It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More objects near the sun?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

like I said, I seen what I seen here so knowing to myself that there is no such thing as coincidences , the fact that the video shows them around same timeframe they were here in my cul de sac tells me that cosmic rays are not the case for what i seen and most likely not what is shown in that video that has you easily dismissable. Only way we'll know for sure is if the world starts seeing it with their own eyes and not a lens.
edit on 20-9-2012 by ZeroUnlmtd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I would agree that anyone has the right to post anything they want.

If, however, it amounts to pseudo-science, then you have to be ready to take the heat. Trying to get any other meaningful data out of SOHO/LASKO besides solar prominence and solar wind data (with the exception of capturing a few grazing or death plunge comets) is about the same as getting it from a kaleidoscope.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

I seen what I seen here so knowing to myself that there is no such thing as coincidences , the fact that the video shows them around same timeframe they were here in my cul de sac tells me that cosmic rays are not the case for what i seen and most likely not what is shown in that video that has you easily dismissable.

I know there actually is such a thing as coincidence (like when I get into the shower and the phone rings...dammit, I hate that).

The fact that the human eye doesn't detect cosmic rays very well makes me agree that is not what you saw. The fact that CCDs do, and the fact that they very commonly appear in the images indicates that that is exactly what they are. Just because the videos show it in recent images doesn't mean it is anything new. As I said, you can find it in nearly every image and have been able to for many years.

Why you think something seen very frequently in images of the Sun has anything to do with something you saw "in your face" beats the hell out of me. The "objects" in the video are cosmic ray strikes. I don't know what you saw but they are not the same thing.

edit on 9/20/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I seen what I seen here so knowing to myself that there is no such thing as coincidences , the fact that the video shows them around same timeframe they were here in my cul de sac tells me that cosmic rays are not the case for what i seen and most likely not what is shown in that video that has you easily dismissable.

I know there is actually is such a thing as coincidence (like when I get into the shower and the phone rings...dammit, I hate that).

The fact that the human eye doesn't detect cosmic rays very well makes me agree that is not what you saw. The fact that CCDs do, and the fact that they very commonly appear in the images indicates that that is exactly what they are. Just because the videos show it in recent images doesn't mean it is anything new. As I said, you can find it in nearly every image and have been able to for many years.

Why you think something seen very frequently in images of the Sun has anything to do with something you saw "in your face" beats the hell out of me. The "objects" in the video are cosmic ray strikes. I don't know what you saw but they are not the same thing.

Phage -- you need to open your own fan page. I think you have quite a following, and if you need a manager, I am your man. :_)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

First one is a crown filament cavity. Not exactly an object, just a lack of plasma.
people.hao.ucar.edu...

Second one(s) are planets, cosmic ray strikes, and instrument artifacts. Not one "object near the Sun".

Whatever. I respect your right to post your opinions, and I think any poster's right to post what they consider to be mysteries or conspiracies should be respected as well, as long as any poster knows they open themselves up to debunking (respectful) which they must endure gracefully.

I'm definitely not referring to you, but I think it is the height of irony and folly for some posters to come on this thread and others and try to insinuate or directly state some topics should not be posted about or talked about. This ATS, not the Huffington Post. I think posts stating such should be referred to the mods.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
I would agree that anyone has the right to post anything they want.

If, however, it amounts to pseudo-science, then you have to be ready to take the heat. Trying to get any other meaningful data out of SOHO/LASKO besides solar prominence and solar wind data (with the exception of capturing a few grazing or death plunge comets) is about the same as getting it from a kaleidoscope.

Definitely, people have a right to post about topics which they consider mysterious or possibly to be conspiracies, but as you and I said above they have to be ready to endure at the least debunking, if they can't accept it.

However, no one has the right to dictate what is and is not talked about on here.

