It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time-Slips & Contradicting News Reports are Melting Reality All Around Me

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Lol a couple months ago, maybe july, i caught myself writing a date from march....ooops. :p

Prove the future doesnt exist. You cant prove a negative sooo......it could!

The past exists. No one remembers the pyramids being built, but theyre there...they mustve been built...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies to the thread!

I haven't had a chance to read them all just yet, I've been busy today, but wanted to post here and let you know I have not bailed out on you all and will be responding shortly.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'll pass on first 2 story, but on 3rd, yes, time somehow fly fast.

Happen almost daily with me. Sent wife and kids to work 7.30, back to computer - 7.40ish, suddenly next glance to TV n clock.... 11.45!

Where my 4 hours gone ? Should be max 2 hours and yet.....do I stuck on ATS THAT long ?
It even worse if I'm coding something, 6 hours gone just like that.

Do time accelerate in parallel to age ?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Quick update, then I will answer previous posts below:

After talking to a friend last night we decided to meet up for a couple beers at the local bar today. I have known this guy for a very long time and he is a family physician in my community. I told him about what was going on (I considered not talking about it to my friend, kind of worried he might think I am going crazy).

He surprised me by telling me that reports like this are not extremely rare. Sometimes people make them up for attention, some people are using drugs, others are stress related, and even more are anomalies that occur only 1 time in a person’s life.

I was glad to hear it isn’t incredibly rare and there could be a logical explanation. I am going back to his office on Monday and he is going to check out my physical health, but he warned me that the best answers may come from a psychiatrist, if my physical health doesn’t answer it.

I left our conversation feeling good that I will probably get a satisfactory answer at some point soon. I’ll keep this thread updated when I learn more from the Drs.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Hello Sublimecraft! Thanks for the interest in my thread here.

This type of experience is something I had heard about on several occasions over the years, but I was never convinced that it all went down just as the story-teller reports. I assumed it was over embellishment in order captivate the reader. It is not like that, the experiences are impossible to differentiate from reality.

There are no clues to help me remember what I was doing during the missing time. Maybe I had been accidentally exposed to a chemical that caused me to completely block out the time period in question. Surely there would be a clue or two that would point to that being the catalyst for blacking out.

If I did lose memory of time because chemicals effected me that way, wouldn't there be clues? Shouldn’t the other people around me at the time have similar experiences? I think I would see, hear, or smell something that would spark memories of what happened. It seems there should be some vague recollection from the beginning or the end of the experience, but there is nothing. 1 minute I am on the phone, the next minute it is 3hrs+ later.

Still trying to understand it and working on a way to monitor myself, in the event another episode happens

reply to post by SilverStarGazer

Hi SSG!

I didn’t realize there are many different seizures until a couple years ago… I went to a potential job-site to give an estimate. I talked with the contractor and home owner for a few minutes. The home owner stepped away for a few moments and the contractor commented to me about how weird the guy was.

He was right, the guy was very strange, very spastic. He acted as if he knew everything about our jobs, but it was clear he didn’t.

(side note;

I hate working on jobs where the client hangs around, watching everything you do and tries to order you around and do things the way they want… Don’t get me wrong, I always give clients what they want as-far-as the type of material or designs we use, but I rarely ever change the process we use or the way we work to suit what the client has heard about from someone else or the internet…)

The home owner returned and the 3 of us walked across a vacant lot to look at a creek behind his house. About half-way across the lot, the home owner fell over and started seizing on us. It lasted several minutes and was pretty scary to see, especially not knowing the guy’s medical status.

An ambulance came and took him away. A few days later I visited the man again and he told me what the Drs. Diagnosed, since he has no history of epilepsy or seizures. Apparently he experienced ‘pseudo-seizures’. Seizures that are not real, in the sense of other seizures that result from another medical issue.

They are brought on by the patient themselves. I am confused on whether it is something they voluntarily do, or is it is their subconscious that initiates the seizure… very strange stuff.

As far as your vision questions:

Yes, I have vision issues and have since childhood. I have migraines too. I always know when I am about to have a migraine, because I get a percentage of my vision blocked by something that looks like a rectangular shaped kaleidoscope of light that starts on the right side and eventually makes it’s way across my vision. As soon as it disappears, the migraine kicks in full power and goes for a few days.

Also, I have poor vision… my left eye is much worse than my right eye… I can’t see distant objects well and also have astigmatism.

It’s also strange you mention auras too. I see them, but not in the mystical capacity so many other people claim. They are different shades, but generally a vanilla looking color. The area just around the object or person’s head and upper torso. I have seen very light green, light blue, vanilla, rose, and a purple looking color.

Seeing these things also tells me I am in danger of having a migraine, because sometimes after seeing them I will begin seeing the blind spot that looks like a kaleidoscope of color. The best way to describe the way the auras look would be to look at a light for a few seconds, then look away. You will see the ’ghost’ image burned into line of sight for a few minutes.

