It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Fiscal Conservative: Ron Paul wraps up his 2012 campaign with $2 million dollar surplus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ron Paul...the now 77 year old presidential candidate who ate pizza and value meals to save a few bucks on the campaign trail. The candidate that always worries about staying on budget and not wasting a penny. The candidate that promised to be transparent in his campaign spending and was able to report campaign spending down to the DOLLAR when the standard for other campaigns were reporting purchases made over $25.

I'm willing to bet that those extra $2million dollars are going to go towards helping win office seats for liberty candidates. In 2008, Ron Paul had a few million in the bank by the end of his campaign, he used that money to start Campaign For Liberty, which has played a crucial role in many 'liberty victories' in the past few years. Also started by Ron Paul was Young Americans for Liberty and Youth For Paul organizations which has hundreds of chapters across the nation and hundreds of thousands of members.

There are quite a few liberty candidates running for congressmen/senators/local office throughout the country.

His presidential campaign ended August with more than $2 million in reserve, even taking in about $103,000 worth of contributions for the month, his report indicates.
That stands in stark contrast to fellow GOP also-rans Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum, both of whom continue to carry seven-figure debt from their presidential runs.

Read more: www.politico.com...

edit on 20-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well the GOP of today isn't fiscal conservatives they are corporatist plain and simple. They threw away their chance at the white house for a guy who wants to shine wall streets boots with his tongue.

Why would anyone with half a brain vote against this man?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I personally believe that all of the true Ron Paul lovers (including myself) should write him and ask him why he quit running. I hoped liked crazy that he would fight til the end to get himself on that ballot.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

He put up a good fight against a massive opposition from every corner with a vested interest in the status quo.
The RNC through hook or crook would never allow RP the nomination, no matter what. The corruption was overt from day one. I'd like my $ 5000.00 back but I think the $ will be spent wisely In support of the Freedom movement. Although in my heart, I know it's game over for America. The people had their chance. It will not come again.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ron Paul just gets it.

-returns money back to the US treasury from his unused congressional funds
-refuses the extremely lucrative congressional pension
-refused secret service during the 2012 primaries when everybody took it to 'seem' presidential. Then again, people don't hate Ron Paul (except for the establishment)
-lived in the same one story Texas house for decades (that recently went for sale) and invited the community to his pool for free swimming lessons.

-last but not least, he promised to only make the median American income as president.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

It must be great to keep pretending to run for president and just have people send you millions of dollars for tricking them into thinking you are going to do anything for them. I am jealous.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

It must be great to keep pretending to run for president and just have people send you millions of dollars for tricking them into thinking you are going to do anything for them. I am jealous.

I recognize your type, the type of ATS poster that ends up getting banned eventually.

Outkast Searcher
Carseller4
Immaculated1
and the list goes on and on and on.

So keep it up.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

I recognize your type, the type of ATS poster that ends up getting banned eventually.

Outkast Searcher
Carseller4
Immaculated1

So keep it up.

So your response is to try and attack me on a personal level?
That is some intelligent reply.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Outkast Searcher
Carseller4
Immaculated1

So keep it up.

So your response is to try and attack me on a personal level?
That is some intelligent reply.

How did I attack you on a personal level? I'm speaking from experience, never called you a name, did I?

People who tend to make accusations and inflammatory remarks with no factual basis behind them tend to get banned here on ATS and I even provided EXAMPLES/FACTS, so excuse me for predicting your fate. I know you're new around here and might not understand the difference between making a good argument vs trolling that gets you banned. So if I'm wrong, feel free to prove me wrong by backing your assumptions up with real facts.

After all intelligence is speaking with facts. Your original accusation has no evidence behind it. You would have a very tough time keeping up with your own lies and accusations.

But since you are insisting...

So you're saying Ron Paul intentionally ran for president to trick people out of millions of donation money?
I'm sure you don't know he was lobbied to run by his own supporters, all three times.

Most people send money to the Ron Paul presidential campaign because they like his ideas and support him, they wish to have his message heard by a larger audience.

Nobody is stopping you from running for president to money from people but I'm going to stop you from spreading false assumptions. So like I said earlier, keep it up, keep making false accusations, it WILL get you banned. If you feel like you've been personally attacked, maybe it is time to start stating points with factual backing so you WON'T get banned.

I really hope you respond, please don't make me call you out in other threads after you conveniently fail to respond here.

edit on 21-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join