It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran’s atomic energy chief admits to giving the IAEA false information

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well,well,well.
Seems the Iranians are just trying to play the world like they were harp strings.

Fereydoun Abbasi-Davani, head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, admitted to the London-based al-Hayat newspaper Thursday that Tehran had fed the nuclear watchdog false information to protect its nuclear facilities and progress. “Sometimes we made ourselves appear weak and at other times we reported issues that made us appear strongly than we really were,” he said, to mislead other intelligence agencies. Abbasi estimated that the Iranian nuclear program would come up again before the Security Council in November and if this step fails, a US military operation will come after the US presidential election. This was the first time any high-ranking Iranian official had admitted his government had been cheating or that it was expecting a US attack.

www.debka.com...

Lets just see what happens.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My only question is who paid him to say this? I don't believe a word that comes from a Western based media.

The timing is just too perfect IMO.

Peace

edit on 20-9-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

"Harp strings?" Like the in Heaven kind of harp springs?

and if this step fails, a US military operation will come after the US presidential election
Hmmm, Heaven, US military operation. . . We might make this all work out yet.

All right, I know it's a silly post, but don't I get to have fun sometime?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
That isn't just a vague article but also a vague comment by the Iranian Chief. To say they made themselves seem weaker at times and stronger at others, isn't exactly something unexpected, as all the players on the board seem to do this?

The Cold War comes to mind.

I'll be watching for further advancements. Thanks!

Peace.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
No evidence to back any of this up. Let's see some proof.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I have a feeling that the Irani comment is in response to this:

pakobserver.net...

Did read about this earlier in a MIddle Eastern newspaper and will post when found.

Namaste

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

True,no evidence.
Just keeping an eye on what MIGHT be going on.
Alot of things are going on and I'm just bringing this to the forefront .

Could be nothing at all.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

You know ,it's kind of like she said he said,but on a grander scale.
Let me clue you in on a few things.
Things are escalating between Israel and Iran.
I have made a few threads on this.
Just go search it out and decide for yourself.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Well,well,well.
Seems the Iranians are just trying to play the world like they were harp strings.

Fereydoun Abbasi-Davani, head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, admitted to the London-based al-Hayat newspaper Thursday that Tehran had fed the nuclear watchdog false information to protect its nuclear facilities and progress. “Sometimes we made ourselves appear weak and at other times we reported issues that made us appear strongly than we really were,” he said, to mislead other intelligence agencies. Abbasi estimated that the Iranian nuclear program would come up again before the Security Council in November and if this step fails, a US military operation will come after the US presidential election. This was the first time any high-ranking Iranian official had admitted his government had been cheating or that it was expecting a US attack.

www.debka.com...

Lets just see what happens.

PRETTY CERTAIN THIS SAYS IT ALL !!!!

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (www.godaddy.com...)
Domain Name: DEBKA.COM
Created on: 28-May-00
Expires on: 28-May-17
Last Updated on: 06-Mar-12

Registrant:
DEBKAfile Ltd.

4, Hamaapilim St.
Jerusalem, 92545
Israel

Administrative Contact:
Shamis, Giora [email protected]
DEBKAfile ltd.
4 Ha-Ma'apilim St.
Jerusalem, 92545
Israel
25666882 Fax -- 25670038

Technical Contact:
Mikhailov, Vadim [email protected]
DEBKAfile Ltd.
4 Ha-Ma'apilim St.
Jerusalem, 92545
Israel
544288197 Fax -- 25670038

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
My only question is who paid him to say this? I don't believe a word that comes from a Western based media.

The timing is just too perfect IMO.

Peace

You know and I know it's a big game.
I think they are playing a big political campaign.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

Your point is?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Just like whatever is posted in PressTV or RT or any other State media I'll take this with a grain of salt.

But, even a broken clock is right twice a day. You just never know these days.

Oh and S & F

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

reply to post by dazbog

Your point is?

Surely that isn't a serious question. If so, it is not worthy of a reasoned response. Jeez !

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dazbog

reply to post by dazbog

Your point is?

Surely that isn't a serious question. If so, it is not worthy of a reasoned response. Jeez !

No,seriously,what is your point?
Based on the fact that it's from an Israeli news site,or that you traced it to go daddy .

www.jpost.com...

You think MSM would report on this?
Oh,wait ,they did.

Does that give it more credence?

Iran’s Top Atomic Official Says Nation Issued False Nuclear Data to Fool Spies

Iran’s top atomic energy official said in an article published Thursday that because of foreign espionage, his government had sometimes provided false information to protect its nuclear program, which Western powers and Israel have called a cloak to develop a nuclear weapons capacity.

www.nytimes.com...[editby ]edit on 20-9-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

BTW,dazbog,what is your opinion on all this.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just a tiny little thought. If we can no longer trust the information coming from Iran (and to the poster who said evyeryone does it, I agree, but that's not my point.) Then we can no longer say that Iran is not building nuclear weapons. From here, the most that can be said is that "the evidence that they are working on nukes is not sufficient to convince me."

Nobody ever expects to get 100% proof of these things in a tense situation. There is evidence that they are, and evidence that they aren't. To be blunt, obliterating those sites will be done based on a judgment call, after looking at what evidence is available, pro and con. It would be in Iran's interest, I suppose, to provide as much evidence as possible that they aren't building nukes.

But let's not have anymore "Iran isn't building nuclear weapons." That isn't a tenable position any longer. Iran itself has told you that you can't know that.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Just a tiny little thought. If we can no longer trust the information coming from Iran (and to the poster who said evyeryone does it, I agree, but that's not my point.) Then we can no longer say that Iran is not building nuclear weapons. From here, the most that can be said is that "the evidence that they are working on nukes is not sufficient to convince me."

Nobody ever expects to get 100% proof of these things in a tense situation. There is evidence that they are, and evidence that they aren't. To be blunt, obliterating those sites will be done based on a judgment call, after looking at what evidence is available, pro and con. It would be in Iran's interest, I suppose, to provide as much evidence as possible that they aren't building nukes.

But let's not have anymore "Iran isn't building nuclear weapons." That isn't a tenable position any longer. Iran itself has told you that you can't know that.

Charles,it's the same old game .
I'm not saying it is happening or it isn't.
I'm just saying that there is a build up of tensions ,if it's all false or real,that has yet to be determined.
I really don't know what the true agenda that is behind it all,but I just feel that it's not good.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Just like whatever is posted in PressTV or RT or any other State media I'll take this with a grain of salt.

But, even a broken clock is right twice a day. You just never know these days.

Oh and S & F

Thank you Slayer.
I don't usually dabble in this sort of thing,but it has caught my attention.
Hoping my clock is wrong.
Peace,
K

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Dear kdog1982,

Thank you for reminding me that I have to be briefer and more direct in my postings. Let me rephrase what I said:

"All right you Muslim supporters, let's not hear any more BS about Iran nor working towards Nukes. Even your own boys in Iran admit they're lying. I'll let you get away with saying we need more evidence, but beyond that STFU."

What do you think? Should I keep that as my new style?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I honestly hope the clock is wrong as well. I don't think any intelligent person wants a war. I wish all sides would just chill and start TALKING instead of all the finger pointing and play the blame game....

Hey, I can hope..

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join