If you look at the light bulb for a few seconds, then turn to look at another light bulb. The 2nd bulb should be the same shape, but much smaller. This makes the outline of the first bulb to show like an aura around the second, smaller bulb.

That’s pretty much what they look like, except with slight color shades. I never considered them to be anything more than something related to my poor vision and head aches…

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 522777555

I am not so much a religious person, but I am spiritual and I believe in a higher power of some sort - though no idea of how to define it.

I mention that because you reminded me of something I remember from the bible, but I don’t want to give anyone the impression I am a bible-thumping fanatic.

I am referring to an excerpt that says something like this, but I don’t remember the book, chapter, or verse:

Who is it that, through worrying, can add even a single hour to their life? No one.… working for material luxuries without belief and faith in God will often result in failure and depression. Seek the Kingdom of Heaven and you will be provided for. You will not starve, lack shelter, or be without love, just like God’s wild animals in nature.

That is not the exact wording, but it is similar to that, if I recall correctly.

reply to post by AfterInfinity

Ha-ha, nice reply AfterInfinity!

I understand what you mean. I don’t think that is the case with me. Then again, I can’t rule it out, because I have no solid explanation of what happened with me.

I know there are folks out there who speculate on things like this and other people who claim they have experienced it and attribute the episode to something clandestine.

If that is what’s going on with me I sure do wish they would let me keep my memories! Don’t they know my life is boring and I need a little excitement? They’d probably just show me the giant probe they used to harvest internal biological samples or show me the sex-tape I made with the nasty alien that looks like Chewbacca and Yoda’s daughter…. I’d be the one for that, while everyone else are hooked up with the beautiful blonde aliens…

reply to post by NullVoid

I hate when I get busy with something and lose time. ATS does it sometimes. I remember when I first got the internet, or a Nintendo from childhood. I would play on those things and what seemed like an hour would be 3-4!

Crazy, but I think that happens to everyone from time to time.

The difference between your example and the events I am puzzling over is the awareness aspect of the two.

In your example, though time passed and tricked you, you could at least identify with what you were doing and why the time slipped away. Me, I can’t recall anything I was doing for the missing time. Hopefully I’ll figure it out soon enough.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Also, I would like to ask all of you have experienced something you found strange that happened to you or a friend. Maybe something you never figured out or maybe something you thought about sharing here, but felt it didn't warrant it's own thread for whatever reason.

I think it would be great to hear them, because it might help me understand the events better and may even reveal some links or clues that may identify what triggered these events for me.

If nothing else, I'd like to hear your experience for entertainment value, but I know your experiences will offer more than simple entertainment.

Please, think about it and then tell us your story.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I'm looking forward to the movie "Loopers". I just saw an ad for it for the first time today. Have you heard of it yet?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elfie

I have heard of it, but I wasn't really paying attention to it. It was a preview playing in the background and when they said the title name, 'Looper', it caught my attention. That's because several years ago there was a murder case near where I live that involved 2 men battling each other in a political campaign.

I think it was the guy named Byron 'Low-Tax' Looper, fearful of losing the campaign, who murdered the guy he was running against.

It may have been Looper who was murdered, I can't remember exactly, but I think Looper was the trigger man...

Anyway, that's why I remember the name of the movie, but I have no idea what it's about. Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely check it out. I am sure I will like it if it's about mysterious subject matter.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I was gonna suggest that maybe you were thinking about Skylab instead of the ISS or MIR. I couldn't remember hearing about it crashing to the ground ever and thought that maybe it was mothballed, but still up there somewhere. The wiki says that it reentered the atmosphere right around when I was born. I could have sworn I'd heard people talking about it in the news and stuff when I was a child.

They probably did talk about it when MIR and later the ISS was made and I just assumed it was still up there somewhere. Almost certainly not some sort of strange phenomenon.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by elfie

I have heard of it, but I wasn't really paying attention to it. It was a preview playing in the background and when they said the title name, 'Looper', it caught my attention. That's because several years ago there was a murder case near where I live that involved 2 men battling each other in a political campaign.

I think it was the guy named Byron 'Low-Tax' Looper, fearful of losing the campaign, who murdered the guy he was running against.

It may have been Looper who was murdered, I can't remember exactly, but I think Looper was the trigger man...

Anyway, that's why I remember the name of the movie, but I have no idea what it's about. Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely check it out. I am sure I will like it if it's about mysterious subject matter.

