It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Buying The Anti-Muslim Propaganda?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
After all of the discussions on ATS over the last week, I worry that there is a massive change in public sentiment taking place.

If you've studied history, you know what this is about. The German population didn't just wake up one day with a hatred of all Jewish people, all gay people, artists, writers and poets. They were CONDITIONED to hate, they were lied to, coerced, bombarded and brainwashed into viewing millions of people as enemies - worthy of killing.

It didn't matter what the individual had done, or not done, all were deemed to be worthy of attack.

Take a look at the following, and tell me whether you think these quotes are from Nazis about their enemies, or people today, in our countries, speaking about all Muslim people...

I've removed identifying words, to give you a challenge, but the sentiment is unchanged.

It is time to face facts. [REMOVED] is an enemy to [REMOVED]. It is time to deal with them

I think these mad [REMOVED] underestimate white man.There are plenty of people ready to crush them like worms.

Maybe they are the few who understand the futility of [REMOVED] forced upon us and are taking a stand. Some might say racism.

As for the [REMOVED] terrorizing countries,why should we pander to them?

I cannot stand [REMOVED]. I find them to be savages, ignorant and expansionist

It really is embarrassing to call them humans.

History says [REMOVED] was a pedophile, a murderer, a savage, an idolator, a rapist, a thief, illiterate, a liar

Can you work out which of these above quotes are from Germans in WW2?

Wait for it...

None of them are, they are all taken from posts on ATS, most from the same thread, all from individuals attacking Islam and Muslim people in general.

These people are not attacking the minority who protested or acted violently, they are attacking millions of people, combining them all into one group to hate. It doesn't matter if the Muslim person is moderate, gay, a poet, a thinker, man woman or child, these opinions are expressed against ALL MUSLIMS.

We have groups of people in our western nations now planning a counter protest against all Muslim protests. We have the same people screaming about their own freedoms, attacking the freedoms of others because a minority abuse them.

There are large numbers of complete idiots currently planning to attack the freedoms of others in their country, for protesting against the freedoms they have. This is an insane circle of hypocrisy, with both sides of the protesting crowds guilty of complete and utter stupidity.

What concerns me is that the number of those falling for this propaganda war is rising. It might have started out with the knuckle-dragging white-power neo Nazi, but it has quickly spread. Normally the posters on ATS are more rational than this, but I fear that this is a microcosm of what might be happening out in the real world away from forums.

We have several xenophobic groups planning to protest or show the pathetic little YouTube video in the coming months. We have warnings that radical Islamic groups are likely to increase in number in response to both the original video and the coming clashes in the streets. Likewise, it's reasonable to assume that racist and nationalist groups will also increase their numbers as a result of this.

We are walking into a storm, people are buying the polarization, people are willingly falling for the crusade mentality. And some people - some nations - will benefit greatly while they watch us all fall.

I welcome the discussion, but can we please keep this limited to discussion about the polarization of nations and people, who is responsible, what people are experiencing and personal perceptions? We've had enough discussion about the film, the cartoons and the protests outside of our nations.

I intend this thread to be a discussion about how this is going to play out, whether you think you are falling for the propaganda (whoever is responsible) and what you plan to do about it.

Please leave your opinions of religious groups at the door, it's not welcome in this discussion.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I know. I was in one of those threads. And it isn't just the anti-Islam/Muslim pom-pom waving either. There seem to be alot of people on ATS that are really quick to snap-judgements, generalizations and stereotypes. No one seems prepared to vet information before they get their panties all twisted-up.

When times are difficult it seems that as a culture we are always looking for someone to blame. And I don't mean the U.S. either. I mean 'the West' as a culture. From what we see of the ME it appears they are prone to the same sorts of reactions. It's sad and I believe it's dangerous as history has shown time and again. We decry ethnic violence in Africa, E. Europe and the M.E. but seem quick to fall victim to the same thing here. It's troubling.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Radical Muslims must be the ones most propagating the Anti- Muslim Propaganda then. They seem to be doing a stellar job of it. No real need for anyone else, they seem to be sticking their own foot in their own mouths or other body openings.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Radical Muslims must be the ones most propagating the Anti- Muslim Propaganda then. They seem to be doing a stellar job of it. No real need for anyone else, they seem to be sticking their own foot in their own mouths or other body openings.

