It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart EPIC takedown of Fox News & Sean Hannity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

What would be the IQ of people voting a second time for this current disaster of a POTUS?

Higher than those voting for Romney.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have always maintained that Jon Stewart is the most honest news reporter out there. He will show every thing a politician has expressed throughout their career and just what they have said in the past week.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Fox needs to re-boot and do a system restore on the Glen Beck show. Their greatest mistake ever was to allow George Soros to arm-twist them into cancelling his program.

I would like to see them replace GB with RL - you guess who is meant by RL

Hint: he's a radio guy ...........like Hannity and Beck only he's 1,000 times more popular and he's funny as hell to boot.
edit on 21-9-2012 by de_Genova because: ERROR

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Oh my god

I couldn't stop laughing, again! I watched this when it aired and I was cracking up the entire episode. I'm apolitical and it's just so funny watching Colbert and Stewart point out the obvious flaws in BOTH of the political parties. That's why I like their shows so much -- they don't really try to push an agenda, just bash the crap out of the bullsh#&t that airs ( and doesn't).

It's amusing to see how far Fox News, and other tv news stations, will go in order to protect (and bash) the slim and badly damaged rep of the candidates specifically Fox protecting Romney and making the GOP out to be better than what it currently is. I used to be a Republican, but the GOP...not in the state it's in now. I just imagine the head director of Fox is a roulette wheel:

3 cherries: Slander Obama
2 cherries: Slander Obama, but talk about how good Romney is
1 cherry: Compare Obama with Romney but point out how Romney is just 'so much better'
3 7s: Only talk about how good Romney is

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Your threads are so good lol..

Fox news is a joke, they can't handle they have an absolute idiot presidential candidate to defend.

They also can't handle that their 50% of the country do not pay taxes talking point has been debunked.
edit on 21-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

its 49.7% dont pay federal "INCOME TAX's". its never been debunked. Money is withheld in pay checks and given back as tax returns at the end of the year resulting in a brake even or positive credit back in taxes.
edit on 21-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

What would be the IQ of the people voting for the Bush's admin 3rd term?

i know right, god forbid all 57 states vote for Mitt.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Foxnews viewers are easily some of the least intelligent members of our society.

IQ tests need to be a mandatory part of the voting process - for voters and candidates alike

Stupidity is a legitimate impairment - we don't allow blind people to drive, we shouldn't let idiots vote.

Have an IQ less than 90? Sorry, but I don't want you having a say in my government.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately, the problem with your idea is the fact that alot of idiots are smart.

There are plenty of Dr.s and lawyers, scientists,engineers,professors, and accountants who fall for the left right paradigm as well as religion and American Exceptionalism.
All people who think that "their team is best"

NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

These are all results of an underlying problem.
The inability to self examine and think critically.
Or as I like to put it.....STUPIDITY!!!

I agree with you that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote but then how are we going to determine WHO is stupid. 98% of our country wouldn't be allowed to vote.

I hate TPTB as much as the next guy but,
I have to side with them on this one.
People are dumb cattle who need to be lead.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Stewart and Colbert are excellent at bringing this hypocrisy to the eyes and ears of everyone. I get a serious laugh out of both of them...and they are generally pretty level handed. I have seen both point out "fail" in democrats as well.

The episode the OP was sharing was a really good one. At one point, you could tell that John was actually a little steamed about the crap that "Faux" news is pumping out....Isn't pumping endless bullsh!t into people's brains the equivalent to illegal toxic waste disposal? Someone should investigate that...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I watched this last night and it is so true.

Fox is the most hypocritical right wing mouth piece that has ever been broadcasted.

Fox viewers are low information voters.

There are actually people out there that believe that fox is fair and balanced. Their IQ must be astonishingly low.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

It was epic, I watched it last night myself.. the crazy thing is that FOX is so blatant at doing it that you'd think they were trying to make it obvious.. I just don't get it.

I have a good friend who's a conservative.. he will ONLY vote republican.. he doesn't care about policy issues.. when Bush Jr. was up for election I asked him who he was voting for and he said Bush.. so I was curious since I hadn't read up much about Bush's stance at that point.. I asked why he was voting that way? "Well he goes to church and seems to be a good guy" .. HE KNEW NOTHING OF HIS POLICIES OR HISTORY.. but he made up his mind already.. he wouldn't be swayed by anything..

He remains that way to this day.. he was all about hermain cain .. then newt.. ( he doesn't care for mormons ) .. then he latched on to Romney since he was the last choice in his mind only because Romney isn't a democrat and he fell for fox news reporting on ron paul as though he were fresh out of the loony bin.

That is one of the core problems in our country.. people who tow the party lines out of loyalty and nothing else..

