It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Buying The Anti-Muslim Propaganda?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by penninja

Um....What's your point? To not allow immigrants to practice their religious beliefs? You've basically slammed Puritans, Mormons and Muslims. I don't have an issue with any of them.

If you want things to stay the same way, you're in the wrong universe, because the only thing guaranteed in this life is change.

You might say I'm pro-human. If somebody is a direct threat to me, that's a different matter. People peacefully practicing their religion is none of my fricking business, nor is it yours.

Can't you see that we're being brainwashed into hating people based on their religious beliefs, in order to justify illegal and immoral wars?

Yes, my daughter's boyfriend is "westernized", but he stil practices the faith of his family. This is true of many immigrants. My parents were immigrants. I was raised with a "live and let live" mentality.

I can think of a lot of Christians who are ridiculously hard-core (since I live in the Bible Belt), but I do not lump all Christians in the same vein, because not everybody is a religious zealot.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I have to admit, it is a disappointing one. You are exactly what the OP is talking about.

I just slammed "organized religion" get it right.

I certainly do not want things to stay the same...I want organized religion to fade from dominance entirely, it is absolutely NOT an issue of not changing just changing in which direction? I do not by nature want to control peoples beliefs but in this particular regard...I'd like to see them marginalized

I am Jewish by faith in theory I suppose but from a sane and deliberate vantage point of "agnosticism" not per say in the possible existence of a God but simply from a RATIONAL stand point of "how the hell would I or anyone else know for sure what he wants"

I light a menorah next to my xmas tree... it ends there, i'd be happy to throw out a Qwanza fruit bowl too and maybe even take A DAY where it's lame over the season to "respect" Ramadan but it ENDS at Tradition and I recognize it a as Tradition not some death dealing all pervasive message from God

So stop with the politically correct garbage, everyone knows WHO and WHAT I am talking about and certainly I am not attacking all Mormons, Christians, Muslims or Jews I am attacking BELIEFS that lead to rampant reproduction, inflexible behaviors, limitation of personal freedoms across the board.

and NO we don't need 20 or 40 or 80 Million more of those TYPES of PEOPLE from ANY faith under our democracy where they can screw it up even worse, They should NEVER be allowed to hold sway over a nation or posses destructive technology anywhere in the world and YES the mindset is a threat to humanity

And frankly, if I woke up tomorrow and found out.... Jerusalem, Mecca, Median, Tehran and Islamabad were all burning from a nuclear exchange...

I wouldn't cry... I'd go take a Potassium Iodide tape my windows and be content in the knowledge that science cures Cancer not God and Hope for the best knowing it was basically over, the pain, the stupidity, the war, the repression because the WHOLE WORLD would be ASHAMED to follow this stupidity for Centuries to come after they caused something like that.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i'm at the stage where i don't know who or what to trust anymore, so i trust no-one and nothing. i don't believe politician A more than politician B. i don't trust newspaper A more than newspaper B. i don't believe news channel A more than news channels B, C and D. my religious affiliations remain unchanged, at none. i know we're all being played at the end of the day, and the house always wins.
edit on 20/9/12 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by pavil
Radical Muslims must be the ones most propagating the Anti- Muslim Propaganda then. They seem to be doing a stellar job of it. No real need for anyone else, they seem to be sticking their own foot in their own mouths or other body openings.

Only five posts in, and this is the most starred response.

I'll bet that the majority of those who starred it have completely ignored the fact that the extremists violently protesting are the minority.

Enough with the discussions about "those extremists". That is not what this thread is about.

In your ineffable wisdom, you seem to fail to seem to see the posters point.

Radical Muslims must be the ones most propagating the Anti- Muslim Propaganda then.

I think the poster was pointing out that a majority of the problem are the radical types. Minority or not, they are causing the problem and giving their brethren a bad name.

Lets look at the Afghani situation logically.....

-The Afghani's want the occupying forces to leave.

-The occupying forces want to leave.

