It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time-Slips & Contradicting News Reports are Melting Reality All Around Me

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
(please excuse any errors in how the text is presented, I do think it's fixed though)

Every once in a while we are presented threads authored by people who experienced, or know someone else who experienced Time-Slips, Time Dilation, and celebrities reported dead, but later found to be still alive.

I enjoy these stories for the fantasy/anything's possible aspect they bring.

Although I've experienced incredibly strange and rare aspects of our reality (Lucid Dreaming & Out-of-Body-Experience aka OBE), I never experienced events of time-slips or people reported as previously dead, but later found to be alive and in good health.

I have wondered how real the events seem to those who experience them. Are the experiences so real that they are indistinguishable from everyday reality, or are the experiences so foreign that we assign the wrong emotions to cope with the mystery, creating further confusion?

I am not sure what these events are called, other than hallucinations. Surely, with all the people who experience these events, there is a medical term.

I've had recent first-hand experiences that have left me feeling reality is melting all around me! I am not crazy (At least I think I'm not), I'm just trying to explain/rationalize what's been happening to my world.

Check out the description of the events happening around me. Let me know if you have any idea why or how these things are happening or if you have similar stories, please share them.

Maybe they have been happening all around me, but I am just now noticing them?

Several days ago I was headed to a job-site for routine inspection. I always stop at a tobacco shop on the way out, where I pick up a few lottery tickets (I know, it's a tax on the dumb people, so it fits me well).

The store rarely has more than a few customers at any given time, this day was no exception, as there was no one ahead of me. I asked the clerk for a few tickets, paid for them, and left.

As I was paying, I saw a silver car pull in, a lady got out and headed for the front door.

When I was a couple steps from the exit, the door opened and the lady entered. She made it inside, where I could hear her ask for a 'Powerball' ticket and a couple scratch-offs. She was still asking for a few more tickets when the door closed and I couldn’t hear her anymore.

As I sat down in my truck, I noticed the car next to me start up. A reflex I suppose, I glanced over and saw the lady who just went into the store, in her car, backing up to leave.

You may think, 'She was a regular, the guy knew what she wanted, she had the money out and she was parked closer to her car than I was.'

I parked 3 spots closer to the entrance & she never walked by me. Furthermore, she had enough time to get in her car, start the engine, put it in reverse, and began to pull out - all before I had even put my seatbelt on or started my engine.

Next, I thought it must be a different lady. Maybe it was a lady who dropped someone off and was simply leaving. I waited for a few seconds to see if anyone came out. When no one emerged, I decided to go back in and, at the risk of looking insane, ask the clerk what just happened.

I asked him if anyone else came in after me. He said the lady that just left was the only person. He thought I lost something and was asking if anyone may have came in and picked it up.

I went a little further and asked if she bought anything. I wouldn't ask that and I am sure he wouldn't have answered if I weren't familiar, but I am a familiar regular, so he said, 'Yes, she got some lottery tickets and a carton of smokes'

I thought about asking how she paid, card or cash, but that would be going too far, in my opinion.

I kind of brushed it off and chalked it up to not paying attention or something like that - although I know what I saw... from the time I left the store, she managed to enter through the front door, walk to the register, order lottery tickets, buy a carton of cigs, get her change, walk out the front entrance and passed me, get into her car, fasten safety belt, start engine, put it in reverse, and begin backing up, a before I could get my car going.

I am still puzzled, but I will keep thinking about it and try to figure it out.

Another strange event that happened is a about news report that I heard a year or more back. In fact, ATS came to mind as I was listening to the talk radio news in my truck. I remember a discussion about the ISS and it being decommissioned.

First I thought I was confusing myself with the satellite that fell from it's orbit and crashed into the ocean, but I had a gut feeling it was the ISS. I was sure of this because I remember the discussions about MIR being crashed from Orbit and the ISS prepared to do the same.

I thought maybe it was an announcement that ISS would be retired in the coming years, but I distinctly remember the conversation about salvage crews being positioned in areas where the ISS was expected to impact Earth or oceans. I also remember a report about how much more visible the ISS will be than the satellite that was earlier terminated.

So I remember the ISS was reported to crash, but it is really still up there.

The next crazy incident relates to work. Every morning I send crews of workers out to different jobsites.

I had one crew of 3 workers headed to a jobsite, but they needed to stop and pick up some materials from a paint & woodworking store. The store is located no less than 45minutes away on a good day with no traffic and no stop lights.

Everyone was out, except the crew that had to pick up the items, because I needed to be sure they had the right materials. They hit the road at 8.30a.

