It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time-Slips & Contradicting News Reports are Melting Reality All Around Me

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

Nope, freaky things are going on. It's true. You're not paranoid, but even if you are, you aren't in this respect. Things really are topsy-turvy.

Here are my suggestions for how to cope:

1. When people get pissed off at you, or you at them, smile about it. That's the **** rolling downhill. You're moving uphill.

2. Take a walk in nature every day for as long as you can. Even if you hate nature, do it. Let yourself really feel Mother Earth's vibrations.

3. When your favorite tv show comes on, turn off the tv. Now leave it off forever.

4. As you go about your business all day, listen to people. Listen to what they're saying. Listen to all of them. You will notice things eventually. Come back and chat when you realize what those things are.

5. Keep smiling. We'll be in a really good place before long. Smiling through all this unbelievable crap is your ticket through the door.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

Yes, you are what you are and I am sure, if we were ever to meet, I wouldn't want to know you any other way.

I think if I recognized this happening to me frequently I may be more inclined to brush it under the floorboards. Since it is very new to me and has left me with absolutely no memory of my actions during the missing time, I can't help but to search for a reasonable answer.

Hopefully I will get just that, soon enough.

I have visited a lifelong friend who happens to be a family physician now. First meeting was casual chit-chat over a drink, where I asked his opinion. He couldn't give me a definite or a plausible explanation for my particular case. He did offer reassurance that I am not alone, saying there are others who report this stuff all the time and they usually all have differing causes.

I went by his office on Monday and will tell how that went when I talk to him again this coming Monday. I want to wait until the test results are back... just basic work-up, blood work, urine sample, common physical (with-out the infamous trick play, known by many as - 'The Knicker Drop & Cough')

reply to post by CosmicEgg

Thanks for your comment!

Good motivation points there. I am sure they will help some out there who read and understand them.

I used to get terrible road rage, but one day I had enough. Instead of being more aggressive I started treating the bad drivers as if they are children and are not yet smart enough to know how to drive properly.

Instead of cussing at them and flipping the foul, I give them a smile, a 'Well, bless your little heart' and a thumbs-up.

Make me feel better for some reason... maybe it makes me feel like I am above them or I use it as confirmation that I am a better driver... whatever it does to me, I definitely like it better than fuming of a moronic stranger or knowing my retaliation made me look like the exact same type of moron I think they are...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Thank you for your post as it has reminded me that I need to look more into time slips. My friend was reported dead, by his family, and by his "team" (group of therapists he was involved with at the rehab center I met him at). Anyways, two years after he was confirmed dead by multiple people (that did not maintain contact, meaning they didn't just BS it), he is alive.
The only people that remember him being dead are:
-The people originally told
-People we have told

His family, friends from home, etc have never heard of him dying at all.
Anyways, I'll post more about this in a later thread with details, but thanks for your post!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
OK ATS and those who may be following this thread, I just got some information from the Doctor.

It was pretty cut and dry. Nothing out of the ordinary; slightly elevated cholesterol, normal blood pressure & heart rate, no bad combinations of drugs or other foreign chemicals in my urine. Really, everything was the same as when I was 18-19 y.o.

He asked if I had anymore incidents and I told him no, which is true - I think.

He said he was really stumped, but couldn't rule out the possibility of some sort of mental issue. He explained that in the event it is determined to be a mental issue, not to worry - it doesn't mean I am crazy or anything. He said that a large majority of the population have un-diagnosed mental health issues, some serious and others not so serious.

Sometimes, at some point in a person's life they will experience a sort of odd mental episode. Something they never had before and never experienced again. Other times these episodes begin and signal a change in mental &/or physical health.

I am scheduled to see a psychiatrist this coming Monday. I will continue to update this thread with what I find... Maybe we can use what I learn as a tool to help others understand what may be happening with them when they experience these episodes of missing time or 'mis-remembered' memories.

I feel the same as I always have, except for the stress of not knowing why this happened to me and when it may happen again. I would sure hate to check out for a couple hours while I am doing something dangerous to me or others... not sure I could wrap my head around accidentally hurting myself or someone else with have no-recollection of the accident!

Also, I hope you guys understand that I am not crazy in the head, well no more crazy that you are! Really though, I did struggle with the thought of how you guys on ATS may see me when I say my issue could be a mental problem. I do like ATS & the members here and don't want any of you to think I am bat-splat nuts. So, please respect that it took some extra courage on my part to continue the thread (even though it is not groundbreaking or a realy popular thread)

reply to post by Ghostx

That's wild! It may be explainable in some fashion without such a great mystery surrounding it, after the facts of how this information spread. Regardless of being explained away or not, the experience you describe would be pretty creepy!

I suppose, based on his local popularity, a small rumour could have spread about it death, through the gossip channels.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I don't think you are crazy. In fact your personal experiences are not that uncommon but most people just sluff it off and lack of attention. I have both lost and gained time on the same stretch of road.

Jenny Randals explored this phenom in her book "Time Storms" Might be out of print.

www.amazon.com...

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Thanks for the post and links. I will check the book out and see if anything rings a bell, as far as my situation goes... either way, I am sure the book will be interesting.

Funny how things that are slightly interesting become very interesting after you've had an experience and can identify with what the person's trying to explain.

I am still in awe of how real it is. Before this, I always questioned how real the experience was for others and how much they are embelleshing to sell the story. I now know, if the person did experience an episode and didn't fabricate the entire story, the episodes are so very seamless that it is impossible to distinguish from when the time stopped and when it started back up again.

It is a seamless transfer from one moment to the next. Literally feels like one morning you open a can soda and the very next moment, when you should be taking a sip, you are watching the afternoon Sunset - no recollection what-so-ever of the time between the top pop and the sunset...

