It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piano bunny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I like and laugh at a lot of classic cartoons.Instead of collecting stamps,the toons prevailed.I can't seem to find"I wish my brother George was here"...the three piggy jam.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm with you on the cartoons. I have over 42 hours of just Tom & Jerry alone on my computer.
edit on 21-9-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
I'm with you on the cartoons. I have over 42 hours of just Tom & Jerry alone on my computer.
edit on 21-9-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

I love that cartoon so much that last week when my cats were chasing a baby mouse, I screamed "Jerrrrrrrryyyy". And the mouse now lives outside in the woods. Where my cats don't live.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Those cartoons are what gave me an appreciation for classical music.There's sooooo many of them especially warner brothers.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I see that this thread isn't getting the attention it deserves. Why, you ask, did I make that statement...

Unlike the tripe that passes as animated art today much of what some of us learned early in life about classical music came from early cartoons.

My first introduction to the majesty and beauty of the works of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart came from a simple cartoon of a young boy who, upon receiving his first rifle, proceeded to go into the woods and shoot a bird. When he realized what he did his sadness (there were no words in this cartoon) was portrayed by an excerpt from Mozart's Requiem. I am not sure but I think it was the Lachrimosa from Requiem. I don't know what piece was used to express the young boy's joy at finding that he only stunned the bird but it would have been in the class of Leon Fleischer's version of "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" titled "Ode to Joy".

Then I was first introduced to classical opera by a cartoon of a singing whale who did the laughing and crying scene from Pagliacci.

There was more but I think I have made my point not only about the value of early cartoons but also about the utter drivel they present to our children's impressionable minds today.

new topics

top topics

join