Back in the office, I realized the guys didn't stock any drum & edger sand paper on the van. That particular van is used as a polyurethane/finishing van, so there is rarely any rough or fine sandpaper.

The guys had not been gone longer than 10-15 minutes when I called, but no one answered. I called the paint store to let them know I had a crew heading their way and they need to stock some sand paper.

I was surprised when the paint store guy told me my workers had already picked up the order and left the store about 10 minutes before.

I thought for sure the guy was confusing me with someone else. After telling the guy who I am and describing my workers, he said he knows who I am and he was talking about the right guys.

I was frustrated, because I had to make the trip and I didn't really have time (it was cutting into my ATS time!). I went to the front desk and told the office girl I was heading out. She asked what I was getting for lunch and asked if I could get her something too. I thought it was odd, her asking for lunch so early.

When I got in my SUV, I noticed the time for the first time... it was 11.45a! 3h15m after sending the last crew out at 8.30a!

It is driving me mad. My perception was sending the guys out, calling the crew and then the paint store 15-20mins later @ 8.45a - 8.50a. I walked directly from my office to the front desk and then to my truck. I went nowhere else and talked to no one else.

Secretary says she saw me in the office after the morning meeting, but not since then, assuming I was making calls or something.

Maybe I am just over-worked and need a break. I do have to say, events like those above can really make you question things!

Anyone else experienced anything similar?
edit on 20-9-2012 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
ATS time slip? It happens to me all the time! I swear I go to bed at a decent time, the wife says otherwise...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You zone out.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Haha, yeah, I hope that's what it is!

Can be a frightening thing to realize, missing a substantial period of time, not realizing it at all, and having no clue where it went or what you were doing during the missing time.

I guess drunk-dialing has evolved into sober-dialing. Maybe I should call everyone I know and ask if I made any strange calls to them or I could check my call log to see what I was up to

I don't think I called anyone at all, but then again, I can't remember anything about the missing time at all.

It reminds me of seeing the videos of people sleep-walking after taking Ambien, I think it's Ambien... Waking up in the morning to find the kitchen torn to shreds, the cabinets bare, and food scattered in a trail leading back to the bedroom - where an empty gallon of chocolate ice-cream is 3/4 empty and 1/4 melted all over the bed.

That stuff is crazy, it would only take 1 time seeing my out of control actions, as a side effect of Ambien, before I stopped taking it and threw it away (I don't take Ambien now, nor have I ever - just reminded me of some stories reported)

ATS Time-Slip... sleeptyping on ATS... creating threads while zombified.... maybe some of the best threads come from members who are having a black-out/Ambien Amnesia episode - (Ambienesia)

It's probably how Phage gets great explanations so quick,

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

Everyone zones out don't they? Like daydreams or losing train of thought at times? They can identify with the daydream or losing thought pattern, but I think the complete inability to recollect the time spent day-dreaming or zoned out is not common.

I've zoned out before and have daydreamed often as well... However, I recall when that happens and I can imediately tell when I have zoned out or went into 'blank-mode'

I have never ever experienced missing time on the order of a few hours with absolutely no recollection of events that occurred during my 'hard'fault' episodes.

I imagine that I would have probably identified this before now, had it been happening for years or even months. If I hadn't identified this by now, I woud like to think those people closest to me would have mentioned something about it or the way my personality changes, things I say, or the things I do that are out of character.

Maybe I do not leave my normal personality, but simply can't remember the time period during an episode.

Also, I don't mean to imply that it is happening all the time now, there have only been a small handful of experiences - it's scary and only one episode can frighten or stress me out.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

You're not alone my friend.
It is a touchy subject and one I don't bring up too often, even on here.

See, the problem is, there is really no such thing as time, only YOUR perception of it.
That being the case, EVERYTHING is up for grabs.

Anyone else feel like time is being compressed??
I DO!!
It drives me mad!!!

Since there is no such thing as the future, as it hasn't yet happened, and there is no such thing as the past, only our MEMORY of it then that pretty much leaves us with .....NOW!!!

So, I used to think back on Five years ago and it seemed like.....well............five years ago.
I used to think back to a year ago and it seemed like....a year ago.
I used to think about yesterday and it seemed like 24 hours ago.

NOW????
EVERYTHING seems like yesterday!!!
Before you laugh and chalk it up to "gettin' Older" I can tell you that it is creating friction with friends and family.

"Where you been hiding yourself buddy, what?...you too good to call me anymore???"

"dude, I talk to you all the time"!!

"we haven't talked in six months".

