It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Incredible Volcano Video of ALL Time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Just thought I'd share this video, it's pretty amazing-

I would imagine the only reason there was no POV footage is because the camera would melt

A little bit about the video and where it is-

Geoff Mackley, Bradley Ambrose, Nathan Berg, after an epic struggle with the weather for 35 days, we became the first people ever to get this close to Marum Volcano's famed lava lake on Ambrym Island, Vanuatu. Coming within 30 metres of the lava lake down a watercourse, it was possible to stand the heat for only 6 seconds. With Fire Brigade breathing apparatus and heat proof proximity suit it was possible to stand on the very edge and view the incredible show for over 40 minutes.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Fake.

That's just orange fanta.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Crazy!

I feel scared and I'm safe at home. That lava was churning and splashing like a giant deadly hottub and the guy's just standing there like nothing. Nuh-uh!!! Not me, thanks! Cool video--such awesome power and it just shows how small we really are.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
While a nice video, I'd have to go with any of the major caldera's but probably would put Toba in Sumatra at the top spot.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
That has got to be one of the best faked videos I have ever seen!

It's actually so bad it's good.
I'm dowloading that one as a keeper!

ETA: Seriously? People, please read the quote below the video!
Does something not match? Like distance or time?"
edit on 20-9-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It's fake? Or was that sarcasm? LOL In my defense, I wear glasses.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'd be too tempted
to jump in &
melt

now I want
fondue for
some reason

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
It's fake? Or was that sarcasm? LOL In my defense, I wear glasses.

im not expert, but he does look like hes standing in front of a green screen type thing. looks crazy if its real though. nice post.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

awesome if cool..

.. but i think standing that close would be an instant melting type of situation?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Awesome vid.

For those who are able, check out 16°15'30.63" S 168°06'18.24" E

S&F

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Very reminiscent of the work of Katia and Maurice Krafft.

Remember that a telephoto lens produces a foreshortening effect.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
now we know were we can deposit every corrupt piece of human trash politician, illuminati and elitist greedy garbage that wants to dominate the world at the expense of your freedom, happiness and life.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
So why didn't instantly become toast?
The heat radiating from that must be immense, he should have spontainiously combusted

He must be the devil!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So did he throw the ring in or not?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Hehehehehehehehehehehehhe.

I thought I saw Smegal(spelling??) there for a second.

Good one

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Originally posted by tvtexan

Does something not match? Like distance or time?

The video looks real to me. What part of the quote below the video refutes this? Can you explain what you think it is that does not match?

The uploader of the video is Geoff Mackley, a well known videographer of extreme situations such as volcanoes and hurricanes. Check out the rest of his channel (he has 100's of videos), he is not afraid of venturing into dangerous situations to get genuine raw footage that most people would never even think of capturing. He's one crazy kiwi, but I respect his dedication to his profession and the footage he has captured over the years.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Does something not match? Like distance or time?"
edit on 20-9-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

The quote below the video, translates to:

The most incredible volcano video ever filmed! Geoff Mackley, Bradley Ambrose, Nathan Berg, after an epic struggle with the weather for 35 days, which became the first people to get so close to lava lake of Marum volcano on Ambrym Island famous, Vanuatu. Coming to 30 meters from the lava lake by a stream, it was possible to take the heat for just 6 seconds. With a respirator Fire and heat resistant suit proximity could stand on the edge and see the amazing spectacle for over 40 minutes.

I'd have a hard time not wetting the heat resistant suit, walking up to that.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

To Wonderer2012, and everyone else that posted,

I WAS WRONG!

Once I was able to see the video on a full screen monitor and check out his other vids, I realized that I had made a mistake.

I apologize.

I'm an ash-hole!

Wonderer2012, I owe you a few stars and flags.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I WAS WRONG!

Once I was able to see the video on a full screen monitor and check out his other vids, I realized that I had made a mistake.

I apologize.

I'm an ash-hole!

Haha, don't be silly, we all jump to conclusions from time to time

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

I WAS WRONG!

I apologize.

I'm an ash-hole!

Haha, don't be silly, we all jump to conclusions from time to time

True, but that doesn't mean it does not cause harm when we do so. Especially when the first member to call fake has been around for about 3 years... And after the second accusation of fraud, how many people do you think actually stuck around or watched the video? And out of those who kept going, how many stayed after the third person chimed in with the "looks like a green screen" comment? Looks like about 10... Not bad for the most incredible REAL volcano of all time... I guess...? The apology from one member was sure polite... But I wonder if it was just too late for him to edit his accusational post, or... What? Cause that would've been a lot more helpful!

Let's face it... You may as well redo this thread. Maybe with assurances in the op that it is NOT fake. You can do it if you can find another forum that would be applicable... Like general discussion or fragile earth or even People...since this guy is known for doing dangerous videos you could put a partial focus on the man himself. I just think its a shame what these hooligans did to your thread.

Bless you for being so forgiving, we need more of that and less of the jumping of the conclusions and such. Especially when it is worded in a "I know for sure that what I'm saying is a fact" sort of a way, when the human thing to do would've been to say something more along the lines of "Well I'm not sure but that looks so awesome to me that it seems fake, but that could just be because its so awesome"... Instead, he stated that not only was it a fake, but it was so obvious that it was fake, so "bad that its good". I mean, it was case closed as far as he was concerned!

I say "the more human thing to do" because so many people around here act as if they are gods and they can know the impossible. Like this guy speaking as if he were there when the video was made!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join