You're right, the title is, "Looper". Interesting connection there. I went to imdb after my comment to find out more about it after mentioning it here (which would have been more helpful beforehand, I admit). It's billed as a futuristic film noir. I do hope to see it on first run.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm having stuff like this happen lately. Just this past Thursday morning I woke up twice at exactly 5.10am. I don't know how it was 5.10 both times, but it most definitely was. I can't just open my eyes and look at a clock. I don't like clocks so I don't have many around. I had to get my cell phone and check. I thought it was just not changing the time since the previous time check so I waited. I felt as though I hadn't been able to fall back to sleep from the first wake-up at...5.10, but when the clock on the phone changed to 5.11, I had to admit that something freaky was happening.

I'm one of those rare people who wakes up in a fully wakened state. There's no groggy, confused state where I stumble around unable to rouse myself completely. Lately, for whatever reason, I've been waking up twice: Once around 3am and again at about 5.30 or maybe 6, if I'm lucky. And whatever the time, I wake up fully awake. There's simply no mistaking the 5.10 read-out on the phone. It was 5.10am twice.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Below are a couple replies to posts, but before them I want to give a smal update:

Those of you who may be following this thread to see what the Dr. says to me on Monday, I am not abandoning the thread. I just don't have a lot to add until I learn what the Dr. says, unless another event happens between now and Monday. I will update the thread immediately if something new and strange does happen.

reply to post by CosmicEgg

That is pretty wild!

I am a person who believes there are tons of things we do not know about sleep and what it means to us, dreams and internal alarm clocks, symbolism, emotional change, etc.

You can search around and in no time at all you will find people talking about the 11:11 phenomena. Some of the stories are definitely strange and even creepy, but many of them can be written off as pure coincidence and synchronicity with our internal clocks.

I rarely see the 11:11, but I do frequently see a certain time on a clock when I check them. It seems that the majority of times I check my clocks they are showing the time of 12:34. I have looked at the clock and saw 12:34 for only a split second before it ticked up a minute.

I am sure we look at clocks more than we think, well... the average person probably does anyway. It could be that we notice 11:11 or 12:34 because we recognize the number pattern much better than we do other random times, like 2.17 or 3:15. It does seem like I only check the clock a couple times a day and the majority of time it is 12:34...

There is something else strange I have been noticing lately. I can think of an old movie from my childhood, one I haven't thought of in many years and have not seen it on cable in years either. Within just a few days after thinking about the movie, it will be playing on cable, or scheduled to play in a few days.

I thought that is really wierd too... but it could be like cars. I never notice any certain car in particular, then after I buy a new one, or my friends or family members get a new one, I see them everywhere. I think this happens to most everyone in this circumstance and is probably rooted in our awareness.

But it isn't like seeing cars. I have checked TV scheduling before, after I noticed this event happen. The movie was not scheduled for weeks or months prior to being reminded of it, but after thinking about it the movie appears on TV.... strange for sure...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND ! I was having a conversation with my brother the other day about this as he is the only one in my circle of family and friends who gets what I'm talking about or is even willing to discuss it with me without getting angry. I was telling him that I feel like the speed of time increases with the amount of time that has passed during a persons life, and that the more time passes the faster it goes. He agreed and said that he can't get half the work done in one day that he could five years ago. His physical/mental health is tip top and he has more advanced equipment to work with so he should be getting more work completed but he isn't. I can't find any other explanation except the personal perception angle, either. It is maddening at times! I truly love life and need to be around for a while for the sake of family, but I truly look forward to the time when I can get answers unavailable to those bound by the flesh.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I have had 12.34 for as long as I can remember. I recall a time about 30 years ago when I saw it continuously. Mind you, we didn't have the ubiquitous digital readouts we have now and I can't wear watches, so when I say it was everywhere, it goes beyond any normal scale. When I look back on that time, what was going on then was when I stepped onto the road my life has taken to where I am now. If I had not seen that 12.34, if it had been some other number, my life would be something else entirely. I still see 12.34 a lot but 12.37 shows frequently too, as does 11.11, both of which have figured largely for the past three years or so. I figure 12.37 means that I'm close to the right path but deviating slightly. 11.11 means that there's something starting up here.

Don't listen to people who say it's just some random thing and you're only attaching importance to it because blah blah blah. There is meaning. The world is absolutely brimming with signs and signals and messages, if you only open your awareness to them. You can be skeptical, that's fine. But be aware. Deniers are simply afraid. There is not one thing in the world to fear. Believe that.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bangoli

Hi bangoli!

I have heard the explanation used to ccount for time perception as we get older; the assertion that as we age, the amount of time we have lived skews our relative perception of the length of time that passes - in secondary school, our summers seemed like they asted for quite sometime. Compared to the same time frame in adulthood, as each successive year comes and goes, where each summer seems shorter and shorter.

It seems like a good explanation, but there is just something about the speed of time accelerating that doesn't seem like a simple change in perception as we grow older. It almost seems like it moves too fast to be explained that way. Just a couple days ago was the last day of summer in the USA... it seem like only a couple weeks ago that I was opening the pool, now I am already closing it.

