It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Postal Service asks Floridians to stop crashing into post offices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

The U.S. Postal Service has taken the unusual step of releasing a set of helpful tips to help reduce the number of drivers in Florida who have been crashing their cars into post offices. This year so far, eight drivers have crashed into post offices in Central Florida alone

Local ABC affiliate WWSB7 reports that the tips include, "Avoid distracted driving; Proceed slowly and carefully when pulling in, and backing out, of parking spaces; Visibly check to see whether your foot is on the gas pedal or the brake pedal," and "Visibly check to see if the vehicle is in Park, Reverse or Drive."

This story made me giggle a bit. I never thought I would come across something like this. The US Postal Service has to release helpful tips in hopes that people wont drive into the building as often? Poor post office, what did they do to deserve this?

There's a list of the accidents on the article, and a brief description of each.

8/21/2012; Leesburg. Customer she said she was startled by something falling from the sky and accelerated into the post office lobby.

......Aliens

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

In June 2011, 89-year-old Phyllis Slaunwhite crashed her vehicle into a Florida post office, causing more than $250,000 in damages. Slaunwhite later told police she had blacked out and had no memory of the accident.

Oh, old people! When will you ever learn? Not surprised it's Florida with a problem.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
" FLORI-DUH " But really, we have alot of elderly, alot do not have any family that cares or they are just too stubborn to let somebody help.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
It is quite alarming. Motorists in central Florida have crashed cars into post office s eight times since the beginning of the year. Officials at the United States Postal Service want them to stop. Please.

new topics

top topics

join