My mom is always getting upset cause I don't call her anymore when, to me, it could swear I just talked to her the other day.

Before you say "well, you know what they say, time flys when yer havin' fun"

Let me tell you, I don't have fun at work.
I get to work, and I no sooner set my # down and grab a cup of coffee, and it's time to go home.
Is "TIME" gett ing compressed??

NO!!!

Remember?
There is no such thing as time.
My MEMORY is getting compressed.
My PERCEPTION of time is getting compressed as a result.

It don't know what's going on but it is really upsetting people around me.
Thanks for bringing up an interesting topic.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yes, sounds more like a black-out then, and more worrying, if you are completely sure that you have no experiences during that time.
I suggest that you rig a way of capturing this. Having a camera that you take with you to your office and your & truck pointed towards you until it happens again.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
To me the first incident sounds simmilar to what one experiences when driving a familiar route or doing repeditive tasks. Your brain gives control of your actions over to a part of itself called the striatum. The striatum's usual task is the formation and recognition of cues and landmarks.

I think the ISS story is just a case of having misheard a news story, as a little over a year ago (July 2011) is when the plan was released regarding the decommission of the ISS in 2020 and its eventual ditching into the ocean.

The final account is interesting to me though. You experienced what would seem to be two distinct time lapses. The first when you called the hardware store; your crew having picked up their supplies an est. 10 min earlier. So you lost about 30-35 minutes there. Then when you left your building you had another loss of about 2h15m. That's pretty crazy back to back like that; especially considering the length of the secound time loss.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Hi Screwed, Thanks for replying!

I follow what you are saying. I have always felt the description of time as we know it is flawed. It doesn't make sense to me, but I am not expert. I think there is a lot left to discover about the true nature of time and the way we experience it.

Some people will tell you that perception of time changes as you get older, because you have a longer history to compare it to, making what was 1 year when you were a child seem like it was much longer as an adult. I believe that to a point, but I think there are other factors that cause each of us to experience perceived time in many different ways, relative to each individual.

reply to post by Consequence

It reminds me of how drunks describe blacking out, sorta. The difference being that 3rd party perception is usually available and can answer what the person did while blacked out. I would sure like to know what I was doing with that time, I bet it may be shocking.

I do have the ability to monitor things with video surveillance and I think that is just what I'll do. If something like this happens again, maybe I will have some evidence to look at and maybe understand what's going on a bit more. I also plan on visiting the Dr. to see what they think - I am just worried they wi get the wrong idea and try to commit me

Maybe that should be funny, since it is probaby true, depending on which Dr. I visit. I have an old friend who is now a family physician, I'll talk with him to get a better idea of what could be happening and what to expect as response by other Drs. when they hear my description.

reply to post by Josephus

Hi Josephus!

Thats as plausible as anything else I have thought of or heard. I do not think the tobacco store incident can be explained that way, since it is something I noticed from the moment she got out of her car. Surely the shop owner could tell if I stood in the store for 3-4 minutes before leaving, or if I sat outside for any length of time.

I am not sure what happened there, but I am sure that there was no time lapse from when I noticed the ady get out of the car until she was backing out moments later. I mean, there is no period of time that I know of where I wasn't fully aware of the situation. She walked in, I walked out, before I could get situated in my truck, she was pulling out already - no pauses anywhere...

Yes, the incident at the shop was very strange. Judging by the time they left the shop until the time the paint store guy said they left would have allowed for a total trave time of 5 minutes to make it to the paint store - that's without spending any time inside the store.

Then the extended period of lost time that followed was very scary and interesting at the same time. I just can't imagine what was going on for the extended period of time where the front desk girl wouldn't need to talk to me... she usually stays in contact throughout the day, 2-3 times per hour. For her to have no clue what I was up to for a few hours is definitely odd.

Hopefully I can get some evidence of this or atleast some sort of explanation that's plausible. If I have any crazy things caught on film, I'll try to share it, if I'm comfortable enough to... might want to blur my face, haha, but knowing me, the interesting part of the video will be my facial expressions.
edit on 21-9-2012 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Wow - that story is eerily similar to this hypothesis of "block universe" or "block time"........

its description of space-time as an unchanging four-dimensional "block", as opposed to the view of the world as a three-dimensional space modulated by the passage of time.

Its linked in the last story on this thread - Jenny Randles does a great job in uncovering a multitude of accounts of time slips and other time paradox's.

Check it out - Eternalism

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Mate, I hope this thread goes all the way - I'm keeping an eye on it like a kid in a candy shop. Reincarnation and the like also is linked somehow to all these time slips and the overall concept of "time".