I have voted republican and democrat in my time.. it always comes down to which candidate most aligns with my core values.. I won't vote just because of someone's party affiliation .. I will vote based on their record and their stance.. that's exactly why I can't vote for Romney.. his stance changes with the tide ..

Fox news will say whatever they can to promote their political darling.. facts are merely hurdles they have to sometimes avoid.. or alter to suit their narrative.

edit on 9/21/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
Stewart and Colbert are excellent at bringing this hypocrisy to the eyes and ears of everyone. I get a serious laugh out of both of them...and they are generally pretty level handed. I have seen both point out "fail" in democrats as well.

The episode the OP was sharing was a really good one. At one point, you could tell that John was actually a little steamed about the crap that "Faux" news is pumping out....Isn't pumping endless bullsh!t into people's brains the equivalent to illegal toxic waste disposal? Someone should investigate that...

I'm excited about the online debate between Stewart and O'Reilly .. they actually seem to have a mutual admiration for one another even though they fervently disagree .. they "like" each other.. so it's always fun seeing them go at it.

I know it's off topic but still interesting for those reading this thread, so relevant in a way..

www.latimes.com...

The trash-talking between the pundits, who sparred frequently and appeared on each other's program, has already begun.

"I told him we'll pick up all the hair mousse he needs," O'Reilly said in a telephone interview. "There's not an area on earth where I'm not stronger or more compelling than him."

Asked what area might prove to be O'Reilly's biggest weakness, Stewart replied, "Obviously, I think the biggest vulnerability will be his thoughts and ideas — the things he thinks in his brain."

The curious can watch the live-streamed debate for $4.95. "We kept [the price] low. We wanted everybody to get in the tent," said O'Reilly.

And the official site for the debate:
www.therumble2012.com...
edit on 9/21/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

you really think IQ testing should be required to vote? I live in Detroit and work in the restaurant industry which is inundated with democrats and Obama supporters and a good majority don't know the difference between there A.. and there hand. So go ahead and push for an IQ test to keep these lazy half witted free riders from running this country into the ground.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

A president can only be voted in twice herp derp. your IQ is not high enough to vote sorry have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
John Stewart restores my faith in you Yanks. Respect

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08

A president can only be voted in twice herp derp. your IQ is not high enough to vote sorry have a nice day.

Think he was pointing out the administration of Bush.
Romney has surrounded himself with many advisors and administrators from the bush administration.

Out of Romney's 24 special advisors on foreign policy, 17 served in the Bush-Cheney administration. If Romney were to win, it's likely that many of these people would serve in his administration in some capacity

Source
Hard to say your not something when you are using the same playbook

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's things like this that make Stewart a liberal shill for Obama. He's just another retarded Obama-bot.

He would never dare do something like this to a his fellow liberal, Obama.

Oh, he might poke fun at Obama, but poking fun is not the same thing as to what he's doing here to Romney.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bigcountry08

Oh but haven't you heard? Bush IS running for a third term. His neo-con War Cabinet is all assembled and ready to go for another round of Middle East "nation building".

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08
you really think IQ testing should be required to vote?

Not necessarily an IQ test per se. But a test that evaluates one's critical knowledge of economy, geopolitics, history and what it takes to run a country in general.

That is to say, we test people before we allow them to drive a car. So, why does casting a vote that can decide the future direction of a country and the lives of millions not require even a squirt of piss worth of prerequisite knowledge to be qualified for?

The pure and simple fact of the matter is that a critical thinker's vote is worth more than some abject idiot's who is swayed by slogans and buzz words. Yet, it carries no more value. Herein lies the inherent Achilles heal in the democratic system--a flaw that has hamstrung the potential for good governance for time immemorial.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Oh, he might poke fun at Obama, but poking fun is not the same thing as to what he's doing here to Romney.

He's not "doing it" to Mitt Romney - he's doing it to Fox "News". Now, I understand your confusion, Fox "News" and Mitt Romney are virtually synonymous, especially since Fox has become campaign HQ for the Romney Unit, but let's try and remain technically accurate here. Stewart's epic takedown was of Fox "News" and Sean Hannity.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Soooo, why doesn't Jon do a scit like this, but about how the rest of the MSM down plays or outright ignores Obama gaffes, but goes bat # crazy over Romney gaffes? Hell, Jon Stewart himself is guilty of this.

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
Stewart and Colbert are excellent at bringing this hypocrisy to the eyes and ears of everyone.

Unless of course its HIS hypocrisy, or the hypocrisy of the MSM who lie, spin and deflect in order to defend their guy and their party.
edit on 21-9-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is all a distraction to maintain the left-right paradigm.

We failed Ron Paul in 2012. Jesse Ventura wants to run for 2016 tho. Let's hope we at least get there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join