It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange sounds over radio stations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

It does not freak me out, it reminds me of the Kyoto Monks chanting. I only listened to the first minute or so.

I clicked on here though because I have deep concerns about leaving the radio on all night for C2C, I think frequencies are being channeled through that station... No talking me out of it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
Considering it is present, no mater where you tune the radio indicates that it is probably bleeding in through the radio’s IF chain. That is around 10.7mhz. It may be a sub harmonic of that frequency, around 5.35mhz or on down.

If the radio’s IF is a bit wide and the source is close, or wide, it may be the 13Mhz ISM band bleeding into it. Things like RF part heaters or diathermy machines.

In my own honest opinion, it sounds like a diathermy machine.
en.wikipedia.org...
I have heard some over the radio, and each brand, and type will have a different sound, and rhythm to it. They normally try to apply heat in waves to help sooth muscles. You will often hear them bleeding over the radio when you are around a nursing home. They are popular there.

The reason it is bleeding into your radio is you have a cheaply constructed radio. It doesn’t mater how much the sticker price on it was, the radio probably has very poor front end filtering (or none at all). And/or it has no shielding of the IF chain.

I would say you would find it if you had an HF radio and tuned through the 13mhz, 10mhz, 5mhz, and 3Mhz bands in that order.

If you don’t want to listen too it, then get a better radio.

Seems the guy uses that radio often at his camp/cabin and never heard this before. One of the responses to the video claimed it's ETs releasing tectonic pressure from the earth's crust to prevent volcanic action. Maybe it's a very large diathermy machine for the earth's cramps

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
ignore sorry

edit on 21-9-2012 by DIRTYDONKEY because: not satisfied with my data

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It sounds like my next store neighbor mowing his lawn moving to and fro in front of my window.

I remember a story on the George Noory program where this woman claimed you could ask a "ghost" a question, move the radio dial and get an answer. She had a few tapes where you could probably interpret a word or two but it was mostly noise. Like this.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think the guy should have his radio serviced for anything that might be wearing out. If he finds out that he doesn't need anything replaced, then he should play the tape to who ever services his radio to see if they have ever experienced sounds such as this. Also, he should ask people in the area where he lives to see if they heard any strange sounds on the same night he had, whether on the radio or tv. To me it sounds like some kind of form of communication. Were there any UFO's spoted in that area on the same night ? Could this be some of the strange sounds the earth is making that people have reported all over the world for the last year or two and his radio picked it up on the air waves? I sure hope he gets his radio serviced and let us know what that sound is coming over his radio.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Or a more reasonable explanation would be…..
An old person that has been hiking through the woods all day, has just got back to camp and he/she pulls out the portable diathermy unit to sooth his/her aching muscles.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Information theorists could tell us what this is about but I know of any. Maybe send it to www.itsoc.org... they will know what this is.
edit on 21-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have a spectrograph app on my phone.

This is the image produced from the sound.

Still clueless.

Next would be to see what pattern it makes on a cymascope.
www.cymascope.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sounds like a sorrowfull response to 'something'.
Can't you 'feel' it?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo
I found another video of strange sounds over the radio, this time in a car radio

strange sounds over radio

That is a telemetry transmission. Sometime they operate them in the edges of the FM band, and in the unused guard bands between the TV stations. He had it tuned to 107.1
FM image frequencies would be 85.7, and 128.5 (107.1+/-10.7x2) The most likely is the lower frequency. That would place it right between channel 5 and 6 on the TV dial. And a local oscillator frequency below the tuned station(which is normal for most FM radios) would give the lower image frequency.

They are used for short distance transmission of command and control data for utility and monitoring systems.

Things like monitoring the water level in a water tower.
Monitoring the pressures and controlling pumps at a remote water pumping station.
Transmitting data from a remote weather station.
On and on.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here is a guy who hears strange noises in tires on highways, if you listen you can hear what sounds like something is saying something, again giving credibility to my theory that these strange sounds heard in atmosphere and radios, now highways can be attributed to something like an ET telepathic communications system, possibly copied by humans, who knows, the whole voice to skull thing could be a cover for what they really have?

strange sounds on highways

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Someone earlier said a bit similar sounds of Zen meditation gives him/her hallusinations.
Just a wild wild guess maybe these tunes are hidden in normal radio programs and explains some of the crazy Zombie people (which were not under any drugs) behaviour.. scary

Don´t listen radio ...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I've been listening to this and to put my experience in context I've been listening to the shortwave HF spectrum since the early 1970s and been a licensed radio ham since 1974 (callsign G8KNF) having also worked at both Racal and Marconi on HF kit.

What you are listening to are two separate sounds - I'll try to explain in a not too difficult manner.

You are listening to a VHF receiver. Although it tunes 88-108 Mhz it looks like an older style of receiver. This means it will also have a second single frequency receive strip, normally fixed at a frequency of 10.7 Mhz. This is smack bang in the middle of short wave - I'll come back to this bit later. This part is called the IF (Intermediate frequency). This is where the signal (RF) is demodulated and turned from RF to AF (audio). In older radios this uses a whole line of discrete components, tuned coils and so forth.

