It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: ‘You Can’t Change Washington from the Inside’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by talklikeapirat
Was there ever the honest intention to really change things, or a real effort. The man repeatedly stated: To do the same thing over and over and expect different results is insanity. He should have heeded his own words.

Barack Obama campaigned on a pledge to bring change to Washington. "I don't want to just end the war," he said early this year. "I want to end the mindset that got us into war." That is going to be very difficult if Obama employs a foreign policy team that was central to creating that mindset, before and during the presidency of George W. Bush.

Hawks

Romney will be no different. He has left no doubt of it and his 'team' is comprised of the same old guard.

Drop the nonsense of whos # stinks more. There are only a couple weeks left to actually start working together.
And it will be the one last chance.

Whether Romney is different or not...we KNOW how Obama is. He has provided NO solutions. Get him the heck out. Who would provide more security for Susan Rice than our embassies? People need to wake the heck up.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Alright, Romney wins in november and Obama is out, then what...?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

There you go. Now you're thinking.

President Mitt Romney with 301 Electoral Votes. This is what the Electoral map will look like

on November 7, 2012.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Ok, thinking what, that you are a funny dude?

You, being a real patriot, what do you want, aside from desperately getting Obama out of the White House and Romney in? What do you want for your country?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

President Mitt Romney with 301 Electoral Votes. This is what the Electoral map will look like

on November 7, 2012.

I disagree with your map in 3 states. I don't think Romney will take NV or OH. However, I do think there is a real chance he takes PA. So, Romney wins, but with only 297 electoral votes

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by afeent1

on November 7, 2012.

I disagree with your map in 3 states. I don't think Romney will take NV or OH. However, I do think there is a real chance he takes PA. So, Romney wins, but with only 297 electoral votes

I agree it's going to be a close election, but if Romney wins with only 297 electoral votes, there will be one heck of a lawsuit from the Obama camp to retain office.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The COMPLETE quote:

"The most important lesson I've learned is that you can't change Washington from the inside. You can only change it from the outside," Obama said.

"That's how I got elected and that's how the big accomplishments like healthcare got done, was because we mobilized the American people to speak out. That's how we were able to cut taxes for middle-class families," the president said.

Obama said that in a second term he would maintain "a much more constant conversation with the American people" to attempt to leverage their support to spur Congress to act on his agenda.

Emphasis mine. The context being he (Obama) needed the vocal support of the American people to effect changes in Washington.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

on November 7, 2012.

I agree it's going to be a close election, but if Romney wins with only 297 electoral votes, there will be one heck of a lawsuit from the Obama camp to retain office.

There will be no lawsuit. The entire Obama family is very excited about moving into their

new home on the island of Oahu. Here is their new address:

President Obama
210 North Kalaheo Avenue
Kailua, Hawaii 96734

On Zillow.com it shows they got it on sale! Only $29,000,000.

They got the swimming pool all wrong but the staircase looks great!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

on November 7, 2012.

There will be no lawsuit. The entire Obama family is very excited about moving into their

new home on the island of Oahu. Here is their new address:

President Obama
210 North Kalaheo Avenue
Kailua, Hawaii 96734

On Zillow.com it shows they got it on sale! Only $29,000,000.

They got the swimming pool all wrong but the staircase looks great!

I hope you're right. Even though...It sure is a nice place for $29mil. Maybe we should be asking for Obama to share his tax returns. Then, we can ask 'How are you able to afford this type of luxury style of living?' The Obama gang always seems to call others out for having a sucessful career and for spending money, maybe it's time to call his personal spendings out.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Romney said the same thing in 2008

If you watch Chaos on Bullsh!t mountain you will see.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

on November 7, 2012.

You must be silly... Obama is constantly polling ahead of Mitt in Florida, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Virginia,
Iowa, Colorado and New Mexico.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

on November 7, 2012.

You must be silly... Obama is constantly polling ahead of Mitt in Florida, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Virginia,
Iowa, Colorado and New Mexico.

Do you mean the polls that consistently poll significantly more Democrats then Republicans? Do you mean the polls that are basing their data on the numbers who voted in 2008 and not on who is likely to vote in this election?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by afeent1

The War on Terror is back. Al Qaeda hit us hard in Benghazi.

Obama can't spike the football anymore over the death of Bin Laden.

Ambassador Chris Stevens was tortured before they killed him.

-------------
The Obama supporters are discouraged. - Just Stay Home -

President Mitt Romney moves into the White House January 2013.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I don't see how this is a gaffe at all as the article suggests. He is telling the truth, and it shows that he is actually interested in changing the corruption in Washington D.C. Plus, that is an awesome house.
edit on 22-9-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join