It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O eyes ‘blind sheik’ release

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Well it looks like Egypt might just get their "demand" for the release of convicted terrorist Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman !!

This guy was involved in the 1993 WTC bombing and some other plots.

Now the U.S. might "give him back".....

The New York Post -- Last Updated: 4:15 AM, September 20, 2012

The Obama administration is weighing the release of blind Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman — the spiritual adviser to the 1993 World Trade Center bombers — in a stunning goodwill gesture toward Egypt that has touched off a political firestorm, officials said yesterday.

The Egyptian government “asked for his release,” an administration source told The Post — and Rep. Peter King (R-LI) confirmed the request is being considered.

The White House, State Department and Justice Department each issued statements denying any deal is in the works, but, “There’s no way to believe anything they say,” said Andrew McCarthy, the former assistant US attorney who prosecuted Abdel-Rahman. “I believe there may already be a nod-and-wink agreement in place.”

How does this "Help" ?

or better yet..... WHO does this really "Help" ?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I've been watching this closely over the last sveral days and it is beginning to look as though he will be released. As yo said, this man was the mastermind behind the 1993 WTC attack and according to an interview I watched with the judge who presided over his trial this man was also instrumental in coordinating the 9/11 attacks from behind bars.

As for your question of how does this help or who does it help, well it helps the radical Muslims and this sheik. If this man is released he will be just like the man who lead the attack on the Libyan embassy, he was a prisoner at Gitmo until released into the custody of the Muslims who in turn released him

If this happens it will just further show our governments ignorance and what an inexperienced idiot we have in the White House. If this is allowed to happen then I say Obama should hang for it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This # better not happen...

If it does it seems like we are in bizarro world where the election is a race to see who can screw up the most and still win...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I thought we didn't negotiate with terrorists.

Why would this even be considered?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I think the Obama "Administration" is choking and gagging on this whole Embassy deal.

Somebody is being made to look like fools.

How many Embassies have been "attacked" or "protested" now ? 20 or more so far ?

Weak Administrations always show weak results.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

And, will the 47% even hear the news, or will they be watching X Factor, or whatever other dribble is on TV.

If they hear the news, will they care?

Our country is witnessing a turning point of stupidity and slavery.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
I thought we didn't negotiate with terrorists.

Why would this even be considered?

That was my first thought too. Reason enough not to re-elect Obama. Perhaps reason enough to get him impeached.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I dont see how this person release is going to help Obama in the polls / re-election. Even entertaining the idea is political suicide. On the off chance Obama ios re-elected and opts to release the Sheik at that time its going to do nothing but incite the people / political parties and he is going to effectively become a lame duck president before he is even sworn in.

Any agenda he has going into his second term will be hamstrung and anytime his administration does something that appears to be even remotely a law violation is going to get full attention.

While the President has the constitutional authority to pardon the blind sheik I dont see how it is going to pay off in any way shape or form.

Personally speaking I think its treasonous to even entertain the calls for this asshats release.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Well it looks like Egypt might just get their "demand" for the release of convicted terrorist Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman !!

This guy was involved in the 1993 WTC bombing and some other plots.

Now the U.S. might "give him back".....

The New York Post -- Last Updated: 4:15 AM, September 20, 2012

The Obama administration is weighing the release of blind Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman — the spiritual adviser to the 1993 World Trade Center bombers — in a stunning goodwill gesture toward Egypt that has touched off a political firestorm, officials said yesterday.

The Egyptian government “asked for his release,” an administration source told The Post — and Rep. Peter King (R-LI) confirmed the request is being considered.

The White House, State Department and Justice Department each issued statements denying any deal is in the works, but, “There’s no way to believe anything they say,” said Andrew McCarthy, the former assistant US attorney who prosecuted Abdel-Rahman. “I believe there may already be a nod-and-wink agreement in place.”

How does this "Help" ?

or better yet..... WHO does this really "Help" ?

The Appeaser -in-Chief strikes again.

Somebody better tell Obama: The War on Terror is back on.

Just ask Jay Carney.

-- It's self evident. --

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

On the off chance Obama ios re-elected and opts to release the Sheik at that time its going to do nothing but incite the people...

I agree with your post from beginning to end. The only part I question is not the opinion but the 'who'?

Who are the 'people' his actions will incite?

To date I've yet to see Americans truly 'incited' over any (negative) 'change' since Obama was sworn in. Oh wait! Maybe you're not speaking of Americans? :O

Then again maybe it's late and I've not got my thinking hat screwed on correctly. At least with you? If I don't? I know you'll not beat me up replying!