-The occupying forces can't leave because insurgents keep the area unstable.

All the Afghanis have to do is stop fighting and wait for the troops to leave.

The only thing keeping Afghanistan occupied are the fools who think that a religion is a license to slaughter infidels/non-believers.

If you want to leave, you leave. Let the people fight among themselves.
Fairly stupid to stay and then trumphet these are extremeist / rebels / fanatic.
Its THEIR country not the occupying force country for chrissake! Get out already.

Forcefully stepping into other people house then claiming they are extremist is damn stupid and yet it happen, worse, nutty heads support it. Laughing stock for generations to come.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I'll bet that the majority of those who starred it have completely ignored the fact that the extremists violently protesting are the minority.

Enough with the discussions about "those extremists". That is not what this thread is about.

If they are in such the minority, how do they wield such influence in the Arab world?. How did the Muslim Brotherhood come to power in Egypt? People need to really see things as they are, the "Arab Street" has never been moderate.

Now whose fault is that? That's a good question.

The basics of Freedom and Democracy have never really taken hold in an Arab Country.

Then let it be. Its their country. There are rebels in East Timor too, nobody give a damn about it. Bias.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I guess I am buying it. I don't hate people. I do hate a religion that is this evil. I am a total non-believer in any religion. I would die for your right to have one, I will tolerate that religion, I will be your friend. I will not tolerate you forcing your beliefs on me. There are many people on here who are much more eloquent in stating what I am trying to say.......................I do not believe Islam is a religion. I believe it is a disease that kills the humanity in those that it thrives in. Kill non-believers? Abuse women? Strap bombs on children and kill the innocent?
This is not religion, it is madness.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Op and all others .......you can post all you want about propoganda this and that, but the masses will always be against islam. Its inherently artificial and opposed to modernism and folks having regularity in 1st world countries.

Its one of the last old dinosaurs left and its a thorn in all of us as a world collectively moving forward and becoming integrated and unified as a whole.

I studied islam in uni prior to 9/11 and saw that it was garbage then and that it only applied to arab nations, so i have for over 15+ years been against it.

We are now witnessing a resolution to islam and its necessary to go through this so we can move forward even if it means ww III. These posts wont change anything as it is a long time coming that islam would eventually bump heads with the modern world on the world stage

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The NWO is laying it all on the line to get their war in the Mideast with Iran, and they are banking on the Romney Unit to steal the election.

ps: Is it true an Israeli firm named Elron/Voxeo is involved in the counting of US electoral votes?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Radical Muslims must be the ones most propagating the Anti- Muslim Propaganda then. They seem to be doing a stellar job of it. No real need for anyone else, they seem to be sticking their own foot in their own mouths or other body openings.

In your ineffable wisdom, you seem to fail to seem to see the posters point.

Radical Muslims must be the ones most propagating the Anti- Muslim Propaganda then.

I think the poster was pointing out that a majority of the problem are the radical types. Minority or not, they are causing the problem and giving their brethren a bad name.

Lets look at the Afghani situation logically.....

-The Afghani's want the occupying forces to leave.

-The occupying forces want to leave.

-The occupying forces can't leave because insurgents keep the area unstable.

All the Afghanis have to do is stop fighting and wait for the troops to leave.

The only thing keeping Afghanistan occupied are the fools who think that a religion is a license to slaughter infidels/non-believers.

If you want to leave, you leave. Let the people fight among themselves.
Fairly stupid to stay and then trumphet these are extremeist / rebels / fanatic.
Its THEIR country not the occupying force country for chrissake! Get out already.

Forcefully stepping into other people house then claiming they are extremist is damn stupid and yet it happen, worse, nutty heads support it. Laughing stock for generations to come.

No

Why get out?

This region has been a thorn in the side of the 2 world civilizations of all time coming together for a few Thousand Year, for one reason or another the people between Afghanistan and Europe have adamantly decided to Tax, pirate, interfere with any communication, trade, anything between East Asia and Europe. Why did Magellan need to "sail around the world" what was this "need" for a sea route?

