It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are soulless flesh machines governed by their internal programming.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Why does mankind deny this fact about their existence? If mankind accepted this ultimate truth they could then embrace Transhumanism. Fusion between man The Flesh Machine and advance machine is the only logical outcome if we wish to evolve beyond our current limitations. There are no gods, angels or aliens that will guide you in life. Everything from your morals to believing in good or evil are primitive means of keeping a societal structure maintained.

Just imagine a world where nobody is ever alone. If you have no sexual market value you simply can buy a mate who will always love you. Don't understand a language? Just download it into your cybernetic brain. Can't afford a vacation? Log into a simulated reality for low price. This is true bliss of what Transhumanism can bring to all those people suffering. Making the disabled walk again, cures for diseases, complete cybernetic upgrade into a better human being. NO RELIGION can do this, NO GOD will save humanity, only giving ourselves to Transhumanism can push us forward.

Upgrade to the better human.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

So, you believe all those things will become a reality in the not-so-distant future, but you can't imagine anything else than a system governed by money ?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The imagination imagines, making images that are seen by the soul.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

So who did the programming...?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Sounds like hell, honestly.

Buy someone who will always love me? No, thanks. Life as an ordinary human may not be perfect but I would not trade who I am for perfection.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
Why does mankind deny this fact about their existence? If mankind accepted this ultimate truth they could then embrace Transhumanism. Fusion between man The Flesh Machine and advance machine is the only logical outcome if we wish to evolve beyond our current limitations. There are no gods, angels or aliens that will guide you in life. Everything from your morals to believing in good or evil are primitive means of keeping a societal structure maintained.

Just imagine a world where nobody is ever alone. If you have no sexual market value you simply can buy a mate who will always love you. Don't understand a language? Just download it into your cybernetic brain. Can't afford a vacation? Log into a simulated reality for low price. This is true bliss of what Transhumanism can bring to all those people suffering. Making the disabled walk again, cures for diseases, complete cybernetic upgrade into a better human being. NO RELIGION can do this, NO GOD will save humanity, only giving ourselves to Transhumanism can push us forward.

We deny it because it is not true.
Why would we want to evolve further? We are already amazing!
There are no gods angels or aliens....... In your personal opinion.

Regardless. The 'upgrades' of which you speak will no doubt happen in time any way. These two philosophies are not mutually exclusive. But it won't happen in our life times. So chill. Meditate. Connect to your spirit and find happiness without modification. It is possible.

Transhumanism will not end human loneliness, or poverty, or greed, or hatred, or war. Spirituality can.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong

We deny it because it is not true.
Why would we want to evolve further? We are already amazing!
There are no gods angels or aliens....... In your personal opinion.

Regardless. The 'upgrades' of which you speak will no doubt happen in time any way. These two philosophies are not mutually exclusive. But it won't happen in our life times. So chill. Meditate. Connect to your spirit and find happiness without modification. It is possible.

Transhumanism will not end human loneliness, or poverty, or greed, or hatred, or war. Spirituality can.

You deny science?
Humans are not amazing. Primitive entities that need an upgrade like any other machine.
My opinion in this matter is absolute. Unlike primitive entities, I do not need belief in the divine.

One can not connect to what is not there. You do not have a spirit nor is there proof. Like all humans you are merely flesh. Modified happiness is much more enjoyable if done legally.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

You deny science?
Humans are not amazing. Primitive entities that need an upgrade like any other machine.
My opinion in this matter is absolute. Unlike primitive entities, I do not need belief in the divine.

One can not connect to what is not there. You do not have a spirit nor is there proof. Like all humans you are merely flesh. Modified happiness is much more enjoyable if done legally.

Is you represent an example of the flesh and machine fusion then id say you can keep your brave new world. Your just merely a collection of 1 and 0s from now on.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
Sounds like hell, honestly.

Buy someone who will always love me? No, thanks. Life as an ordinary human may not be perfect but I would not trade who I am for perfection.

Define Hell: A place regarded in various religions as a spiritual realm of evil and suffering. Human life is already hell judging by how much people suffer daily. The only reason you can say what you say is because you live in a nice warm home with food surrounded by security. Even then your current security is an illusion.

In another part of the world there are women being assaulted in mass numbers, men being sent to meaningless wars, children being born with deformities. The purpose of Transhumanism is all about ending all of this Hell on earth.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

You deny science?

You could not be more wrong. Don't try and tell me anything about something of which you know nothing. There is no science in the world which can disprove spirit. Don't even think about it, that just dross.

Your opinion means nothing. Don't bother describing it to me lol!

"Unlike primitive entities, I do not need belief in the divine." Don't imply that I - or anyone who believes in spirit - is primitive. That is an unnecessary insult my friend. It is not required here, or appreciated.

