It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salvation for Your Seemingly Lost Loved Ones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Peace to all of you, that you may read these words and feel them. Receive the peace of God and His Son, Jesus, rest assured He loves all of you, and all who you know, even those who may seem lost.

There are many of us who see our family, friends, co workers or even strangers perishing in their souls through their harsh behavior.

Do not cut them off from the love of God as if they are lost! Love thy neighbor and let your grief for them be prolific, not sterile.

The soul of the one you love can be saved through your prayers and suffering. You can suffer and expiate for them through your grief, but do it out of love because "mercy triumphs over judgment".

Your upright intentions and prayers will be the salvation of your seemingly lost loved ones.

What is required for them to be saved is the sacrifice already made by our Lord, Jesus Christ. Salvation is granted through word, through mercy, and through sacrifice.

Prolific tears will dissolve in Christ's blood.

Be merciful and patient with your loved ones and remind them of God's mercy WITHOUT ARROGANCE. Never condemn them either because such grief will only drive them further from God.

Words of condemnation could not be further from the truth, but instead is a tactic of Satan to make his prey feel the impossibility of salvation. Salvation is impossible for no one.

If you do not see that the person has met with salvation, or even seems to be getting worse, do not give up! Satan tries to keep his prey which you are trying to steal from him. Even the most vile person's soul may be saved before death if prolific sacrifices and prayers are made for them.

Even if you fail, you shall see your reward in Paradise for trying to bring a lost sheep back to the Heavenly fold.

The Lord rewards those who have faith, so hope or have faith even for a mirical.

St. Paul was a wicked pharisee until God made him see the light, go blind, and convert. And he was given supernatural sight and wisdom, after being even a murderer, giving consent to the death of the martyr Stephen.

My own personal method of sacrifice for those whom I love is to pray the Rosary's sorrowful mysteries sitting on a hardwood floor, offering the full pray to God, for who ever it is' salvation. If you do this, put yourself in the perspective of the Blessed Virgin Mary, or even the mother of Judas Iscariot, who was a holy woman and disciple of Jesus.

If you are one who has fallen of the straight path of Christ, remember your loved ones, and the innocence of your childhood, and the fondness that love used to bring. Never think that that Love is lost, because Jesus stands beside you this moment as you read, awaiting you decision.

Peace and blessings to all of you. May God hear your prayers and send the Holy Spirit to give you a grat miracle.

edit on 20-9-2012 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

My own personal method of sacrifice for those whom I love is to pray the Rosary's sorrowful mysteries sitting on a hardwood floor, offering the full pray to God, for who ever it is' salvation. If you do this, put yourself in the perspective of the Blessed Virgin Mary, or even the mother of Judas Iscariot, who was a holy woman and disciple of Jesus.

Father also likes to hear a prayer from the heart, not a repetitive prayer that has been passed on. A prayer that is clear and sincere is heard with more weight than a prayer that is given.

Just a different perspective. But, your other words are of good!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

The Rosary is a meditation, and if it is said for repetition is useless.

Peace to you

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing this.
I hope it touches others as it has me.

I'm a wretched man.
Pray for me.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan

Thank you for sharing this.
I hope it touches others as it has me.

I'm a wretched man.
Pray for me.

You are in my prayers...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Peace to you man, and as an easy cleaning meditation I give this to you: prefer what God grants (love,purity,etc), over what is given materially by the Satan,the flesh, and the world. It is your soul which you feel disires holiness, cultivate that, my prayers are to you.

May the peace of Jesus Christ be with you always as it is now.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I have a CD of the scriptural rosary that I found online. I honestly can not listen and pray the sorrowful mysteries as I become depressed. That is not just an excuse. There is a youtube of the Divine Mercy chaplet that incorporates scenes from The Passion of the Christ. It kills me to pray it, but I will remember that would be good for expiation and cleansing my sinuses.

Thank you for sharing. Expiation is not well understood. Never waste your suffering.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

TVTexan, what you said made me think of today's reading. I hope you know how much He loves you.

Gospel Lk 7:36-50

A certain Pharisee invited Jesus to dine with him,
and he entered the Pharisee's house and reclined at table.
Now there was a sinful woman in the city
who learned that he was at table in the house of the Pharisee.
Bringing an alabaster flask of ointment,
she stood behind him at his feet weeping
and began to bathe his feet with her tears.
Then she wiped them with her hair,
kissed them, and anointed them with the ointment.
When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this he said to himself,
"If this man were a prophet,
he would know who and what sort of woman this is who is touching him,
that she is a sinner."
Jesus said to him in reply,
"Simon, I have something to say to you."
"Tell me, teacher," he said.
"Two people were in debt to a certain creditor;
one owed five hundred days' wages and the other owed fifty.
Since they were unable to repay the debt, he forgave it for both.
Which of them will love him more?"
Simon said in reply,
"The one, I suppose, whose larger debt was forgiven."
He said to him, "You have judged rightly."
Then he turned to the woman and said to Simon,
"Do you see this woman?
When I entered your house, you did not give me water for my feet,
but she has bathed them with her tears
and wiped them with her hair.
You did not give me a kiss,
but she has not ceased kissing my feet since the time I entered.
You did not anoint my head with oil,
but she anointed my feet with ointment.
So I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven;
hence, she has shown great love.
But the one to whom little is forgiven, loves little."
He said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."
The others at table said to themselves,
"Who is this who even forgives sins?"
But he said to the woman,
"Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

The sorrowful mysteries are the most important, and though they may hurt you the most, that suffering will only bring you closer to Jesus and understanding Him, being appreciative of His agonies. Of all His agonies the greatest was seeing His Mother suffer. I am glad to hear your faith and humor, but it warms me to hear of your deep rooted love for penance for our God.

Peace and joy to you woman, Christ has won and is present beside us, rejoice in His love.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by jhill76

The Rosary is a meditation, and if it is said for repetition is useless.

This is very true, it is a meditation. After my wife passed away, some afternoons I just felt dead inside, and though I wasn't Catholic (she was,) I prayed the Rosary, and it most definitely helped me to find some comfort.

I pray the Liturgy of the Hours these days, with similar results -- through the recitation of Psalms, something just slips in and wakes up some part of me, and every day I find new insights into myself and my relationship with God.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Peace to you. It is good to read this as so many are opposed to Catholic practices such as the Rosary, but I believe it is one of the most supernatural and sublime weapons of spirituality. Keep your faith and read the thread in my signature for a deeper relationship with God. Peace to you, brother

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Father also likes to hear a prayer from the heart, not a repetitive prayer that has been passed on. A prayer that is clear and sincere is heard with more weight than a prayer that is given.

Just a different perspective. But, your other words are of good!

Amen! I always tell people the "Lord's Prayer" is just showing us how to pray and what to pray like, Christ never intended for it to be a memorized prayer that people just rush on with to get out of the way.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

God bless for this thread!

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because[c] your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But may[d] the God of all grace, who called us[e] to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Matthew 5:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

new topics

top topics

join