What decency should we show to those who hold the world back... all the garbage reasons govts give... we all know they are nonsense, The world hinges on a Chinese oil pipeline and again... Lunatics in Afghanistan stand in the way of the modern silk road...

Russia, now America and finally this time China will eventually demographically have the capacity to end this after we fail, because in all respect these are the stubbornest, most dug in inflexible Tree Root of a people on Earth. But this time it will be over, you can't beat the demographic advantage of 1.5 billion Asians on your door combined with the tech and capacities of the modern world coming at your culture from the other-side, not forever at least.

All involved know this will be... Mission Near Impossible,a generation, failure, another generation another failure... and then finally numbers reduced to nothing and no infra structure Asia will finish it... and it's 2000 years overdue...it is now and always has been "The Hills Have Eye's" over there it's quite enough already.

"the troops don't want to be there" duh... who would, you join to serve not get stationed in Aruba to guard the floating bar...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Then go "serve" in their own country. Not nice to have North Korea patrolling Hawaii isnt it ?.

What happen to "Luke 6:31 NIV - Do to others as you would have them do" ?
Other than UN troops, I dont think any army should march on other country unless its in dumbass war situation. Whoops
then again whoopsie dadoo USA troops is a dodo.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bintim
I guess I am buying it. I don't hate people. I do hate a religion that is this evil. I am a total non-believer in any religion. I would die for your right to have one, I will tolerate that religion, I will be your friend. I will not tolerate you forcing your beliefs on me. There are many people on here who are much more eloquent in stating what I am trying to say.......................I do not believe Islam is a religion. I believe it is a disease that kills the humanity in those that it thrives in. Kill non-believers? Abuse women? Strap bombs on children and kill the innocent?
This is not religion, it is madness.

There is no force in religion. Look it up so you can be a wiser person. Unless you know it inside out, your current belief about Islam is flawed.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think it is silly to equate Hitlers quest to exterminate all except the Arian race so to speak with whats happening in the world today. You would be hard pressed to find even a minority of westerners that want to start some kind of genocide on the muslim society. I love how all the people who want to yell and scream about the Jews do this and the Jews do that and they want all out war with Iran. What will probably happen and is the only thing Israel and the west want is to hurt their ability to kill many people at once. No mass killing off of the Iranians. Why? because we have no issue with the moderate muslims. The problem lies with Irans fanantical leadership and their belief in bringing about the return of their saviour by starting a huge war against the infidels. The regular moderate muslims are very much like everyone else and there in lies the problem that is all over the world.

All these threads about the U.S. propping up evil dictators to get what we want is bs. Go to any place in the mideast for the first time and there is always the extreme bullies, possibly tempered by a few respected moderates, in charge because they are willing to kill anyone who does not do as they are told. So you have to deal with their leader who is always this type whether through religion or violence or both. They kill each other off in coups or whatever way they want to gain the throne so to speak and we deal with the next one and many times you are just working with the lesser of two evils because the moderates wont take charge, its not in their nature to be a bully and try take over unless they are severely repressed or the fanatics are taken out somehow.

Thats how this needs to go, moderates muslims need to take a real stand and gain control by sheer numbers or fight to the death trying, if not that will only leave us a few options. Give in and become muslims and allow the bullies to rule over us like they do in their lands now, or we fight them with everything we have and save as many moderates as we can and at some point allow the moderates to take control of the situation whenever a new extremists pops their head up. But Americans will never allow a group of peaceful people to be exterminated, whats happening in Syria is a perfect example of how people get sick of their leaders and try to get control back. Lets hope they can keep out the new bully and get some well deserved peace in their lives.

