It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney flip flopping like a boss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Romney Promises Not to 'Round Up' Undocumented Immigrants

Mitt Romney sought to repair the damage from his "47 percent" remarks, saying here today he is concerned about the well-being of all voters at a "Meet the Candidate" event sponsored by Univision.

"My campaign is about the 100 percent of America," Romney said in a refrain he would repeat four times during the 45-minute event. "I know I'm not going to get 100 percent of the vote, and my campaign will focus on those people we think we can bring in to support it," he said. "But this campaign is about helping people who need help."

Romney, 65, was also pressed on the hot-button issue of immigration by Univision anchors Jorge Ramos and Maria Elena Salinas at the BankUnited Center Field House on the University of Miami campus. The candidate emphasized that he would expand legal immigration and said that he wouldn't aggressively pursue undocumented immigrants living in the United States. "I am not going to be going around the country and rounding them up," he said.

It's just so difficult to keep up with this guy's stance on a single issue. He has done a complete 180 since the primaries.

After he got caught saying that he wasn't worried about 47% of Americans, he's now saying that his campaign is about 100% of America
What a joke.

His tough talk of making immigrants "self deport" has since transformed into:

"I believe people make their own choices as to whether they want to go home and that's what I mean by 'self deportation,'"

Link
As every week passes, it becomes more clear that Obama will get 4 more years.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
You're absolutely right...

Romney is there to give Obama the election...just like John Kerry handed it to Bush, Sarah Palin handed it to Obama, etc.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The spin in this story is sickening. It's bad enough we have to stomach Romney and Obama's nonsense, but watching people eat up the media spin makes me want to repeatedly beat my head in the side of a moving train.

Romney in his speech about the "47%" is talking about getting votes. He does not care about the 47% who have already decided to vote for Obama. He knows the same thing we all know... he won't change their minds. He will not get the votes of the 47% who have already decided to vote for Obama-0 therefor he will not worry about them and instead focus on the votes he CAN get. This is why he was talking about how important it is to get the Latino vote.

Now I am not defending Romney. I am not a Romney supporter. However, that is the context in which he was speaking about, like it or not. If people want to attack him on this point, at least be accurate. He also did claim that the 47% of voters who have made up their minds to vote for Obama were lazy good for nothings who simply want entitlements for things like "food". Attack him for saying something stupid like that, but don't spin it.

Also keep in mind the speech was told a lunch that cost those people $50,000. When is the last time any of us had a lunch that cost 50k? When will any of us spend 50k for lunch? Not very likely!
edit on 21-9-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Originally posted by muse7
After he got caught saying that he wasn't worried about 47% of Americans, he's now saying that his campaign is about 100% of America

This had me so puzzled yesterday... How can a person say one thing and the next day, just ignore everything he said, and say something completely different and expect people to believe it???

reply to post by MrWendal

I know what you mean about the spin. That's not what I'm confused about. It was clear he was saying he didn't have any hope of getting votes of those 47%. However, he incorrectly claimed that those 47% were moochers, takers and users, and they were all going to vote for Obama. Like Oprah, Warren Buffett, most of Hollywood, the majority of women, people like me who pay my fair share of taxes (No, really, Mitt - I pay my full, fair share) and MILLIONS of others who support Obama, NOT because we are government sucks or victims, but because we agree with his positions on many things, most of all, that we are all in this together, not each on our own.

Mitt doesn't pay his full, FAIR share of taxes. HE is the moocher!

The fact that Romney views all Obama supporters through the same disdainful lens as many unthinking ATS members do, shows his lack of critical thinking skills and frankly, his willful ignorance.

THAT is the criticism I have. Not only that, like the OP said, if he has given up on getting the vote of the 47%, then why did he turn around and say that he is running for the 100%? To get their vote! It's a bald-faced lie. He's a schemer, a slime and will say ANYTHING to get what he wants, which is to use the presidency for his own personal monetary gain.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Of course you can also say the Mitt will not be personally rounding up "Undocumented Immigrants". It's all how you spin it.

However, I bet dollars to donuts that ICE will be directed to do their job and deport illegal aliens.

I'm sick of the PC crap that always seem to trying and spare feelings.

They are illegal, because they are breaking the law.

If I stole something, but said I "acquired" it, would I still go free?

"Your honor, I plead Not Guilty as I aquired that car the other night since no one else was using it at the time."

"OH? Since you put it that way, you are free to go...and I want to reprimand the foul officer who wrongfully incarcerated this man."

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Obama, lying like a bad used car salesman. So far as the immigration issue is concerned, Romney is not against legal immigration.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Obama has flip flopped so much that the Flip Flop manufacturing stock has gone through the roof since he took office. Since part of the video of Romney saying the 47% will not vote for him was deleted we don't know exactly what he said. The fact that it was deleted gives license to spin it to meet an agenda. If he creates jobs that will help that 47%. Obama can not create jobs. He wants government to be the employer so he can control everyone. GM wants to pay back the loan they got but are not being allowed to. The Left screams about Romney's outsourcing to save companies when he was a troubleshooter but say nothing about GM outsourcing 70% of the cars GM builds to China. Not to mention the Green jobs going to other countries.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Originally posted by jimmiec
Since part of the video of Romney saying the 47% will not vote for him was deleted we don't know exactly what he said.

There was QUITE enough there to hear exactly what he meant. Unless the missing part said, "All that stuff I said about the 47% is BS", then it doesn't matter what it said.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Of course Romney is not going to deport illegal immigrants. Who would mow his lawn?

The Globe said Romney, for an entire decade, used a landscaping company that relied on illegal Guatemalan immigrants. Employees at the company, Community Lawn Service with a Heart, said its owner hadn't asked them to provide documents showing their immigration status. The workers said they were paid $9 to $10 an hour, in cash, for working sometimes 11 hours a day.

Hired help haunts Romney

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Romney is such a horrible candidate, whom is supposed to represent another set of values, although half the time he sounds like he does and the other half sounds like he doesn't.

The only way Romney is going to win is if Obama really is ineligible for not being an American born citizen.

What a sad election.

new topics

top topics

join