It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's in heaven (or paradise) for women specifically?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
reply to post by 1PLA1

Hey, I just thought of something. Those suicide bombers blow off their johnsons, so they end up in heaven with 72 virgins and no plumbing.
Suicide bomber says what's happened to me plumbing ladies
... ladies say it's allright you Mustapha leek
edit on 20-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

reply to post by 1PLA1

Hey, I just thought of something. Those suicide bombers blow off their johnsons, so they end up in heaven with 72 virgins and no plumbing.

Hey..you're right. Seems as if this Jihad thingie, hasn't been thought out all that well..huh.....

I see a new line of of products in Heaven for them. Trojan brand Jihad Prosthetics...

Des

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

In the christian view of heaven gender will not matter, there will be no male or female.

The gospels cover that in a few different verses, such as

Mar 12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

I know that In the Mormon version they continue to be wed and produce spirit babies.

Help me out here. You quoted a verse that said there will be no "marriage". It says nothing about denying there will be genders still.

I took "but are as the angels which are in heaven" to assume gender would not matter, as in its a non issue.

there are verses in the 4 gospels referencing back to this.

What ever the case, it wont matter.

I can't think of any scripture that says angels have no gender. But my point stands, that verse merely says there will be no marriage in heaven. Angels must have gender for them to have taken wives and fathered Nephilim in Genesis 6.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by halfoldman

72 males....preferably, non-virgins.....

Des

LOL Everytime I see this topic mentioned, the numbers go up. First it was 4 virgins, then forty, now 72. Well, if they're female I gotta admit I'm gettin' a little interested.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Oh man, OH MAN!

Breathe...breathe...remember the rules, remember the rules.

I have such a good one AND I CAN'T SAY IT!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
they get to be the serving wenches of the men in the patriarch of heaven? I mean God is obviously very sexist toward women in these particular forms of religion. Why would he give them more rights in heaven?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

In the christian view of heaven gender will not matter, there will be no male or female.

Mar 12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

I know that In the Mormon version they continue to be wed and produce spirit babies.

Help me out here. You quoted a verse that said there will be no "marriage". It says nothing about denying there will be genders still.

I took "but are as the angels which are in heaven" to assume gender would not matter, as in its a non issue.

I can't think of any scripture that says angels have no gender. But my point stands, that verse merely says there will be no marriage in heaven. Angels must have gender for them to have taken wives and fathered Nephilim in Genesis 6.

Why did they have to come down to take wives if there where genders in heaven, did only masculine angles fall than?

Theres several schools of thought on the matter and there is scriptural bases for a belief that gender will not matter in heaven...

It may not be directly stated but is implied, and even if there where it would still be a sexless existence so why have the parts for the remainder of eternity.

Are we so attached to the flesh that the concept of sexless is a bad thing?

Ultimately its one of those doctrinal issues that truely does not matter in the end.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Don't take it too hard but the days when we serve you as non-equals are over.

I'll be happy to get you a beer. I'll even go out of my way to do it, but if you treat me like crap you can get it yourself, Bubba.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

You gave me a good laugh, rtyfx! So glad I didn't have a mouth full of coffee when I read your post.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

hahaha

oh nooooooooooooooooooo's

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

reply to post by buster2010

THWACK! upside the head

Next it will be my rolling pin.

Not my fault religions are sexist.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm not really sure, but if you're lucky there will be a 200 foot statue of me wearing a toga.
BooYaa.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Some seem to believe that there will be gender equality in heaven. Perhaps, since there's no more birth and death, the material reasons for female subjugation will become unnecessary. Some even say there will be no more gender in the afterlife.

Above, everyone has a pair, more like a companion or equal. It consists of a male/female. You can tell the difference between a male/female, there will just be no physical attributes (penis, etc) to those differences.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Please, I implore you to provide this Biblical support. I've never seen anything that says angels are sexless. I've seen the opposite, that the Bene haElohiym (sons of God) took for themselves wives and fathered Nephillim. (Genesis 6)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Why did they have to come down to take wives if there where genders in heaven, did only masculine angles fall than?

Theres several schools of thought on the matter and there is scriptural bases for a belief that gender will not matter in heaven...

It may not be directly stated but is implied, and even if there where it would still be a sexless existence so why have the parts for the remainder of eternity.

Are we so attached to the flesh that the concept of sexless is a bad thing?

Ultimately its one of those doctrinal issues that truely does not matter in the end.

Angels do have gender. There are male and female, but they do not have sexual organs. When they came down, they manifested into a physical body that had these parts. Now, it is very different how angels are allowed to come here.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

*stomps foot gives you the glare and then turns around and walks away.......................stops turns back around and smacks you soundly on your cheek and then walks away*

I am hoping for a 50 Shades of Grey type setting when I get there......

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Please, I implore you to provide this Biblical support. I've never seen anything that says angels are sexless. I've seen the opposite, that the Bene haElohiym (sons of God) took for themselves wives and fathered Nephillim. (Genesis 6)

Well, maybe not sexless, but show me a female angel in the bible.

THey are definitely masculine.
edit on 20-9-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Rev 4:4

4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and seated on the thrones were twenty-four elders, nclothed in white garments, with ogolden crowns on their heads.

It does not say it specifically, but out of those 24 elders, there are 2 that are female. If you are looking for a specific verse that says female angel, you will not find it in today's bible.

This is because the ones that are written (Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and the one with the writing kit (Ezekiel 9:2) are all male) This doesn't mean they are all male.
edit on 20-9-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

edit on 20-9-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Then...I'd assume, some would be Gay.....

Des

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Nothing. It doesn't exist.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join