It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actress in anti-Islam movie sues producer, YouTube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Actres s in anti-Islam movie sues producer, YouTube

I was wondering when this would happen and if Google or YouTube would be named...

In a complaint alleging fraud, slander and intentional infliction of emotional distress, filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, Cindy Lee Garcia said that after scenes from “Innocence of Muslims” posted on YouTube sparked Middle East protests early last week she was subjected to “credible death threats” and was no longer permitted to provide child care for her grandchildren.

She is no longer able to care for her grandchildren ... that's sad. Especially since she had no idea what the movie was really going to be about...

Garcia said in her legal action that she was tricked into working in the film. Filmmaker Sam Bacile (the name appears to be a pseudonym for Nakoula Basseley Nakoula) allegedly told Garcia that he was making a movie called “Desert Warrior” that was “an adventure film ... about ancient Egyptians” and that there would be neither “references made to religion nor was there any sexual content” of which she was aware.

I won't relay the rest as it is rather racy... but she did in fact suffer consequences for being in this film.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What this all boils down to is the legalese within the contract she signed.

The US Govt will almost always side with whoever upheld their side of the contract, or whoever can prove that the contract is technically legally invalid for whatever reasons.

Claiming fraud and deception are one thing, proving it in court are another entirely.

She may or may not be able to win this suit.
It all boils down to what type of contractual agreement she signed into.
There is a chance she actually agreed to all of this.

That is why everyone needs to read all contracts they sign with a critical eye.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I am literally disgusted at the fact YouTube And its nazi people have yet to take this video down. Even after the crap that has happend around the world because of it. Makes you wonder what's really the agenda of the controllers. I have seen with my own eyes videos on YouTube getting band for things. This has got to be the dumbest thing I have heard!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thisbseth
I am literally disgusted at the fact YouTube And its nazi people have yet to take this video down. Even after the crap that has happend around the world because of it. Makes you wonder what's really the agenda of the controllers. I have seen with my own eyes videos on YouTube getting band for things. This has got to be the dumbest thing I have heard!

I am against banning of any politically or religious oriented information.

I am disgusted at the fact that people think their opinions or sentimentality overrides the rights of other's to free speech.

Taking the video down now won't change the last week of violence...and even had they taken it down days ago it wouldn't stop the purveyors of violence and hate as they would find new outlets for their emotional and mental issues.

We are not suppose to give in to the violent acts of 'terror', as that would be giving up liberty for security, which we know brings neither.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You have a valid point. But consider this, you wear an anti-Christ tshirt to school. After a while the school starts to get crazy. Christians start to picket, atheists start to do the same since they are on your side. The school has two options. Either you change the shirt and save everyone the hassle or you stick to your "right" (that we don't have anyways) and let the problem continue to escalade. A smart person would just take off the shirt. But an ignorant person would stick to his/her guns and let it go down hill until the situation got worse....then after take off the shirt just to prove a point.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thisbseth
reply to post by muzzleflash

You have a valid point. But consider this, you wear an anti-Christ tshirt to school. After a while the school starts to get crazy. Christians start to picket, atheists start to do the same since they are on your side. The school has two options. Either you change the shirt and save everyone the hassle or you stick to your "right" (that we don't have anyways) and let the problem continue to escalade. A smart person would just take off the shirt. But an ignorant person would stick to his/her guns and let it go down hill until the situation got worse....then after take off the shirt just to prove a point.

Or go to school naked?

Life is supposed to be more fun than all this bullcrap

new topics

top topics

join