In the end we will try everything from talking to underhanded shady deals with the devils of society to get what we want and peace. Extremist in the U.S. are under the control of moderates by and large. We cant control the one time suicide types but once we recognize a group with a recurring theme we have to do what we have to do. To think we will commit genocide on any group that comes with a pen in hand instead of a sword is not something that will happen by the American society. To think otherwise is silly and continously pushing out threads about the world wide conspiracy to kill off the latest red headed stepchild of society is wreckless fear mongering. We here in the U.S. have had the ability to wipe the world clean many times over, probably the most powerful any nation has been in such a short lifespan. The Russians are pretty much in the same boat and we have given the Israelis the same abilities mostly, sure is funny we have not done it yet. Much like the stupidity of the other religions when the muslims had the power and ability to take over the world they tried to, but that time is past and they do not have that ability and we should not let the extremists muslims have anywhere near that ability again. I for one hope their own moderates gain the upper hand and go back to being the peaceful religion they are known as.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

A lot of beliefs in my life have been flawed. Maybe you are the one to teach me the correct ones?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Op and all others .......you can post all you want about propoganda this and that, but the masses will always be against islam. Its inherently artificial and opposed to modernism and folks having regularity in 1st world countries.

Its one of the last old dinosaurs left and its a thorn in all of us as a world collectively moving forward and becoming integrated and unified as a whole.

I studied islam in uni prior to 9/11 and saw that it was garbage then and that it only applied to arab nations, so i have for over 15+ years been against it.

We are now witnessing a resolution to islam and its necessary to go through this so we can move forward even if it means ww III. These posts wont change anything as it is a long time coming that islam would eventually bump heads with the modern world on the world stage

You are correct, Islam will bump heads with western world, but the collision is intentionally done. Fueled by media, both side is flaming. However it should be clear who is the enemy. Western mislabel Islam as the culprit, while the actual target is actually Syiite Muslim.

Its like labeling Christians as extremist when you are actually referring to the Catholics. Unless western sort this out, fullscale Jihad might erupt. You dont want fullscale Jihad, its terrible against western.

As a muslim person living in peaceful Islamic country, I'm offended when fingers pointing to Islam. I'm not offended if its point to Shiite/Wahabi/Sunni specifically. Entire Islamic world is watching this mislabel happen and we are patience about it because we are told to. Dont poke it too much.

Advise others about using the proper label. Make a post about it - proper labeling of Muslims/Islam.
Western - Name your target properly instead of a general one.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

First you claim the radicals are only a small minority, then you say "Whats the problem with them being in charge of the largest Arab Country in the world"? See the problem with that? When a minority ends up running a nation, usually bad things follow from that. We will see if history repeats itself.

We will see how the Muslim Brotherhood plays out, but so far they seem to not be very "all inclusive" and pretty Anti American. I'm pretty sure this wasn't the government the protesters in Tahrir Square were anticipating in a "new Egypt". When the next set of elections in Egypt comes up, do you have faith that they will be fair and free elections? I'm not saying the previous government in Egypt was great, far from it, but the things the MB has already done lead me to believe they won't be any better at allowing dissent and freedom of speech and religion.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bintim

A lot of beliefs in my life have been flawed. Maybe you are the one to teach me the correct ones?

No, not me. Its yourself. You must find it yourself. I can only point the path. What you will learn and deduct is up to you. If you really sincere, go with Sunni, others are fairly "extreme" sort of.

Warning: Make sure you are REALLY prepared before you leap into Islam. Its a total submission to one god and nothing about killing others. Never was actually. Its more about god and you than anything else IMHO. Even the prophet is a normal person, no worship him. Also, no work around like Christians.

This is why I'm get really irritated. Islam teach god and you and worship and god and worship and you, repeat the boring stuff forever. Yet, people blaming Islam for stuffs. Its like accusing a Buddhist monk of rampage killing. WTH ??

All in all, Islam is much like orthodox jews, although not that hard. If the teaching properly executed, a Muslim is a very very "soft" person indeed.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I think you are replying to the wrong person. Reread my posts. Not a single word about minority or whatever.

I just meant to say - "Get out and leave the quarreling kids alone, its their country, let it burn or whatever, its theirs."

