It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies in ancient mythology and religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I wrote a story for our local paper.. "the zombie hoarde comes to ******" I got the idea when I had driven out at abut 8:30 at night to pick my middle kid up from a martial arts class and ran into the real zombies around here... clothing hanging off, staggering around aimlessly, one person was walking down the middle of the street with a coat on and this was July... etc.
Now, of course I embellished but I only told directly what I saw and the embellishment was possible causes for the hoarde.. zombism. I wrote it as satire basically due to the homelessness after our illustrious mayor closed our homeless shelters and made panhandling legal ( true and true.. brains and change are sorta alike.. ), our outrageous jobless rate here ( some put it at 30%) and the general lawlessness after the sun goes down here, etc... just to get my nemesis' goat : My Mayor who lives 3 streets over from me. The paper printed it.. and aw lawd did the fur fly.
Unfortunately there were those who tried to make it racist.. then they ran a pic of me and Im not white.
But let me tell you, zombies are real. They just arent dead.. yet. Ambulatory brain dead or soul dead maybe.... or drugged into zombism. Some are just life weary. You want to talk about dead zombies? I dont know any personally. I was born and raised in New Orleans.. there are some there who's life ambition is to live the "zombie lifestyle".. go figure. Hang out in graveyards.. like a death-philia lifestyle thing going on.

My culture has no "zombie" folklore that I know of. Blood eaters, shapeshifters, but no zombies. Thank goodness.. the rez is safe when the apocalypse arrives

For me I welcome the zombie apocalypse as long as they are the slow Romero dead and not the fast aggressive 28 Days dead. Im getting older and I dont feel like running a whole lot. Once in a while I teach a class here or there at the community college ( people can do that.. for you brainiacs here.. go teach an ancient alien class or 911 truth class.. make your FBI file thick(er) ) and I was seriously thinking of a Zombie Apocalypse Prep course. Id use my being already involved in the self defense junk I do in the summer with the kids and add in some virology, trapping, survival, and folklore/history BS... Voila. Xmas money and more goat getting to be had.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

The downtrodden do display zombie-like behavior sometimes, which makes one speculate about whether its some kind of pre-stage to an even further descent into genuine zombism.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

But I thought zombies were dead and came back from being dead. You talking about people dying.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beakeradams

But I thought zombies were dead and came back from being dead. You talking about people dying.

And thats precisely what some of the ancient traditions report...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Great topic. There are many many MANY accounts of zombie type things. I know shaman - types practised on basically turning a person into a zombie, but not in the way that we expect. That "zombie" is more of a slave. He does whatever he is commanded to do, and he has absolutely no control over his body. Many Indian tribes dealt with that sort of stuff, there were tribes 100% in Africa that did it. It's pretty crazy stuff.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

TehSlenderMan
Great topic. There are many many MANY accounts of zombie type things. I know shaman - types practised on basically turning a person into a zombie, but not in the way that we expect. That "zombie" is more of a slave. He does whatever he is commanded to do, and he has absolutely no control over his body. Many Indian tribes dealt with that sort of stuff, there were tribes 100% in Africa that did it. It's pretty crazy stuff.

Actually there have been a lot of tales from Tibet about groups of "Bon-Religion", "black-magic" practicing Lamas who revive people from the dead and then use them as working slaves. I always wondered about the truth or fantasy of these stories.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Usually there is a grain of truth to old legends, especially if those old legends are shared throughout the world by many cultures that never had contact with each other. Certainly this deserves a little more research.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The Zombie Invasion of 1599

I came accross this and any thoughts on this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
op...the bible has an account of several graves opening up and the dead rising up and going out into the city.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join