Sample of hatred. No need to look far.
The op request for discussion, not finger pointing.

OP, it is as what you have mentioned. You need to light up the fire slowly before its boiled. It is as what the prophecy have mentioned and that is very very worry some stuff. The number of people buying into the agenda is really big, on both side and this escalate things more. I think we will see a "Warm War", not explosive but its still hot.

This planet sucks.
edit on 20-9-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Yes I see where your coming from on this, always in history there has always been a bogey man, eg Russia, now China, yes there is certainly lots saying Muslims are the scum of the earth, o yes I heard it in towns too, same as you have.
As I have said on here a few times it is just a few getting the people against the many, if you good could sort your bad one's out life would be okay for all.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
never have believed the propaganda.. have travelled enough and seen enough ... along with know how to think for myself...find it disgusting more so when see people who are otherwise intelligent believe and spout the lies and propaganda they're fed...

edit on 20/9/12 by Expat888 because: translation error..

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

So you are requesting that we not express opinions regarding religion in this this thread but isn't their religion the driving factor for their motivation to carry out acts of violent intolerance for others who do not follow their prophet? I have no interest in living under sharia law, knowing their prophet or respecting their ways and if that offends them I could care less.

edit on 20-9-2012 by starshift because: addition

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Only five posts in, and this is the most starred response.

I'll bet that the majority of those who starred it have completely ignored the fact that the extremists violently protesting are the minority.

Enough with the discussions about "those extremists". That is not what this thread is about.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
No I am not buying it.....

I've pretty much always been anti muslim....

Let me qualify that. I have a few acquaintances that are muslim. I have no individual personal problem with them.

But I am opposed to the actions of them collectively because tennents of their religion are diametricly opposed to "our" culture. By that I mean western liberalism. The basic proponents of what they beleive are incompatable with western liberalism and most Judeo/Christian values. In the long term the two cultures cannot coexist. when they do there is almost always some sort of friction and/or violence. (there are some exceptions but they are few and far between).

Look I am a Christian, but I don't want, nor is the US set up to be, a theocracy. Despite some well (and not so well intentions) the vast majority of modern Chrsitians do not want a theocracy in the US (most Christians can't agree on half of what we beleive) And Chrsitiainty is about a spiritual relationship not a state governing system. Seperation of Church and state goes both ways, and was originally intended to keep the state out of the church, not the other way around. But I digress.

But having your theology be your governing authority, not a good idea, and it is just that in the majority of Islamic states, to one degree or another.....

Look, there maybe some serious conspiracies that place incorrect blame on muslims. We probably shouldn't be involved wtth the ME in the way we are, occupying land in what primarily has to do with controlling the oil trade. That doesn't change the fact that the two cultures are basicly incompatable.

Christianity had a Reformation
Islam has not.

That's also a key difference to the two. You tend NOT to see that much muslim outcry against say, Al Queda or Muslim Brother hood. Contrast that with Christianity, far fewer extremists, and only rarely violent, and the mainstream churches speak out against those that groups that do use violence or extreme hate......contrasted with Islam, very little outcry. .
edit on 20-9-2012 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2012 by SrWingCommander because: edit SP and additional content

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by starshift

So you are requesting that we not express opinions regarding religion in this this thread but isn't their religion the driving factor for their motivation to carry out acts of violent intolerance for others who do not follow their prophet? I have no interest in living under Sharia law and if that offends them I could care less.

Oh man!

This is NOT ABOUT THAT!

Read the OP, this is about the polarization of YOUR PEOPLE against an entire group of "outsiders" and the escalating rhetoric between those groups.

You can replace the Muslim element with any other - gay people, black people, Jewish people, Christian people, ginger people! It doesn't make any difference, this is a discussion about the mentality of idiots in our countries and others, no matter what they believe, and the likely outcomes of that.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by starshift

So you are requesting that we not express opinions regarding religion in this this thread but isn't their religion the driving factor for their motivation to carry out acts of violent intolerance for others who do not follow their prophet? I have no interest in living under Sharia law and if that offends them I could care less.

Oh man!

This is NOT ABOUT THAT!