I have a world of spiritual experiences that you and your precious science is entirely incapable of explaining. Which is proof enough for me to know that I am completely right about this. Experience will always beat opinion. And my lifetime of experience tells me your opinion isn't worth tosh. And there's nothing you can do about that.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I like the way you think.

The sooner people rid themselves of all the superstitious nonsense and realize we are just bi-pedal meat sacks, the sooner we can get on with all of the fun stuff.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I refuse to live a life just submitting that im a programmed meat bag.

Thought i do agree with your vision of the future even if its many.........many years from now. Trying to live like that now without the technology is an exercise in folly/fantasy imo.

im not striving for perfection but a few upgrades wouldn't hurt.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

In my lifetime so far...I have been allowed to see Angels and Aliens. They do exist.

You and I can agree to disagree.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Yes, life on earth is hell. Why is that?

I read one of your posts somewhere that you are incapable of love. Lack of love and empathy by those in power, along with religion and greed is the problem--not because we are human.

Those without love, without empathy and compassion, those who worship money, material things and power over life--they are the ones who are less than human. I am not a soulless flesh machine. Maybe you are, but I'm not.
edit on 21-9-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

If 1 may ask what is the purpose then of mankind if ment to reproduce only and then become cyborg? What is the end goal and who influences this process OP? Thanks in advance

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
"purpose" is a human idea and always in relation to something else. if i want A then i need to do X. i think if we looked at life as an after effect instead of a reason for everything we'd have a better perspective on what it means to be.

just because you (or anyone else for that matter) refuse to believe that doesnt make it anymore real. it's just deluding yourself to make yourself feel better that death isnt the end,all the horrors that others go through arent in vain and the so called evil people get their just deserts.

It's also a delusion that atheists can't marvel at the fact that we are"meatbags" in a immensely complex universe without believing in a spirit and afterlife. there are most definitely atheistic people who can feel something on par with this so called "spiritual" experience. you're not special.

transhumanism is in my opinion almost 100% inevitable and is just a logical extension of universal evolution. barring a tremendous catastrophe, we will continue to integrate technology into ourselves until the romantic idea that we are at an end in form is a trivial archaic notion.

life isnt a futuristic dystopian movie where the human "spirit" is always shining through at the end.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Transhumanism is an international intellectual and cultural movement that affirms the possibility and desirability of fundamentally transforming the human condition by developing and making widely available technologies to eliminate aging and to greatly enhance human intellectual, physical, and psychological capacities...

...Influenced by seminal works of science fiction, the transhumanist vision of a transformed future humanity has attracted many supporters...

Without entering into any details, sciences to "eliminate" aging, greatly enhance human intellectual, physical, psychological capacities and cure all diseases that don't require Any technology already exist since Many millennia. You only need to perform researches...

The ancients were much more evolved than us.

edit on 21-9-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet

life isnt a futuristic dystopian movie where the human "spirit" is always shining through at the end.

Its energy, and there ARE hierarchies of energies over other energies some good some bad.. 1 seeks no fairy tale the balance exist. Vibrate as your will suggest maybe it means more school?
or that your pulled to that side of thinking which is very well. How better a Creator design then to let wills govern their own existences and locations of their energies until they see whats needed to be seen and are then finally freed.
edit on 9/21/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong

You deny science?

Your opinion means nothing. Don't bother describing it to me lol!

"Unlike primitive entities, I do not need belief in the divine." Don't imply that I - or anyone who believes in spirit - is primitive. That is an unnecessary insult my friend. It is not required here, or appreciated.

And my lifetime of experience tells me your opinion isn't worth tosh. And there's nothing you can do about that.

I don't think they meant to insult you. I took the word primitive on it's literal meaning, and find no insult there. Some of your remarks are insulting to Alyssa though.

I would consider us primitive,far from the finished article if there is such a thing. I would welcome a world of increased ability, increased understanding, and better health.

I wouldn't worry too much though, because this is a world you and I and most other people will never be a part of. It is already happening too. People you will never know are benefitting from technology you would not allow yourself to believe in even if it was made available to you.
edit on 21-9-2012 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2012 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet

just because you (or anyone else for that matter) refuse to believe that doesnt make it anymore real.

Just because you refuse to believe in spirit doesn't make it any less real.

it's just deluding yourself to make yourself feel better that death isnt the end,all the horrors that others go through arent in vain

I will feel happy at death because I have no fear of returning to the spirit from which we all come. I know that all the experiences we have are part of the reason we incarnated in the first place.

and the so called evil people get their just deserts.

There is no evil or good, there is no Heaven or Hell. No one gets any "just deserts" - we all just return to spirit knowing that we have accomplished what we came here to do.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but please don't try to tell me that my experiences are devoid of any meaning or value. You can no more prove you are right than I can prove that I am right. Absence of proof is not proof of absence. So you are following your faith in your beliefs just as much as I am following my faith in my beliefs. The difference is I have experiential evidence that there is a foundation for my beliefs. What do you have other than faith in your opinion?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join