It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: ‘You Can’t Change Washington from the Inside’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I don't agree with Obama on just about everything, but this is one thing I agree with him. Obama: ‘You Can’t Change Washington from the Inside’

President Obama has learned something during his presidency: You can’t change Washington from the inside.

“The most important lesson I’ve learned is that you can’t change Washington from the inside,” he told a Univision forum Thursday. “You can only change it from the outside.”
(Source)

So to show my support, I'm going to vote for the other guy. I want to give Mr. Obama a chance to change Washington from the outside.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

I don't agree with Obama on just about everything, but this is one thing I agree with him. Obama: ‘You Can’t Change Washington from the Inside’

President Obama has learned something during his presidency: You can’t change Washington from the inside.

“The most important lesson I’ve learned is that you can’t change Washington from the inside,” he told a Univision forum Thursday. “You can only change it from the outside.”
(Source)

I'm glad he feels that way.....

That means there is absolutely NO REASON for a second term.

edit on 20-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yep Yep

That Does there is absolutely no reason to vote for Obama in 2012.

See ya O.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
In a ways he is absolutley right, it takes money, and massive lobbying to effect real change.

What with Citizen united the wheels of government are fueled with corporate lobbying, it was naive of him to think he could change government on his lonesome.

Would of been nice if he had gone in with a non-partisan attitude encompassing both sides rep and dem, maybe we would of had some real "change"

But again the partisan divide is destroying this country, people believing too strongly in the two party system.

From senators who wont vote across that line, to every day citizens who also refuse to do the same despite common sense.

No issue is black and white, no issue is Rep or dem, trying living day to day like that, you might find yourself in a similar situation that our country finds it self in.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

(Source)

I'm glad he feels that way.....

That means there is absolutely NO REASON for a second term.

edit on 20-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

I'm glad you felt that way.....

That means there is absolutely NO REASON for a White House afterall.

Why have a government at all if they wont listen or do what people want.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

He's right?

The guy who said "he doesn't like lobbyists" but then turns around and wants to become one?

Yeah that is a flip flopper.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You know, I'v started to notice a pattern in you're posts and its very speculative to say the least. I know people have an agenda but jeez. . And the amount of stars you have is worrying.

Anyhow, Obama has a point. Look at it this way, no Government no matter how many good people are in it has changed for the good of the common man, its always been people power. Berlin wall, women's rights, slavery, just to name a few - All changed because of us, not a magic wand of the president.

Romney nor Obama can change the white house.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by benrl

He's right?

The guy who said "he doesn't like lobbyists" but then turns around and wants to become one?

Yeah that is a flip flopper.

Yes compared to Romney the ultimate flip flopper whose message changes depending on who hes talking to.

Their both clowns who don't deserve to hold public office.

Keep banging that partisan drum, meanwhile the country is burning and its leaders are tearing this country apart with their partisan bickering...

No problem gets solved until we all see the lie that the two party system is.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If you can't change Washington, but it can change you. Then what is the point. Lead, Follow or Get Out Of The Way!

Time is up. NEXT =>

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Obama, hes slick at speaking out of both sides of his mouth.
He really knows he has changed Washington for the worse, and its far
more corrupt now than when he took office.

Who does he think he is fooling?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
He's absolutely right, although there is a point of contention I would like to make.At the stage we're currently at you can't significantly change it from the outside either. That is unless you are extremely wealthy, then you may be able to finagle some legislation through. The whole system has become an entirely disconnected system from the people it is supposed to represent. Of course you could make the argument that it has been this way for quite a while and people are just starting to realize the fact.Anyone claiming that this statement from Obama is reason enough to replace him with Romney is just plain foolish. The men like Romney are exactly what has led us to this point as it is. Is this my endorsement of Obama? Absolutely not. You're asking me to choose between a $!@t sandwich and piss lemonade, and to be honest both prospects disgust me.Garbage inGarbage out

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Did it really take him four years to realize this? Oh well maybe he'll put a ron paul sticker on air force one.

