It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glass Orb that concentrates sunlight up to 10000times!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
link

Regardless of the troubles and the worry going on in pockets around the place, there are still alot of people on the planet moving forward and onward for the betterment of all, and keeping our wonderful environment in mind when then do.
and by betterment of all, I mean they will patent the thing first and still make loads of money, but seriously how much longer will anyone be able to do that too? Why not just share it, oh well, that's just me.

A spherical glass solar energy generator, which even has potential to harvest lunar energy for producing electricity is center of attraction these days. This innovation by Barcelona-based German Architect André Broessel is called ß.torics system. This device looks like a giant transparent marble, has a fully rotational weatherproof device with ability to track sun, concentrates sunlight or moonlight up to 10000 times. The ball lens and specific geometrical structure is 35% more efficient than existing photo-voltaic designs.

Rawlemon’s ultratransmission Ball lens concept of optical tracking with low-cost industrial white glass and a refractive index of 1.53 provides a very small focal point, concentrating diffuse light.

Andre' says "Design for a social world - Let's create energy where we use it - in our cities"
This is very cool indeed

another link on that site...

"Major Energy Discovery"

The researchers found a way to make an “optical battery,” and in the process, they overturned a century-old tenet of physics.

You could stare at the equations of motion all day and you will not see this possibility. We’ve all been taught that this doesn’t happen,” said Rand, an author of a paper on the work published in the Journal of Applied Physics. “It’s a very odd interaction. That’s why it’s been overlooked for more than 100 years.”

Overlooked for a hundred years? Goodness! Makes you wonder what else we've over looked while being distracted.

Just thought I'd share news of a different kind, thanks for visiting.

Mods if this is the wrong forum please move, and I am still useless when it comes to posting pics
sorry

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
How much does it or would it cost?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

I stand corrected, lunar light would not be as practical as day light, but interesting concept for utilizing both sources..
edit on 20-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Both actually.

Reading not your most comprehensive ability?

How about we drop the eye rolls and discuss the subject?

OP, very interesting. I remember reading about China's Yellow Emperor Huangdi, who powered his 'robots' by using 'mirrors' that were powered by moonlight!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Turning our faces from the Sun for a minute, let's look to what's at our feet

Last night on ABC24 (I think) they spoke about algea ponds in WA, check this out

link

As we searched for the ideal location of our first commercial production facility, we identified a number of key factors that were critical to delivering maximum value from our high-tech farming process," said Matt Caspari. "The combination of a perfect climate and the right blend of resources-including abundant seawater, industrial CO2 and skilled labor-made Northwestern Australia an ideal location for our initial, high-yield commercial facility. These elements combined with the outstanding support of the Australian government at all levels, makes Perth a perfect launching point for commercializing our technology."

With algae widely recognized as the most productive source of biomass, Aurora Algae has optimized salt-water algae strains that thrive in open ponds, utilizing seawater rather than fresh water to conserve resources. Aurora Algae has also pioneered a unique, energy-efficient method for harvesting, using technology commonly used in the waste-water treatment industry rather than using a traditional centrifuge approach. These process improvements over traditional algae production, harvesting and extraction methods, combined with the company's ability to take excess carbon dioxide from third-party industrial plants, will result in premium, low-cost and carbon-neutral to carbon-negative products.

I'm sure there's plenty of you who are aware that algea research and development has been going on for a while, so if you've got links and info, please post if you like. This stuff is fantastic and just another example of the futility of fighting over the current methods and how we conduct ourselves.
It's always a choice.
Choose to jump on board a different ship to the future

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I would love to read about that, it sounds cool.
I did a search on lunar energy and couldn't come up with too much.....

Oil in Alaska is nothing compared to what you'd get from the moon," said Criswell, a physicist at the University of Houston Institute for Space Systems, who has been promoting his idea steadily for about 20 years. "This kind of energy would be available as long as the sun shines and the moon is up there."