It would be nice if there was another explanation that reveals a more convincing reason for the time experience changes.

Maybe it has something to do with repetitive actions. When we were younger there was not a repetitive schedule we had to adhere to. We would go to school, sometimes changing classes after the 1 semester. We had holiday breaks, where we didn't always have a definite plan. There were always different, spontaneous things to do during the summer break.

Maybe time seemed to pass slower to allow a better focus and understanding. We had to learn many new things, increased focus and understanding abilities would definitely help in the development of our intelligence.

As we get older and enter the work force, our lives became more structured. After training for our career and learning everything we need to complete our daily life, time may seem to speed up to make the monotonous daily tasks more bareable. Not realizing how fast time is passing until we have a moment to reflect on where the time has gone.

It could be a instinctual mechanism to preserve our sanity and will power. It's complete speculation on my part, but may be a plausible answer to account for the perceived increase in the speed of time.

reply to post by CosmicEgg

Thanks for the post!

I didn't realize that 12.34 had been another time continually seen by others.

Funny you mentioned 12.37. one of the strangest events from my school days took place in my 7th grade math class.

I played little league football and my number was 37. Like many athletes, I took pride in that number, as well as numbers that I wore later in my playing days. The most significant number I had was 81, I wore it for 8 years.

My 7th grade math teacher would often play a game with the entire class. The object of the game was to guess a 3 digit number the teacher had previously written down. Each student would guess and if a number was in the correct order, it would be placed on the chalk-board, with the empty spaces left open.

One day it was my turn to be the first guesser. I thought about what number I would choose and selected 37 as the final two. I thought for another moment and decided I would pick 237. No reasoning behind selecting the 2, other than it came before 3.

As you have guessed by now, the number was 237. The teacher was a bit shocked that it was picked on the first try. She said it was her favorite verse in the bible, though I can't remember the book it came from.

I know it's not 12.37, but still strange.

I believe there is definitely more to the construct of our reality than that of what we see on the face. It may even be built on mathematic and fractals, where we can tap into simply because we are connected to the universe by our existence.

Some people see shapes or colors when they think of numbers and are usually on the order of genius intellect. Others literally see geometric measurements overlaid on the visual landscape all around them.

There are other interesting abilities some people possess and it could be a key to our mind's process and the nature of what our reality is made up of. Maybe we can someday understand these incredible gifts and understand the reality we exist in.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Is it or is it not Odd, how different people can possibly remember an experience Seperately yet share it? Does, it not seem that In each mind a thought, memory, or emotion, can be stored, remembered, or felt in a different way. I for one know that I was once told, and still remember a saying that goes something along the lines of, "There are three sides to each story. What he said, what she said, and what truly happened." In my own personal opinion, I for one believe this is not entirely true. In each situation, there is no one Truth, only the most commonly agreed upon reality. Now, I certainly cannot speak for others, but I for one Know I still believe in it. Just as I always have and will continue to believe. With that said, I personally have my own business to take care of. Thank you for reading my words or If you have not then I am sorry. Either way it is just nice to vent a little.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 522777555

More than being odd, I think it shows how information is stored in memory, based possibly on each individual's personality.

On a different note, like many people, I have wondered if people believe things based on the description of others.

I mean; from birth we learned about shapes, names, and colors. While shapes and names can be accepted as accurate descriptions. I think color description is interesting.

Since birth we have been told that a stop light is red. We all agree on it being red, but someone looking through the eyes of someone else would discover that a stop light color is not what they have been taught as red.

The vision through someone else's eyes may reveal the stop light appears to be what they know as brown, even though both people call a stop light red. What one person sees as the color red may be seen as a different color when they look through someone else's eyes, but both people call the color red.

Sorry I can't describe what I mean better, but hopefully you understand. It would be wild to discover that as true. What if people with different colored eyes see different colors for common objects than people with the same color eyes...

Probably not the case, but interesting mystery.

Another riddle; how do we know we have really experienced what we call the past? How do we know that every memory and experience we have ever had was not just now downloaded into our mind.

How do we know that this instant is when we came into existence and every memory we have ever had up to this point was not put in place, giving us the belief we have a real past, when we have only been conscious for a few seconds?

Every time you think about this could be the very first moment of your consciousness, with everything else being false, implanted memories.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Can't say for certain if it is ATS as it happens at home and sometimes I am on ATS at work...(lunch of course).

But I miss some times couple hours whenever I am on my computer more lately I have noticed it. But just figured I was zoning out or having fun or something...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

This sort of thing happens to me ALL the time...and I really mean all the time

I've found it easier to just convince myself that I just wasn't paying close enough attention to my surroundings, rather than driving myself crazy trying to figure out what in the h*ll is going on in the world. But there is always that lingering, nagging doubt in the back of my mind that freaky things are going on.

Does that make me paranoid? Probably, but I am what am.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join