It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange sounds over radio stations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Why a capacitor?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
strange sounds and Fm station-different video

Here's another one I found, Im not sure what the sound is from at the end though when hes playing the waveform part back. Something must have been affecting the rooster though.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Capacitors are basicly tiny batteries. A bad capacitor can charge,discharge from a crack or several cracks, cold or cracked solder joint etc.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I was wondering about a capacitor myself. I've had one go bad in my amp before, and it will produce some strange noises. What I'm hearing here (using my ear from music production): There are a couple different layers. The oscillating sound is pretty constant, and even has a pretty steady tempo, which could be indicative of a bad capacitor. There is, as noted a layer of "noise" or static . Judging by the guy's equipment (a tape player from the early 90's) he's OBVIOUSLY a professional radio operator. What I find intriguing is that he gets MOSTLY this sound. Some other stuff fades in and out, but that oscillation has a definite rhythm, as has been noted. Of note is the fact that the oscillation stays pretty much within the same frequency range the whole time, it's not all over the sound spectrum. It's hard for me to tell, but it doesn't seem like it raises in pitch, just it's frequency changes, much like you would hear in "build ups" electronic music, or when using a wah pedal with a guitar. The frequency seems to be following a pretty steady waveform. I can't chalk this up to anything paranormal. There needs to be a control. A different radio, a different outlet, different operator. There are too many variables and unknowns. Also: no headache, no tension, no sickness.

edit on 21-9-2012 by GreyFox388 because: Added words for clarity

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I wonder why it sounds like a voice, though.
I'm surprised that more people aren't reporting it from up there. Unless it's unique to the guy's personal reception...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The effect though sounding on all freguencies....does not mean its NATION WIDE....it could be local to the particular reciever.....
Suppose the radio was in a room with a defective air purifying fan that was putting interferance electircal signals out.....or some device in the neighbourhood like a large neon sign or miceo wave tower , just about anything electrical that draws power and creates interferance.....

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If the radio is plugged into house current it can pick up interference from any household appliance or even the neighbors appliances/television etc. They make speakers that simply plug into an a/c outlet of your house with no other wiring and they pick up from the stereo through the house wiring.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
sounds like some kind of signal repeating(?) spooky sounding, whatever it is.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

In the youtube video the recording claims to have been done at a camp in the bush with no interference locally which seems to rule out neighbors and or commercial applications causing the sound.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If its a "message" its the same message on repeat...its the same pattern over and over again. Sounds to me like a "wave" in and of itself...as in low high low...which graphed would look like your typical wave form.

I'm going to say this is a natural effect of scanning frequencies or something of that nature.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
I wonder why it sounds like a voice, though.
I'm surprised that more people aren't reporting it from up there. Unless it's unique to the guy's personal reception...
probably because it is some guy messing around on a mic,that is going through different sound processors,then mixing the audio track into the video.not hard to do,i could do it easily in my studio.i am not saying that it is a definite fake,but sometimes people just like attention.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I found another video of strange sounds over the radio, this time in a car radio

strange sounds over radio

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
very interesting.. will keep my eye on this - nice post OP.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sounds like off road motorcycle race. I hate when the kids next door practice on theirs they built hills and jumps on their land.

Could it be he is using a recording cutting in and out?
edit on 21-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
Sounds like off road motorcycle race. I hate when the kids next door practice on theirs they built hills and jumps on their land.

Could it be he is using a recording cutting in and out?
edit on 21-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

lol. the first thing that came to mind was "he's watching Fast and the Furious, damn hondas..."
but really, if it's legit, it's very strange.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Ok, but why a capacitor? Why not a diode or a resistor or a transistor or an integrated circuit such as a regulator or op-amp, processor, frequency synthesiser, converter, etc. Or a bad solder joint anywhere else on the PCB, or the PCB it self or a bad connector, or a contaminat such as dust or oxidization, or a problem with any of the dozens of other types of components that are as fallible or more fallible than a capacitor?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

edit on 21-9-2012 by aeiou because: no reason

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo
strange sounds and Fm station-different video

Here's another one I found, Im not sure what the sound is from at the end though when hes playing the waveform part back. Something must have been affecting the rooster though.

Now that one is obvious.

That is a SSB voice transmission bleeding into the receiver.
Anyone that has ever tuned an AM or FM radio onto a SSB transmission will know the sound instantly.

It could be any near by transmitter doing it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
anybody ever hear about mr. microphone by ronco

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina

It sounds so scary! I listened to it past midnight against the will of the gods of common sense, and am now endlessly listening to happy circus-type music to wash it out.

edit on 20-9-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

LOL. So where do you get "happy circus-type music" from? Needed a star for that

edit on 21-9-2012 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join