It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Videogame Art (2d/3d)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hey guys! I just finished graduating from a 1 year game art program, so I thought I'd share some of the work I've done if that's cool. I still have a metric # ton to learn, but I'll get there eventually. Learning more stuff every day. Unfortunately my website is still a WIP but my blog is up and running...

julionicoletti.blogspot.ca...

Here's some stuff

lobster-cow-thing

tyranids!

orks!

necrons! (heads a bit small)

pew pew District 9 laser gun

And a giant robot (with either jets or missles in the background)

Anyways, let me know what you think! (This is not a looking-for-work thread, but I'll let you know that I am currently looking for freelance work...
)

edit on 9/20/2012 by Julio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Keep at it, man! I like what you've done so far.

On a side note, I haven't played Warhammer 40,000 in ages. It was nice to be reminded of it!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Nice stuff mate

For you models, did you use 3DS Max?
so fun

Nice textures too!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

Beautiful work Julio! Do not stop doing what you are doing... please.
You got great subtle linework and shading technique, really really professional grade work. Clean and graceful and nicely posed characters.

I had a short few year contract doing exclusively textures and terrain assets for a small place in WA, if I could have figured out how to use Maya I'd maybe still be working there. But honestly I love to paint more, and its where my passions and interests led me.

and now I'm going to give you some very very honest and blunt criticism if you can handle it, I only want to help because I think I know how to tell you this. Your skill is way up on par with the professionals, it really is....
but
you need to go way outside the spectrum of normal to get the really good jobs, OR any job now really. You need to know many different aspects like modelling, texturing, animating and design. Or just be so incredibly badass at every single piece you do, make it yours... not something that looks like youre trying to appeal to game companies. Sounds backwards I know, but they want skill as well as diversity, or that one in a million original idea, the next Quake or WoW. There's still the chance you can get a decent gig doing concept and character storyboarding with your kind of illustrative talent. Maybe graphic novels? Magick cards art? Tattoo designs? Skateboard/snowboard art? Many ways to pimp out the same skillset to different markets and find a way to make that beauty pay the bills.

I think you will keep evolving your skills and mix them with some of your extra unique perspective and get a fantastic gig tho... I do.
The best of luck to you friend, thank you for sharing your wonderful creations, truly wonderful work!!

new topics

top topics

join