Thank you in advance!

peace

edit on 21-9-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Obama knows full well that releasing this guy or continuing to boldly lie to the American people, or doing a host of other stupid things will not hurt his chances winning this upcoming election. He couldn't be trying any harder to look dumber than Romney and he will still win. It's like they are all playing a big joke on everyone to see who can screw up more because they all know that it doesn't even matter who's in the White house, the big agenda will still move forward regardless.It's like the Phys ops has been sped up from a monthly event to an almost daily event of manipulation to absolutely confuse the hell out of everyone on the planet.Turn everyone against everyone, implode social order, destroy the worlds economy ,start a massive world war, bomb the # out of the big population centers, come in clean up and start all over with more control ,and less people. NWO, plain and simple. They will never stop until it is done. We are now seeing the rapid expansion of this agenda right before our very eyes, but to the trained sheep it all just looks like random unconnected events.Don't get sucked in my friends, it's easy to do.
Always look at the bigger picture.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The NY Post is the launching pad for many of the Rupert Murdoch/News Corp rumors that they then run on Fox "News". NYpost runs some unsubstantiated rumor, using dubious or "anonymous" sources, then Fox runs the story and uses the NY Post as the source, lending the story more "credibility" in spite of the same dubious sources at it's origin.

In this case, this whole farce of a story actually comes from known rumor-monger Glenn Beck, and it was quickly shot down.

KTH: GOP alleges blind sheikh to be set free

Keeping Them Honest, there's no evidence that the Obama administration will release Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman, the notorious terrorist convicted of plotting the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

He is serving a life sentence in a North Carolina prison. The NY Post cites unnamed sources and a former federal prosecutor who say he may be set free as a goodwill gesture to Egyptians.

Rep. Peter King and other Republican lawmakers wrote a letter to Attorney General Holder and Secretary Clinton to make the point that the release of the sheikh would be seen as a sign of weakness.

The Justice Department, the National Security Council and the State Department have denied any plans to move the sheikh from his current location.

GOP Parrots Glenn Beck Conspiracy Theory, Suggests Obama Plans To Release World Trade Center Bomber

The Obama administration has already said this report is false (“utter garbage” in the words of a Justice Department spokesperson). Yet these top Republicans ran with the charge anyway. So where did it come from?

It seems that the conspiracy theory started in part with a post on the Weekly Standard’s website last week, quoting a USA Today story reporting that the protests in Cairo may have been planned by a group the blind sheik formerly led.

But Glenn Beck’s website the Blaze reported on Sept. 17 that according to an anonymous source, “the transfer of the Blind Sheikh to Egypt is something that is being ‘actively considered’ by the administration as a solution to the ongoing crisis in the Middle East.” The Blaze also reported DOJ’s denial and did not corroborate the anonymous source’s claim.

Conservative Media Baselessly Claim Obama Will Release Convicted Terrorist

Dismissing evidence to the contrary, conservative media this week claimed the Obama administration is considering releasing Omar Abdel-Rahman, also known as "the Blind Sheikh," who was convicted of planning terrorist attacks against the U.S. Even after administration officials denied accusations that Abdel-Rahman may be released, right-wing media continued to push the claim.

This type of garbage rumor-mongering is exactly what is wrong with the GOP. They literally have nothing left but dirty tricks.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

You have obviously been drinking too much Obama Kool-aid, the poor spokeswoman for the state dept. couldn't even make sense of the "Egypt is not an ally" response. This administration doesn't know who is in charge and even what their "talking points" are.

Obama might get drunk at one of his hip-hop parties and declare all the Gitmo detainees are free one night.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

You have obviously been drinking too much Obama Kool-aid, the poor spokeswoman for the state dept. couldn't even make sense of the "Egypt is not an ally" response. This administration doesn't know who is in charge and even what their "talking points" are.

Obama might get drunk at one of his hip-hop parties and declare all the Gitmo detainees are free one night.

November can't get here soon enough.

Here's the Electoral Map for November 7, 2012.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Yup.. its all fake.. Telling the American people you are considering releasing a convicted terrorist from the first world trade center atack just before a Presidential election is not exactly a vote getter...

Gee I wonder why the administration would be saying its untrue, even though left wing liberal sites like the NY post are also covering the story.

Yup.. its a vast right wing conspiracy....

Apparently you forgot about Obama speaking with the Russian President discussing out missile defense program...

Or when he and the French President were caught slamming Israeli leaders....

Yup.. everything Obama and his administration tells us must be true...

/end sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

NY Post is not a "left-wing liberal site" - it's owned by News Corp. and Rupert Murdoch, and has been a tabloid-style source for most of the more outlandish right-wing fabrications. NY Post is the tabloid launching pad for right-wing rumors, which Murdoch's other media outlets then cite as a source to further lend these rumors more credibility.

The story in question from the OP is a fabrication from right-wing tabloid reporting. Notice how even the letter certain GOP members penned tried to insinuate Obama is somehow planning to release the 1993 WTC bomber - Nothing of this GOP/right-wing dirty trick is even remotely true.

top topics

join