It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More strange sounds reported - This time in Turkey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
(Link)

Translation from Turkish news website:

Istanbul at 01:00 midnight queues is claimed that there is a strange noise. İstanbul lular, today EkşiSözlük , Twitter and other social networking sites discussing this claim. weird sound similar to the sound of a siren in a hoarse spoken. Istanbul, Turkey after lular'ın share twit ' began to arrive from different parts of similar claims. Claims that there would be an earthquake precursor of these sounds in a virtual environment is also circulating.

So far, the reasons of this mysterious sound could not be understood.

Basically it's saying that many people from different cities in Turkey have heard the noise and it's being discussed on social networks like Facebook, Twitter etc. The source/cause of the noise is unknown still. Also a few months ago it had been said by the Turks that there had been a very unusual odour in Istanbul which was also discussed.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

what sort of odor and what kind of noise any recordings of the sound???

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I hope the doomsday trumpets are back, very atmospheric.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by Xaphan

what sort of odor and what kind of noise any recordings of the sound???

Somebody posted an audio clip on Soundcloud. I can't really make anything out though, it's muffled.
soundcloud.com...

I don't know what sort of odour, nobody mentioned that. Also, a fair amount of people have reported a drastic temperature drop, but I don't actually have any confirmation on that, so I'm waiting for an official source to verify this.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Update:

So apparently there are some YouTube videos now. I don't know if these are legit or not. You be the judge.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Second video=fail
First video= sounds like a recording of previous ones on You tube last time around (IMHO)....Russian ones?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Listen to the sound closely, as a previous poster mentioned (Red State) or World of the Worlds...it's simply a sound clip overlaid into generic video clip in this case Turkey...sorry no signs of the apocalypse!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Wouldn't trust it, the first video starts really loud and instantly stops at 00:08 without any echos, for such a loud noise I would expect it to last a little longer.

Doesn't mean that it didn't happen, but we need to find better sources...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Other ATS members can discuss weather or not the sounds are real. I know they are so I dont bother with that.

We havent had these sounds earlier years. If this would have happened in 2001 or 2004 or 2007, it would have been all over the social networks. And if it had happened before that, it would have been in the news. Young people may not remember, but we actually had good news not that long ago. In the 1980's and 1990's, it wasnt totally messed up like it is today.

So it happened the first time in 2011, at least from what I can see. I want to know what it means but nobody has managed to come up with a good explaination. Everybody is guessing but none of the guesses make any sense to me.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hi..it was even on news in Turkey..Thousands of people are now discussing it. Check this many pages if you can speak Turkish: www.eksisozluk.com...

I think it is something atmospheric-electromagnetic thing, but still scary..

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
One comment I liked was, "dont worry, Israfel doing his accord"

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie
Listen to the sound closely, as a previous poster mentioned (Red State) or World of the Worlds...it's simply a sound clip overlaid into generic video clip in this case Turkey...sorry no signs of the apocalypse!

So theres nothing to see here? Well what about the first hand reports to police departments, or the news, even alex jones talked about them. Sorry that debunker is bunk himself.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
These sounds are not fake i am definitly sure. But there is a scientific explanation for sure.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
More reports right now. A guy trying to upload. I will post here afterwards.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Recorded a couple of minutes ago

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
Recorded a couple of minutes ago

www.youtube.com...

Embedded it for you.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
That sounds very much like the sound of a slow moving freight train.
I`m not saying that`s what it is but it does sound a lot like one.

new topics

top topics

join