About psuedo - science, remember that almost every theory and/or law accepted or proposed by science today was considered psuedo science at one point decades or centuries in the past.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

but I think it is the height of irony and folly for some posters to come on this thread and others and try to insinuate or directly state some topics should not be posted about or talked about.

Where in this thread did this happen? I really think you've got them in a wad over nothing here.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

but I think it is the height of irony and folly for some posters to come on this thread and others and try to insinuate or directly state some topics should not be posted about or talked about.

Where in this thread did this happen? I really think you've got them in a wad over nothing here.

I was referring to this post:

Originally posted by Druscilla

No personal disrespect intended OP, but, I really do wish people would stop posting these "something near the sun" videos to Youtube where they invariably wind up here.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

No personal disrespect intended OP, but, I really do wish people would stop posting these "something near the sun" videos to Youtube where they invariably wind up here.

Not gonna give a long explanation. What you accused her of is not in that quote.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Not gonna give a long explanation. What you accused her of is not in that quote.

I guess we learned a different version of English.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I guess we learned a different version of English.

You still have time to learn it properly. Happy to school ya.

She said

Emphasis mine

To which you replied

No one has the right to suggest OP's stop posting threads such as this - read the ATS T&C's.

That didn't happen, read carefully.

BTW, Im curious as to exactly which portion of T&C would prohibit one from actually suggesting just such a thing?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Newest objects near the Sun videos! I know some of you are really interested in these, given by the attention to this thread.

It is obvious this object is interacting with flares from the Sun, so is not just a peice of space dust or whatever on the lens of the satellite. Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

If it's not something on the lens, why doesn't it move at all?

Where's the links to time and dates this was seen?

And to the satellite that filmed this?

Are you always so flippant with what you deem to be real, or do you suffer from confirmation bias so badly that anything that agrees with your beliefs MUST be true?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

If it's not something on the lens, why doesn't it move at all?

Where's the links to time and dates this was seen?

And to the satellite that filmed this?

Are you always so flippant with what you deem to be real, or do you suffer from confirmation bias so badly that anything that agrees with your beliefs MUST be true?

1. Ever hear of a geosynchronous orbit?

2. Copy the URL and paste it in your browser, you will see the original video play on Youtube, look in lower left-hand corner for date and time info.

3. Just putting it out there, don't take it so personally or seriously. There are a thousand threads right now on ATS with similar posts, if you can't handle that then maybe ATS isn't for you.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

1. Ever hear of a geosynchronous orbit?

Oh my, do tell the tale of the geosynchronous orbit of SOHO!

look in lower left-hand corner for date and time info.

Had you taken your own advice you might have noticed LASCO in that lower left hand corner of the video. If you're not familiar with the fact that LASCO is aboard the SOHO craft, a quick check of the facts could have prevented that error. SOHO is in a halo orbit about the L1 point, not the Earth.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

A geosynchronous orbit still means it moves.

If it was in a geosynchronous orbit around the sun, it would follow the sun as it orbits.

So again, it doesn't move despite the fact that the satellite filming it is moving and it apparently is also orbiting the sun...

The other points, I find it very disingenuous to not provide all the facts and pertinent information straight up, it suggests they're hiding something whilst hiding behind a veil of their version of "truth".

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd

Like I said, its 2012 , there is no such thing as coincidence people. Read the following link to see what is happening all around us this month and last month, spread awareness people

I have an idea. Next time you think you see something strange in these images, go here first.

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil.../transits
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Poke around and follow the links. You will find explanations for almost everything shown. Try to eliminate the commonplace first. It's something that most jokers on youtube fail to do.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Please refer to this thread. The "object" has been there for a long time. It seems to be dust on the CCD or somewhere in the optical path.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Here is a pic I grapped off SOHO.I have never seen it posted.Please view and reply.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov... ESSING/Completed/2011/c3/20110808/20110808_0506_c3_512.jpg

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

www.970wfla.com... =WFLA-AM&program_name=podcast&program_id=Earl_Pitts.xml&mid=22755187

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join