It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Unacceptable... when Iran does it. Cyber attacks against JPMorgan Chase and Bank Of America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So after all the stories of Iran facilities being the targets of cyber attacks and super malware i was quite surprised to see what National security officials had to say about JPMorgan Chase and the Bank of America being the targets of hackers since a couple of days. Apparently , these attacks came from Iran and are seen as support to terrorism, the Americans cyber attacks on the other hand should be seen as peace making missions.

National security officials told NBC News that the continuing cyber attacks this week that slowed the websites of JPMorgan Chase and Bank of America are being carried out by the government of Iran. One of those sources said the claim by hackers that the attacks were prompted by the online video mocking the Prophet Muhammad is just a cover story.

Senior U.S. officials acknowledge that Iranian attacks have been the subject of intense interest by U.S. intelligence for several weeks. Last week, the Joint Chiefs of Staff's Intelligence Directorate, known as J-2, confirmed continuing Iranian cyber attacks against U.S. financial institutions in a report described as "highly classified." The report was posted on internal classified U.S. government sites last Friday, September 14.

openchannel.nbcnews.com...

Let the ww3 cyber-war begin...

Pentagon : “Iran’s cyber aggression should be viewed as a component, alongside efforts like support for terrorism, to the larger covert war Tehran is waging against the west.”

edit on 20-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hahaha... "Iran is waging against the West" funniest thing I heard all day. I hope Iran wins.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Its one of those things where Might makes right.

Iran can't really stop the west from making these kinds of attacks, the west on the other hand...

Well lets just say its not the time for them to be poking us, like it or not the US is the largest kid on the play ground with a bad case of Do as I say not as I do.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So its ok for every intelligent country to, at some point or another, play with their computers but not iran?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
All the more reason to keep your check book balanced. Use checks as much as possible and record everyone. If one day you check your account and its 0, at least you have a record of exactly what you had in the account.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Be funny if all this cyber attack stuff turns out to be some 10 year old on a zx81

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Mossad: hack the banks, pretend to be muslim, say it is in response to the movie - those panzies in the CIA will say it's Iran. More fuel for our fire.

CIA: We can't admit Mossad hacked us and it would be ridiculous to say it was another response to the movie - as we've kinda run that horse dry. But we could say it is the Iranian government pretending to be muslim hacktivists responding to the movie, yeah they'll buy that.

"Iran hacked JP Morgan and BofA"

REALITY: they hacked themselves $$$$ (as they listen to the cash registers of war dinging and clanging in the background)

cheers to thirsty Thursday - I'm going to put a few back tonight. I don't think this is going to end well...in the near term anyways...bottoms up!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk

Perhaps it's just a small point, but nowhere in your OP or source article does anyone say that it is unacceptable. We are fighting with some Iranian forces, they are fighting with us. It's gone on for a while now, and is interesting only in that the US is admitting that Iran is using a new weapon. Didn't you think Iran would use every weapon it could get their hands on?

Perhaps the most surprising thing to me was that they weren't able to shut the websites down, just slow them. That will only irritate a few customers, and make a few new enemies for Iran.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
All the more reason to keep your check book balanced. Use checks as much as possible and record everyone. If one day you check your account and its 0, at least you have a record of exactly what you had in the account.

To hell with paying by check your just giving money to the banks. Pay with cash and if you can't use cash then use money orders.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The amount of propaganda by the MSM is getting boring man. Iran doesn't have a problem with any country, it hasn't attacked or invaded other countries like the zionists regime and the USA administrations over the last century and the beginning of this one.

Leave that country alone shut up and mind your own piece of land.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Just think, we get to look forward to another decade or more of troops occupying other countries, when we shouldn't have sent them out in the first place.

Pretty sickening how they are setting Iran up. Its really getting old.

Sure Iran probably has real, honest to god terrorists. I'll agree with that. Problem is Iran is not the only one. Hell some of the United States "allies" probably have more terrorist activity we turn a blind eye to for their cooperation.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sekos
The amount of propaganda by the MSM is getting boring man. Iran doesn't have a problem with any country, it hasn't attacked or invaded other countries like the zionists regime and the USA administrations over the last century and the beginning of this one.

Leave that country alone shut up and mind your own piece of land.

I was thinking the same thing and then i saw your post.
I don`t think iran has any interest in provoking or starting a war with the U.S. or anyone else in the near future, i think they just want to be left alone to do whatever it is they do.
On the other hand we already know that the U.S. will flat out lie to instigate a confrontation ( iraq and WMD ring a bell?)
Unlike the U.S. most other countries know that a war is a very expensive undertaking and the damage to their economies of getting involved in a war is just as damaging as the real fighting would be to their infrastructure, so they avoid war at almost any cost.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff

Thanks. I have an account with Chase (I know, I know!! I should do credit union instead) and have been checking it religiously. I also heard somewhere that some top billionaires are dumping Chase stock.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This is TOO funny.

The BANKS and BANKSTERS have turned the screw on the planet. They are running the show.
A lot of people are upset with the banks. They think the banks are the bad guys.

So lads, what excuse do we need to give the public for following Israel's orders to follow them on an all out attack on IRAN.

So lets turn those poor banks into the VICTIMS!

Those nasty mean Iranians are now attacking our poor little banks.
THis is not about cyber war. This is the real thing,

from 2011;

The Pentagon’s newest policy grants the US military the ability to respond to a cyber attack on government networks with physical force – equating hacking to an act of war.
rt.com...

This is it.
edit on 21-9-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join