Cheers for taking the time to tell your story too - I know of friends who swear to death this has happened to them as well.

S&F (earlier on)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I've worked in mental health for a long time and sometimes people with certain kinds of seizures experience this. It's not the kind of shaking fall out kind of seizures... In fact the people around you may not even notice what's happening to you unless you do something really odd like a friend of mine whose wife didn't realize what was happening until he picked up their baby girl and started walking into the street. Have you been seeing auras or noticed anything strange with your vision?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I need not Read your words to know them and Their truth. We have all changed through this ordeal as we will continue to become that which we Should, must, and Will be. I know That I personally have much work a Head of me and I may continue to forget my Lessons. I may not have a way to provide for myself, but I have many that will share any One thing I Desire, or Require. It is with this in mind that I wish you the Best and Hope you feel the same of me. In summation, I appreciate you and all of your hard work. I also wish to Ask you, From whence you Came.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Dr. P.D. Ouspensky explained in a, for me, very simple way, of how he thinks time "works" in his book Tertium Organum.

Basically it comes down to this (my own words, from memory):

Imagine a (one-dimensional) point. If the point were to move it would trace a straight line, since there´s only one direction possible. If the straight line which was traced would moved in a direction perpendicular to the line itself, it would trace a (two dimensional) plane. The plane has a length and width, but no height. Now, there are two dimensional creatures living on this plane. They have no concept of anything other than having two dimensions. For them it impossible to conceive anything three dimensional. Now, what happens when a three dimensional spoked wheel crosses this plane? Imagine the wheel having spokes of different colors and the wheel slowly spins and the spokes cross through the plane one a time. The two dimensional creatures would perceive a colored line somewhere in their view. It would appear and then disappear and then appear again in a different color. By this effect, they would start to perceive time. Things come and go, it takes time for the next color to appear or the current to disappear. They would measure their lives in colors perhaps. They would measure the repetitive sequence of colors and make predictions of the "future". They would have no explanation for this phenomenon, because they cannot see the whole picture (remember, they cannot look up or down, since they have no concept of height).

You can imagine the two dimensional scientist trying to explain the phenomenon. They may come up with theories, religions, etc. If any of those scientists would propose a three dimensional solution, which would be the truth, it would most likely be rejected, since it cannot be perceived. For this very same reason, Ouspensky proposes that our time is nothing more than the movement of a four dimensional object, crossing our three dimensional "plane". So our sense of time is altogether the motion of something we cannot perceive. Past, present and future are one, they all exist simultaneously. The shape of the object causing us to perceive time, may have to do with glitches or slips in our sense of time.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RationalDespair

Thank you for taking the time to articulate that - seems that is a book I would like to read.

Like all things of this nature, I had to read that slowly, and more than once.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I can remember several years back reading the TV listings on a Thursday, and realising I could not remember a damn thing about the previous Wednesday, I used to get periods of intermittent global amnesia, but they stopped long ago, so thinking about a totally lost Wednesday gave me much food for thought, has not happened since, as far as I know!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

My pleasure!

If you'd like to read the book I'd suggest getting a copy in print, but you can also read it online, for free, here:

Tertium Organum in HTML

or a better copy for free download in PDF format here:

Tertium Organum in PDF

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think it is ATS. It's a conspiracy the site uses. When you are on it sometimes time goes by really slowly and sometimes it flies by. I just looked at the clock and lost 2 hours. I would have sworn it was noon but now it is 2:20...

Now it seems like it has slown down. I would have sworn several hours have gone by since I posted this but it has only been an hour...
edit on 21-9-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Call me paranoid, but isn't this how the Greys or the CIA (take your pic, tinfoilers
) do their experiments? Create a wormhole, steal you to another place, then return you afterwards and wipe your memory?

Because if there was a specific area of memory that was removed like a file being deleted from the computer, your other memories would crowd in until that blank spot is taken out, because you don't consciously observe the removal of that memory and there's nothing to trigger what was missing, and nothing to be triggered. See what I'm saying?

...holy crap, I'm off today. I'm usually so much more eloquent - GAH!!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'll pass on first 2 story, but on 3rd, yes, time somehow fly fast.

Happen almost daily with me. Sent wife and kids to work 7.30, back to computer - 7.40ish, suddenly next glance to TV n clock.... 11.45!

Where my 4 hours gone ? Should be max 2 hours and yet.....do I stuck on ATS THAT long ?
It even worse if I'm coding something, 6 hours gone just like that.

Do time accelerate in parallel to age ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join