Nowadays in modern synthesized sets all this demodulation, and IF processing is done at a much higher frequency. Why you ask. Well a common problem is that under certain circumstances you can get "IF Breakthrough". This is when the radio actually hears very strong signals which are transmitting around 10.5 - 10.8 Mhz and appears as morse code and other strange data noises.

The bandwidth at 10.7 Mhz is such that you may hear more than one signal, and some receivers are called dual conversion where they have two IF strips, the first at 21.4 Mhz or 10.7 Mhz and a second one at 455 Khz.

455 khz is bang smack in the middle of a band used by marine users, and they all use morse code.

Now, early evenings, just after dusk is a point where there is strong signals around 9/10/12 Mhz and propagation is such that breakthrough is quite possible. Breakthrough can also appear if and cabinet screened panels are removed from a radio or an external wire is clipped onto a VHF style telescopic whip - this can cause overload and spurious breakthrough.

I'd be very happy to answer any further questions.

Duncan (UK)
Owner
East London Communications
edit on 21-9-2012 by radioboffin because: I thought of something extra!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by radioboffin

Would he still hear radio station broadcasts?

i heard several channels as he scanned the radio dial.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
In the United Kingdom, the terrestrial switchover started in October 2007 and is scheduled to end on 24 October 2012. Each group of transmitters within each TV region will have its analogue broadcasts switched off at a certain time between these dates. The process is co-ordinated by an independent body, Digital UK.

You want to miss anything through analogue?

Always wondered if the switch over was timed to blind.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You will notice it only happens at night.

It's the Ionospheric heaters, Russian satellites over North America. They only kick on at night. You also can visually see vertical streaks of light where they are aimed down.

Why does Russia have Ionospheric Heaters over North America?.......you really need to dig into that one and read the publicly available data.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Sounds like snippets of motocross bikes..............

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I didn't hear God's voice. There was, briefly an audible voice, possibly a female passenger in the car spoke. The rest of the sound sounded like a vehicle driving over a road, nothing unusual..

The op video of radio frequencies sounded like race cars to me, along with interference and poor reception. It could also be faulty equipment or wiring. Somebody in the neighbourhood could have been using something that caused interference; cordless phones, electrical appliances, organs, etc

If you scan through channels late at night, you can pick up a lot of stations, some further away that don't come in during the day. One might crossover to all of them, until you tune in to one that's closer and clearer.

I've heard this before on my own radios. Mostly it happens on portable radios.
Depends on your location

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hi everyone, First time posting here. That sound remains me of an episode of the outer limits called the music of the spheres. It was about a signal sent from space that changed the DNA of the youngsters because the sun was about to change to UV and everyone not change will die. Science fiction lately is becoming science fact. Here is the sinopsis of the episode and a youtube link also a hulu link for the whole episode. Is just a comparison. Have a nice day all.

Plot

Devon's younger sister, Joyce Taylor, plays the tape and enjoys the sound so much she plays it at a rave. When Devon finds her at the rave, everyone there seems to be entranced by the music. All are also infected with skin deformities. All the teens are quarantined at a hospital, but when they are separated from the music on the tape, they all experience severe pain and withdrawal symptoms. Devon and his superiors are left with no choice but to let the patients listen to the tape until the rest of the transmitted message can be deciphered. It is determined that the source of this message is from a distant world and is in fact artificial in origin which implies it was sent from an intelligent source. The military, at this point, assumes that Earth is under attack from this new threat and must proceed as such.

Devon is later reviewing photographs taken of stars at different periods in time and discovers that the star of the alien world went ultraviolet 40 years in the past. He brings this information to his superiors and the military. They then realise that the radiation of Earth's sun is also changing to this spectrum, heralded by increased solar activity. Further research indicates that the noise/music is being transmitted to cause life on earth to mutate and transform so it can adapt to the new conditions, and that the alien transmission is in a sense a benevolent effort. Once this is realised, the richer governments of the world send up satellites to transmit the noise over the entire world, so that even the poorer countries and more remote areas of the world can transition to this new phase of existence. Human beings are given the choice whether to go ahead with the transformation or not, although anyone who chooses not to undergo the change will have to remain indoors for the rest of their lives because the new sunlight's radiation would otherwise be fatal within hours.

The final scene begins with Devon's father, still human, entering his daughter's room. She tells him that she is sorry that she won't be able to look beautiful in her prom dress, as the camera pans up showing her new skin to be a golden metallic substance; but her father reassures her that she will always be beautiful. Devon enters the room, also in his new skin, and tells Joyce that it is time for the change to occur. They all go outside with Joyce's boyfriend and watch the new sun appear in the sky, their faces filled with hope.

Youtube link
www.youtube.com...

Hulu link:
www.hulu.com...#!watch/67557

Is just a crazy idea of mine that the sound remainded me of this episode.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the link to that Outer Limits show, Gorky.

Very kewl indeed!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join