,, still need maintenance,,, still need a way to reproduce,,, unless all the living who are there for the switch will be the immortal humans,.,.. and then humanity will be ended in that sense.,,..,

what if after 100,000 years of living as an ultra intelligent robot,, a desiree of theirs would be to experience a malleable and biologic life,,, something more "real",,,, something with feelings,,, wouldn't that be funny,,

what would be the goal of a race of immortal computer/robots? travel around the universe making friends? play games? build things? get a tan?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
Sounds like hell, honestly.

There's your clue as to WHO is actually behind all of this...

Synagogue of Satan AKA Illuminati AKA Father of ALL lies AKA Deceiver

Science, history, education, media, and religion are all nothing but a MASSIVE form of stealth mind control and nothing BUT lies...

Before you can learn to recognize the truth, you first must realize you are being lied to about EVERYTHING.

LEARN TO THINK IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF PROPAGANDA

You need to face reality and realize that everything you believe is actually the “official story.”

"The bizarre thing about the events of 9/11 or the Kennedy assassination or any other number of government false flag operations, is the number of people who still believe the ridiculous “official story.”

"Psychologists use the term Cognitive Dissonance to explain the brain’s inability to consider opposing evidence."
LINK

Without seeing the Illuminati's satanic global agenda, everything appears to make very little sense. I believe this is the main reason WHY so few comprehend what is really going on in the world.

“A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.”——Dresdin James

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This topic has finally proved to me that being shallow is grossly underrated!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I believe in the existence of the soul. Yet none the less I do as much good as I can. Im not associated to any one religion but rather concepts and ideas from many. I've done everything from animal rescue, to habitat for humanity and for the past 3 years fostering 2 children. So I don't think the concept of having a soul is holding anyone back.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thingol to post by Alyssa

You should take a philosophy course....because there are an untold amount of completely rational reasons for being moral...you think you can purchase love through a download to your transhumanist implantable chip?....please give a rational reason as to how this could be accomplished....true love is given from another because they care about one another for his or her sake....not some feeling that can be purchased.

You have no idea if God exists....why make a statement that is impossible to defend?....I find your ideas to be lacking in depth.....anyone can make bull# outlandish statements stylized as fact....but have you truly thought about all the implications? I think not....try again....but actually think this time

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

There is only the now!. Nothing is a given, you cannot make allowances for possibility's of change.

If a man commits murder could a lawyer plead "my client has evil tendencies in accordance with today's accepted ideas of right and wrong, but in ten years the masses may change their minds and accept his way of thinking OR my client might conform to our way of thinking....so don't send him to prison...just in case".

Besides I am not persecuting this person, and do agree with you to a point, as I have myself been through a similar thought process to the OP at a younger age, and grown out of it. But looking back that thought didn't do me any good.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Forfeit my free-will for a spiritual lobotomy so that I can buy mates and play god? You almost even sound like a troll. .

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Derp.

You already are machines all the modifications, insights, spiritualism, mechanisation, it is all within you. That little gem called evolution which is clung to like a security blanket shows you can become anything you want you just ain't holding any of the keys to the locks. When humanity gains these keys and unlocks these abilities who knows, one thing is for sure, we will cheat our arses off with gross mechanical nightmares until we do.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

You speak as if you KNOW this - you don't. You may not see evidence of a "soul" but that doesn't mean that you "KNOW" that it doesn't exist.

So what will robot brains do? Do you actually believe that no one will take advantage of this technology to control mankind? It happen with every other previous technology...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I think you under estimate the power of the universe. Trans-humanism will have its good parts, plenty of bad parts, but it will be something more prevalent here in the future.

I think there are some layers of reality, however, that some people are denying, and trying to fully replace, with ideas that our technological progress, as it is perceived now, along with the track we are taking, is the end all be all of perfection. Simply not the case.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa

Originally posted by nothingwrong

Originally posted by Alyssa
Why does mankind deny this fact about their existence? If mankind accepted this ultimate truth they could then embrace Transhumanism. Fusion between man The Flesh Machine and advance machine is the only logical outcome if we wish to evolve beyond our current limitations. There are no gods, angels or aliens that will guide you in life. Everything from your morals to believing in good or evil are primitive means of keeping a societal structure maintained.

Just imagine a world where nobody is ever alone. If you have no sexual market value you simply can buy a mate who will always love you. Don't understand a language? Just download it into your cybernetic brain. Can't afford a vacation? Log into a simulated reality for low price. This is true bliss of what Transhumanism can bring to all those people suffering. Making the disabled walk again, cures for diseases, complete cybernetic upgrade into a better human being. NO RELIGION can do this, NO GOD will save humanity, only giving ourselves to Transhumanism can push us forward.

Upgrade to the better human.

We deny it because it is not true.
Why would we want to evolve further? We are already amazing!
There are no gods angels or aliens....... In your personal opinion.

Regardless. The 'upgrades' of which you speak will no doubt happen in time any way. These two philosophies are not mutually exclusive. But it won't happen in our life times. So chill. Meditate. Connect to your spirit and find happiness without modification. It is possible.

Transhumanism will not end human loneliness, or poverty, or greed, or hatred, or war. Spirituality can.

You deny science?
Humans are not amazing. Primitive entities that need an upgrade like any other machine.
My opinion in this matter is absolute. Unlike primitive entities, I do not need belief in the divine.

One can not connect to what is not there. You do not have a spirit nor is there proof. Like all humans you are merely flesh. Modified happiness is much more enjoyable if done legally.

Science? Science depends on re-evaluating.

Claiming scientific importance to justify this topic and what you have mentioned here? Come on

You're kidding, right?

Scientific theory, and observation, are highly useful for optimizing and creating, absolutely.

But to think that "science" is the only way to, everything?

I could postulate close to any notion about the future for humanity and the way we must go about it (trans-humanism) and back it with the claim that it pertains to scientific progress, which is somehow supposed to automatically give it credit?

I know a lot of people that have fallen for that trick.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Speak for yourself. I'm a living soul.

I'm a prince, the son of the one true king, God the creator.

Those of you other living souls are my brothers and sisters.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

May I ask if humans are that then what are you?
2nd line

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by homeskillet

Well, leaving the spirit stuff to one side - I will happily agree to disagree with you :O) - I actually do agree with your premise. As I said in my first post on this thread. Spirituality and high technology, or even this transhumanism, are not mutually exclusive. I have lived both a spiritual and a technical life, spending over 20 years in the industry. I since quit due to the pressure to follow a more spiritual path, and spend a little time training to keep the wolf from the door.

I can't see why I can't sit and meditate, honor my spirits etc, whilst having a bionic arm upgrade and telescopic eyes and a neuro/systems interface to download my memory state to a computer backup. Why not? Just because we are spiritual does not mean we are not also bio-mechanical after all.

edit on 21-9-2012 by nothingwrong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blah yada

Shes a Robot and android, a computer buffer.......filled with 1 and 0s. The NWO will love programming that booty.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
In the future you will be One! With machines.
You will be able to program your feelings.
You can do this now! Just watch an emotional film.

I have had it proven to me that the Gods are there.
I could tell you but you would not believe me.
What the Gods are I don’t know.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

you are completely contradicting yourself because if it came down to it, people would have a CHOICE to upgrade themselves or not. i am not saying it is right or wrong, that is the entire concept of free will. we are able to CHOOSE how we want to live and what we want to feel.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

We are sentient. We are part of the universe. Ergo, the universe has the capacity for thought.

If you can't tell the difference between right and wrong, good and evil, then perhaps you are an automaton.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I agree we are flesh and soul-less, but we are not, neither should we claim to endeavor to be, machines.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join