Obama finally tells the truth, he failed. I actually respect him a bit more now.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Nevertheless, hes still a puppet and he knew it long time ago. I do pity with him when he learned the truth - hes still not at the top. At least he still able to with hold the war from commencing.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Obama, hes slick at speaking out of both sides of his mouth.
He really knows he has changed Washington for the worse, and its far
more corrupt now than when he took office.

Who does he think he is fooling?

Here's some old videos from 2008...........

Barack Obama spoke to hundreds today at a town hall meeting in Fairless Hills, PA. Below is a press release regarding the success of the event.

March 11, 2008

Barack Obama TOWN HALL MEETING in Fairless Hills, PA-Part 10

Here is what Candidate Obama wanted for our country when he was running for President of the United States of America. He said that "we are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America."

What he meant was what he said in the video, or was it? Or maybe he meant that he wanted to uproot our Republic and make it into something of his liking, something that would allow the "redistribution" of wealth like he promised during the election. Maybe he wants a country where those who produce supplement those who do not produce.

Obama said on February 16, 2008; "Don't tell me that words don't matter." Are we to believe him? Do words really matter? Is "fundamentally transforming America" what he was talking about in this speech? Or is it something else that he wants to do to our country. Only you can decide that. You be the judge. Your judgment will be counted on Election Day 2012.

Obama: "Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America"

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
“I don't think you change Washington from the inside. I think you change it from the outside,"
-- Mitt Romney (2007) (source)

“Most important is you can’t change Washington from inside, only from the outside. That’s how some of our biggest accomplishments like healthcare got done — mobilizing the American people.”
-- Barack Obama (2012)

“I can change Washington, I will change Washington, we’ll get the job done from the inside.”
-- Mitt Romney (2012)

First Romney says he'll get the job done from the outside. Then he says he'll get the job done from the inside. He's trying to appeal to every voter from every position. He adopts opposing positions, depending on who he is talking to and what day of the week it is.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

(Source)

So to show my support, I'm going to vote for the other guy. I want to give Mr. Obama a chance to change Washington from the outside.

President Obama is an idiot. He had total control of the house and senate for over two years. And there isn't one person on this site who can dispute this. If that isn't an opportunity to change from the inside, I don't know what is. His lack of leadership is appalling. There isn't one thing he couldn't have passed or done during that time....and he didn't even need executive power. I am so sick and tired of people who defend him.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

That was nice of you to take Romney out of context…you know his comments were not the same as Obama. Let’s put his comments in context to be fair (from your source):

"Probably my best capability is in building a good team and working with people within that team and across the aisle to get the job done, and I'm not trying to take away from somebody else. They may have their skills. Sen. McCain has been there in Washington 27 years. So he certainly has political skill, but I believe that at this time, to change Washington, it would be helpful to have somebody who comes with more private sector skill, experience outside Washington. I don't think you change Washington from the inside. I think you change it from the outside."

He was comparing his private sector experience to the Washington insider experience of McCain. What he implied is that someone who has been part of the system for 30 years isn’t going to change the system; that it would take someone from the outside with REAL teambuilding experience and a private sector view of the problems.

Obama made those comments as a SITTING PRESIDENT! Obama said it as an excuse for his failures rather than as someone from the private sector with solutions seeking office.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Any fool knows you can't change Washington from the inside, from The White House, from either house of Congress. You have to go to the source.

If you want to change Washington just go to Wall St.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yep Yep

That Does there is absolutely no reason to vote for Obama in 2012.

See ya O.

You Can't Change Washington from the Inside = " No, we can't !"

So....goodbye! I'm going to Oahu ! Good luck !

I left you a big mess to clean up.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Was there ever the honest intention to really change things, or a real effort. The man repeatedly stated: To do the same thing over and over and expect different results is insanity. He should have heeded his own words.

Barack Obama campaigned on a pledge to bring change to Washington. "I don't want to just end the war," he said early this year. "I want to end the mindset that got us into war." That is going to be very difficult if Obama employs a foreign policy team that was central to creating that mindset, before and during the presidency of George W. Bush.

Hawks

Romney will be no different. He has left no doubt of it and his 'team' is comprised of the same old guard.

Drop the nonsense of whos # stinks more. There are only a couple weeks left to actually start working together.
And it will be the one last chance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join