It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone help me identify this reptile that was abandoned at my work.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The 50 are here to be sold. I only have one of my own. They need decent space. If you are going to own one as a pet I would recommend housing an adult in an aquarium or cage no less than 4 feet by 2.5 feet by 3 feet. They are highly tameable but you have to handle them every day.

I probably have some pictures laying around. I will try to find some of him tonite and post them.
He is a big scary baby. He has only bitten me once and that was when has only about 2 feet long. I really wouldnt want him to bit me now. He can eat full size rabbits and chickens at his current size.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well the aquarium I have was from my Boa. It is 6 ftx 4 ft. He is just chilling in his basking spot after eating two mice yesterday. I will feed him another one in a day or two, wanna make sure he is not plugged up first.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well for anyone who was keeping tabs on my lizard I found, I took him to the vet yesterday. The vet says he is at least two years old. He was malnourished probably for its whole life to now. The vet said his growth is probably stunted and will not grow much bigger. However on the bright side, If I keep feeding him twice a week he will be a healthy but small Savannah monitor with probably shorter than average lifespan but has more years in him.

This makes me pissed
but happy at the same time knowing he will be able to live a normal life.

People if you cant take care of your pets....think before you get one....and then if you get and don't want it do not go dump it at a random spot and leave it for dead....there are plenty of rescues or just plain people who will help out.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JValhalla

Good for him that he met a nice guy like you
Hope he will have a long and happy life with you

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I am so happy that you found the poor thing and are taking such good care of him! Now he can be happy and healthy.

This is a fascinating thread!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Lots of helpful info for all you ATS ers Thanks !

Once he is looking a little better I will get some more pics out.

Now all he needs is a name.....

Who wants to name him!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JValhalla

I don't know if the vet talked to you about this or not... but monitors have very toxic bites due to bacteria, so be careful about washing your hands and cleaning any nips.

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I used to work for a major exotic pet distributor and might have been more of a help had I come across this thread before.

It seems to me like you're already attached to the little guy - and with critters love and attention are often the best medicine. I've seen a lot of borderline animals bounce back because of affection and attention.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Ooooooh, what can we name him? Um...it is a him right? LOL

It would help if we were sure of its gender.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
My 5 foot long Iguana's name was Dragonbait, you can use that

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
What a lovely story, Not that the poor little mite was abandoned and not cared for properly but that someone as kind as you found him/her and had a good enough heart to take good care of it

Would love to see some updated photos of his/her progress in the future

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Call him or her Lucky.
Not very original, but fitting, right?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Call him or her Lucky.
Not very original, but fitting, right?

I knew someone would bring up that name. He sure is a lucky lizard!

Hmmm...I still can't think of a name. I tend to wait to name my pets. Eventually something pops up and it's like YES that's the name!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I cant use Lucky...My american bulldog is name lucky...after I saved her from a fighting ring.

Its a Him

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ok, so does he have a name yet? Any new pics? I'd love to see how he looks now. I'm sure there is a heck of a difference from when you first found him.

<< 1  2   >>

join