Even though I had this experience, I do still find it kinda hard to believe. I guess that's because I am having trouble understanding what took place...

If I have no update between now and next Tuesday (day after head doc appt.) you may not see me post here, unless someone else posts and I am replying. Just throwing that out there for anyone who reads this... I am not abandoning the thread, just letting the process play out and updating as I can.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
OK ATS, here is an update of what's been going on. Sorry it has taken longer than I expected and the complete results are not yet available.

I met with a psychiatrist and they talked to me for a while. After the meeting, I went home and waited to hear more from my primary Doc.

When we next spoke he gave me an idea of what could be happening with me and probably in many others.

Initially the Doc and the Psych were leaning toward adult onset disassociative dis-order (the first signs of a psyche split and eventual development of multiple personalities)

It hadn't crossed my mind and my Dr. friend did want to alarm me that he was suspicious of this possibility.

After he and the Psychiatrist talked, they determined that this is not a possibility, due to several other factors - of which none were explained in detail to me.

It seems there are periods of missing time for individuals who are in the early stages of multiple personality disorder.

They mentioned these events could be triggered by stress related to work, finance, or social stability. Personally, I do not believe I have an issue with any of those issues, but would I be able to see the issues? According to the Dr., yes and no - depending on how they relate to my reality on a point-to-point basis.

There were no anomalies found in my blood or urine and, as a result, no indicators that my physical health may have worked in tandem with my consciousness to create the episode/s.

The psyche Dr reccomended medication, but felt it was not absolutely neccassary. The medication suggested was Xanax, a powerful nerve medication. I turned down the prescription treatment. I would rather search for real answers, instead of slapping an addictive band-aid over the problem and hoping it goes away on it's own.

No direct source has been revealed through the first few attempts, but I am gonna keep looking. I asked the Doc what the next step should be. He reccomended acupuncture, a masseuse, and/or chiropractic treatments while also exploring less common routes.

He also reccomended a hypnotist to me and suggessted I take it seriously and consider making a visit. Apparently hypnotism can be a very effective form of treatment, depending on the type of case involved.

So I am going to be hypnotized... maybe I can get hooked up like the guy from 'Office Space'!

Also, the psychiatrist asked me how often this occurrs and seemed let-down when I told him it is rare. He wanted to do an in-patient monitoring/experiment on me to see what happens, physilogically during one of these episodes.

My primary Doc also said I should consider it, if no other answers can be found between now and later on some time. He noted that it wouldn't hurt to try it out maybe we'd get lucky and I'd lose some time.

I will keep moving forward with this, until options are exhausted or a credible, plausible answer can be revealed... I just hope I don't start losing long periods of time... wake up and I'm 80 years old...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Esteay812:

Thank you for sharing your experiences. My humble opinion is that like many of us you are merely more perceptive than most. What you experienced may be the result of that heightened perception. There is much to learn, and we have only scratched the surface in comprehending the true nature of reality. As always, we must search for answers from both without and within, and build upon the knowledge, (and lack thereof), of those who came before.

I agree with your decision to avoid drugs, as they will only inhibit your search for answers.

I would suggest meditation-Yoga or whatever flavor you choose, continued research, and communication with those of like mind.

The quest to understand time is tantamount to pondering reality and the meaning of life itself, and is perhaps a good first step in that regard. Consider yourself fortunate to be one who dares ask his own questions, and seeks to understand, not merely exist.

Curiosity is its own reward.

While reading your thread, I followed a link graciously provided by RationalDespair to Tertium Organum, it looks like worthwhile reading, and, appears to open a few doorways. I look forward to studying it when time allows. (My thanks to RationalDespair for the cite).

On a lighter note, your thread for some reason reminds me of a short story I discovered many years ago on ATS, entitled “Interview with an Alchemist”. There is no real connection to the subject matter, other than the search for knowledge, but, I think you might enjoy it.

I would also like to express my appreciation to the ATS staff and all well meaning members. In a world that seems to grow more complex and confusing by the minute, ATS provides a refuge to share experiences, thoughts and opinions, search for answers, and, sort it all out, the value of which cannot be overestimated.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Am posting this in a bit of a rush, just watching pulp fiction for the zillionth time and the scene where Vincent and Mia are dancing totally jarred for me and my Mrs. The music is wrong. But for the life of me I can't remember the tune it should be.
I am, however totally sure that it was not the song being played on every version I can find.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Wow. I never would have gone to a shrink, but it sounds like it went OK. Until those nice young men in their clean white coats come by for a visit.

I have had a few episodes in my youth, around ages 9 to 11, that taught me that future events occur before you experience them.

The posts had me remembering how I experienced time as a kid, like the endless summers, or seemingly endless time spent in the classroom, etc. But then there were things like the time I was building a go cart and I had a hammer in my hand working on it when I actually saw myself, with hammer in hand, walking toward the garage. I saw this for about 3 seconds before it vanished.

At that time in my life, I was having a lot of "second sight" types things going on, so when I saw this vision, I got angry and told myself there was no way I was going to do what I had just saw myself doing. Well, I blew it off and as I tinkered around with my project for maybe a minute or two, I found I needed another tool. So without even thinking about it I walked over with my arms swinging and everything, just like I saw it, and had the "real" experience of what I saw myself do a few minutes earlier. The moment I realized I had just done what I swore I was not going to do, was the same moment my vision had disappeared. I stood there in shock for a while and have never forgotten that. It was only later in high school that I learned about time theory and the different analogies of four dimensional space, something I had already known from experience years before in some "visions" among other things.

The weirdness persisted until about the time I turned 20.

I had some couch time back then, but I never told the Doc any of that stuff, I was seeing him because of family problems and how I was bullied in school.
edit on 19-9-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join