Read the OP, this is about the polarization of YOUR PEOPLE against an entire group of "outsiders" and the escalating rhetoric between those groups.

You can replace the Muslim element with any other - gay people, black people, Jewish people, Christian people, ginger people! It doesn't make any difference, this is a discussion about the mentality of idiots in our countries and others, no matter what they believe, and the likely outcomes of that.

I will say this. While I am 100% against Islamic governance and it's expanding attempts to iinfiltrate/intergrate into western society; I am almost equally skeptical of any move against them, as it could easily be used as grounds for doing the same to any other group, especially religious. Serious double edged sword.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I have nothing against Islam in general, it's the extremists I'm fed up with. And that goes for extremists in any religion not just Islam. I do, however, wish that more moderate Muslims would make a stand against the extremists as the extremists are painting their way of life in an unflattering light.

It's sad that this will generate more hate, I make an effort to remind myself that the extremists do not equal all Muslims.

ETA: I'm hoping that I will be wrong and that this won't cause a major divide but I really do see this as something that will cause a major # storm of which we are only seeing the beginning.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Miri08 because: because

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I find the timing of this quite convenient whilst the war drums are starting to beat louder at Iran.
Take a look at the comments in the video on youtube, they are extremely venomous from both muslims and non-muslims.
In fact look at the comments on the russia today videos on youtube who are reporting on the protests.
As always, I think a very clever game is being played to plant the seeds of what's coming.
We are like putty in tptb hands.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I'll bet that the majority of those who starred it have completely ignored the fact that the extremists violently protesting are the minority.

Enough with the discussions about "those extremists". That is not what this thread is about.

In your ineffable wisdom, you seem to fail to seem to see the posters point.

Radical Muslims must be the ones most propagating the Anti- Muslim Propaganda then.

I think the poster was pointing out that a majority of the problem are the radical types. Minority or not, they are causing the problem and giving their brethren a bad name.

Lets look at the Afghani situation logically.....

-The Afghani's want the occupying forces to leave.

-The occupying forces want to leave.

-The occupying forces can't leave because insurgents keep the area unstable.

All the Afghanis have to do is stop fighting and wait for the troops to leave.

The only thing keeping Afghanistan occupied are the fools who think that a religion is a license to slaughter infidels/non-believers.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Before you were anti muslim I'm guessing you were anti communist.

Am I right ?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid

OP, it is as what you have mentioned. You need to light up the fire slowly before its boiled. It is as what the prophecy have mentioned and that is very very worry some stuff. The number of people buying into the agenda is really big, on both side and this escalate things more. I think we will see a "Warm War", not explosive but its still hot.

This planet sucks.

Whatever.... how can you discuss when the main source of the topic is off limits?

I would contend that Radical Muslim groups are actually seeking this conflict, not the rest of the world scapegoating them. OBL in an interview with Time Magazine, well prior to 9/11, stated he was in a war with the West that would last Decades if not Centuries. Say all the drivel you want, still doesn't excuse all the things that Radical Muslims have been documented doing in the world the last 15 to 20 years. Look at their actions and tell me it is Western propaganda against them.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Before you were anti muslim I'm guessing you were anti communist.

Am I right ?

Absolutely....still am.

Communists and Radical Muslims......restricting the rights of good decent people everywhere.....Nazi's too, but they aren't to much of a threat anymore....

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Oh....and while generally conservative...I am not a republican..........figured I would beat you to the punch

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

If they are in such the minority, how do they wield such influence in the Arab world?. How did the Muslim Brotherhood come to power in Egypt? People need to really see things as they are, the "Arab Street" has never been moderate.

Now whose fault is that? That's a good question.

The basics of Freedom and Democracy have never really taken hold in an Arab Country.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid

This planet sucks.

Whatever.... how can you discuss when the main source of the topic is off limits?

Because the main point of the topic is not Islam, it's the polarization of people based on false ideas about a minority group.

Think about the Nazis in WW2 and how they managed to convince millions of German citizens to hate Jewish people, gay people, intellectuals, the press...

Do you get it now?

This is not about whether you agree with Islamic beliefs or not (I really don't care), this is about the rising of the idiot masses against ANY group of people within their country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join