Then, he says, the world would have access to a limitless power supply. The moon receives 13,000 terrawatts of power from the sun. Harnessing 1 percent of that energy, he calculates, could replace all fossil fuel power plants on Earth.

link

How bout that?
What he's proposing is expensive but not impossible either. I for one didn't realise this was even a consideration unless you include harnessing the power of all the witches on the planet

Moon power, nice!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Neat stuff indeed...

...and being it's in the public eye means there are likely no practical weaponry characteristics. Food for thought when being made aware of new stuff. The 100 or so years it was dormant (for lack of a better term) gave ample opportunity to test its weaponry capabilities to no practical avail apparently allowing for a patent now.

All speculation on my part mind you

edit on 9/20/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
spoke too soon!

link

Moon elixirs are like liquid lunar energy. They can be taken internally or used to bless sacred objects and people as well as to enhance magic rites.

Only if your interested of course.

Having said that though, is there such a thing invented to tap and or harness the 'energies' (millions of people believe we have), inside our 'own' systems ie. the body?

Bet there is

Goodness! I just had a thought! If we 'plugged' those middle east joes into such a thing, we could have unlimited free energy for eternity! (forget I mentioned it)

but

I wonder how much THAT costs?

Just like there is enough of everything on the planet for every body, that would have to include money, skills, know how and equipement, and the people, technically, own the lot. That's all of us
It's only a matter of distribution really, but I digress, sorry.

I hope you've learnt something so far in my thread, if you haven't or know it already, teach us something instead.
That would be brilliant

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

There is an entire discussion right there!
so many things to say to that style of reasoning and thought pattern, let's pretend for a second the military are thoroghly sick of 'how it's been' too, just for a minute. Because after all, the entire military complex is made up of humans who have families and futures too.
Those responsible for the most harbouring of secrets are also a minority. They may have all the answers, but have they really used such gifts of knowledge intelligently?

chalk and cheese we are and a shame it is for both

Thanks for stopping by though I appreciate your effort

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
Goodness! I just had a thought! If we 'plugged' those middle east joes into such a thing, we could have unlimited free energy for eternity! (forget I mentioned it)
Eh???

Racism.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
Eh???

Racism.

actually I'm not, but thanks any way, it was in reference to harnessing personal energy, they have a lot. Don't you think?

poor taste perhaps, but along the lines of what i was asking,

Efforts to capture energy from the human body usually focus on harnessing the kinetic energy of the body’s movement. However the human body is also generating energy in the form of heat that could also be used to run low power electronic devices. New energy-scavenging systems under development at MIT could generate electricity just from differences in temperature between the body (or other warm object) and the surrounding air.

The researchers, MIT Prof. Anantha Chandrakasan and alumnus Yogesh Ramadass PhD ’09, point out that as a result of research over the last decade, the power consumption of various electronic sensors, processors and communications devices has been greatly reduced, making it feasible to power such devices from very low-power energy harvesting systems such as their wearable thermoelectric system.

link

scroll down to energy

edit on 20-9-2012 by AussieAmandaC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Yes, I understood the joke, just not a fan of any of it at the moment (discrimination) because it will be our undoing as a general populace.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well, He's done it

Rawlemon Solar Devices

They were able to completely fund their project and get started! I so want one!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Very cool! Definitely is a leap forward that we need regarding Solar. Do you know if the 180 cm model is capable of powering the standard home? [Capacity Per Day: 3.4 kWh max. Battery Capacity: 5.4 kWh]
Looks awesome!

found this:avg home elec. use
-- it looks like it would offset some grid usage and maybe completely cover a 1 or frugal 2 person household.

edit on 22-5-2014 by Starcrossd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd Do you know if the 180 cm model is capable of powering the standard home? [Capacity Per Day: 3.4 kWh max. Battery Capacity: 5.4 kWh]

2010 Average Power Consumption (per year/per day@kWh):
USA: 11,698/32
Canada: 11,879/32.5
Australia: 7,227/19.8
France: 6,343/17.4
UK: 4,648/12.7
Germany: 3,512/9.6
World: 3,417/9.4

new topics

top topics

join