It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science is going to toss god into the dust bin of time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

LOL!

Oh MagnumOpus,

You're still going with this garbage?

Ha, ha, ha!

The LORD mocks those who mock Him!

You arrogant, prideful,, disobedient fools!

Think because you've unlocked a few of the mysteries of the natural world that you have somehow disproved the Almighty?

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

Psalm 53:53 The fool has said in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, and have done abominable iniquity;
There is none who does good.

2 God looks down from heaven upon the children of men,
To see if there are any who understand, who seek God.
3 Every one of them has turned aside;
They have together become corrupt;
There is none who does good,
No, not one.

4 Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge,
Who eat up my people as they eat bread,
And do not call upon God?
5 There they are in great fear
Where no fear was,
For God has scattered the bones of him who encamps against you;
You have put them to shame,
Because God has despised them.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Here is why I think, the concept of higher powers beyond ourselves is important. Whether or not that concept is accurate. Of course we know it's not. Once an idea is conceptualized, it's subject to dualism, and therefore finite or complicated by the finite. No one is ever perfectly correct - in their understanding. To believe otherwise, is egotistical. I'm wrong all the time. That I'm comfortable in that and others are not, is an example of dualism. We separate ourselves. We like to argue, reason, and develop ideas. We LOVE to justify ourselves by convincing others. It's a - not a - bad thing. Not everyone is at the same education level or understanding level. Various modes of understanding the universe, the world, and forming our role in society - is necessary. It explores the complexities of human emotion and understanding.

Science, in the name of discovery, has lacked in ethics and morals that should come with deciding - whether it's even humane to continue on in a certain area of technology. Instead, special interests groups, who are looking at a resource that pours to them godly amounts of revenue (riches) - do. Why can't I own a palatial Hawaii home?!??!!

Honestly, dumping toxic wastes into the oceans? We have no idea of what changes could occur, or what mutations. Yet, as soon as those who decided it was okay to dump it there, did - science lost power over their own discovery/creation and everyone lost the power to stop it. Who knows what effects are wrecking havoc with our planet that in part was to do with that? I'd beach myself too if I had to live in those waters, and swim through polluted areas - death zones of the ocean. (Anyone visualize coral reefs?) We injected our own waters with poison. That we even separate ourselves so completely with the sea and the life it nourishes (some island nations would starve without the ocean). Truly, there is not one person who at some level, is not insane. We are living in a mad world.

Oh, but hail science. The fool on the precipice who leaps before looking.

Drilling in the middle of the ocean for oil? Um... Why? If we run out, we run out, it's inevitable. The gulf oil spill was inevitable. All our technology fails when up against nature. We can't even stop our ships from spilling. All our crap is made from earth. Look at the dam in Louisiana. Eventually, it all gives. Science is a house of cards, it makes our cage more pretty - doesn't mean we are better people for it - and we know the planet isn't better off for it.

Nuclear weapons. Even the testing of them. Need I say more?

Scientists, not science (science is a tool used by people) is so busy worried about whether they can, they don't even stop to ask themselves if they should. Something our belief sets all over the world warn extensively about abusing. Our powers.

Another abstract example, send a big hello out to space? Um, isn't that rather risky? Scientists wave their arms saying "Hey, here we are a big fat planet filled with resources and life." Why not paint a target sign on the moon too? I mean, if we need really need something to do. Then we think about it and say, oh ooopppssss. Let's build bigger weapons in case of threat....

Don't tell me the world is better off with all of what mankind has done with science. Just the wrong push, and it could destroy us all. Godly powers, that will be spoken of in mythology by our deformed future children, of the old gods (elitist), who wielded unrestrained powers. It's all a circle folks.

Peace,
Cirque
edit on 22-9-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: play on words

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Isn't science the study of the nature of the world, what some term as god's creations.

So, the study of sciences and looking at these nature and creation elements is really the study of God.

Which means all the little religious conjecture books are study of Man's pontifications, and man is unusually ignorant of the ways of nature and creation.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

You've got two valid points,

But your last sentence is off...

The Bible complements the natural sciences,

The only time the Bible and science contradict is when mans knowledge is not up to speed either in science or in correct interpretation of scriptures.

www.biologos.org...

headlyvonnoggin.hubpages.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This thread ---------> LoL

If you think science is anywhere close to disproving God then I suggest you actually look into esoteric and more spiritual practices and teachings that have been around through the ages.

The tetrahedron (3d Solomon's Seal) for example when placed inside the Earth identifies the location of the Earth's Lagrange points and following the 'sacred geometry' shows the geometric formation of DNA molecules.

Maybe check out cymatics or M-theory and go back and read the verse about God creating the universe from a single word. Words are vibrations and all matter electron, protons, neutrons, etc are all just different wavelengths interacting.

I suggest a deep study of Kabbalah to learn to think outside the 'BOX' . . . of course you would know what box I am referring to after even the most brief study.

Unfortunately most folks with your perception merely view such things as delusion or hallucination and never give the concept proper attention or application.

I would also suggest investigating the quantum study in which directed beams of electrons were affected by mere OBSERVATION, meaning that just by observation the generally accepted physics model was broken. That or it was a grand coincidence, which is hilarious also as physics does not allow for coincidence as it is a rigid model which must apply to all situations without ever once proving false (scientific method).

www.sciencedaily.com...

In a study reported in the February 26 issue of Nature (Vol. 391, pp. 871-874), researchers at the Weizmann Institute of Science have now conducted a highly controlled experiment demonstrating how a beam of electrons is affected by the act of being observed. The experiment revealed that the greater the amount of "watching," the greater the observer's influence on what actually takes place.

The research team headed by Prof. Mordehai Heiblum, included Ph.D. student Eyal Buks, Dr. Ralph Schuster, Dr. Diana Mahalu and Dr. Vladimir Umansky. The scientists, members of the Condensed Matter Physics Department, work at the Institute's Joseph H. and Belle R. Braun Center for Submicron Research.

When a quantum "observer" is watching Quantum mechanics states that particles can also behave as waves. This can be true for electrons at the submicron level, i.e., at distances measuring less than one micron, or one thousandth of a millimeter. When behaving as waves, they can simultaneously pass through several openings in a barrier and then meet again at the other side of the barrier. This "meeting" is known as interference.

Strange as it may sound, interference can only occur when no one is watching. Once an observer begins to watch the particles going through the openings, the picture changes dramatically: if a particle can be seen going through one opening, then it's clear it didn't go through another. In other words, when under observation, electrons are being "forced" to behave like particles and not like waves. Thus the mere act of observation affects the experimental findings.

This reproducible experiment does not support your theory as I observe many holes in it.

Peace.
edit on 22-9-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Another interesting/amusing thread.

However, I note that the earliest instance of the use of the scientific method is found early in the Book of Daniel, written about 600-500 BC.

Look for God, and you'll likely find Him.

Fail to look for God, and he will find you.

There is no way to wriggle out of it, you can only put it off for awhile.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join