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Sigh, it's this thread again. Listen here Detached Individual, unlike your and many idiots here on Above Top Secret, I've had the "opportunity" to experience what Islam in the West does first hand. You see, I'm raised American since the age of three. I come from Europe originally.

When I moved back to Europe in 2000, it wasn't that bad. And the Islamic populace wasn't too big here. (In my area.) And for the most part, the Muslims I met were alright folks. But then time ticked on and I started to see more and more immigrate to my area. Suddenly, we're having little areas where JUST Muslims congregate. Entire streets filled with their stores, apartments and much more.

Soon you couldn't enter some places of my area because it was too dangerous to go. You'd get beaten by roving gangs of Muslim immigrants. Women would get raped (and it continues), even the elderly are raped and beaten. Not saying it happens every day, but often. And when it does happen, it IS a Muslim immigrant that's caught.

My area was a very peaceful place. You could spend your nights walking the streets and nothing would happen. Now? It's a hell hole. The major gangs around here are Muslim owned. So big have these gangs gotten that the cops are AFRAID to enter certain areas.

You see, unlike you and the other idiots I don't need a damn TV or radio telling me to fear the Muslims. Because I get to f****** see what they do every day with my OWN two eyes. I never, EVER had any thing against any certain group before I came here. Yes, there is a line drawn between "Them" and "Us". And guess what? We WEREN'T the ones who drew that line!

We've given and given to the Muslims. They get FREE drivers licenses which many of my countrymen can't even afford. They get FREE housing and the RIGHT to rent it out and POCKET the earnings. I don't mind helping those in need out, but that's not what this is about.

It's about we GIVE AND GIVE AND GIVE and in return, we're beaten, raped and murdered. They demand MORE and more and more. When they don't get it, we get "peaceful riots" threatening our way of life with terrorist actions. You don't believe me? Google is your friend. And believe me, it's not "propaganda" it's how LIFE in Europe has become.

I've had enough of it. If they don't like the west and how we live then GET OUT.

Sorry if I seem upset, but I've had it up to HERE with people telling me that what I've experienced and seen with my own two eyes "didn't happen" because "Muslims are so peaceful". Right, my previous neighborhood that I can't go, where even the cops fear to tread is all safe and cozy because the Muslims running around attacking people isn't really happening according to you and other idiot ATS'ers.

**Edit**
Thought I'd also share a couple of stories.

One happened to me and a friend of mine from the States visiting. We were at a party, he and I were talking English when all of a sudden a Muslim behind us asks, "How did you like the gift we gave you?". We looked at him thinking he was going to tell us a joke or something when he said, "9/11".

Come to find out, he was arrested for beating and threatening his European girlfriend because she left him.

A friend of mine a couple of years ago was met with a GROUP of Muslim youth at his doorstep at 4 in the morning brandishing baseball bats. He asked them "WTF are you all doing?" and they were pissed off because he didn't say "hi" to one of them a year ago!

Here's a couple of videos:

And on another note, massive immigration (multiculturalism) has failed.

Islam = Violence.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Auricom because: See *Edit*

edit on 20-9-2012 by Auricom because: (Spelling)

edit on 20-9-2012 by Auricom because: Added a couple of videos.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I am not looking to leap into any religion......I do not believe any religion is the answer to my questions. Maybe in the next life I'll fall for it again.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

It gets a little hard following a thread sometimes, I was attributing some comments made by others to your post.

Oops.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

What concerns me is that the number of those falling for this propaganda war is rising. It might have started out with the knuckle-dragging white-power neo Nazi, but it has quickly spread. Normally the posters on ATS are more rational than this, but I fear that this is a microcosm of what might be happening out in the real world away from forums.

This is it - absolutely. I hear things come out of the mouths of people in my personal life now that I never thought I'd hear

I hear it or read it everywhere...it's crazy

Star and Flag detachedindividual - nothing else to say really - you said it all

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join