It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it comes down to it, will you fight for your country?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
You know what would be interesting? A test call-up. To see who would really fight for this country and who'd play chicken.

They would really need to clarify. Would I fight to protect my country against a deliberate threat to, and on, our soil? Get me a gun right now!

Would I fight wherever in the world my government told me to go? Hell, no.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm talking about OUR soil. THIS country. I'D fight to DEATH for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Canuck says, "Only if my homeland was threatened." Aside from that "NO". I come from a military family. When Desert Storm broke out I attempted to sign up. I was rejected on a weak physical reason. The real reason was that they didn't want a 30 yo recruit. Why didn't I sign up before? No reason to. You'll find that to be a fairly consistent reaction with Canadians. If there's a need we'll go. If not, why bother?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

I'm talking about OUR soil. THIS country. I'D fight to DEATH for it.

Here's the problem: You want the enemy (looking to destroy our way of life) coming full speed ahead with guns in their hands so you can spot them right off the bat and shoot em' up.

But, what if that enemy flies planes into buildings, maybe sneaks dirty bombs and chemical weapons into the U.S., releasing them in order to kill here and there, but do it for hundreds of years? Where in the world would you be ready to fight to stop this enemy?

What about Muslims pouring into this country, creating a voting majority to alter our government and change our way of life? Would you fight them? Would you kill them before it happens?

War has become a very dirty game. The rules have changed from in your face gunfights at the O-K corral to slow poisoning behind your back.

I think there's a majority of us that want our soldiers to come home from everywhere in the world, and just protect our own country on our own soil. Here's the problem with that: It won't happen! I don't know why it won't, but it won't.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You're right, of course. I was preaching isolationism in the early 90's. No one was listening then either.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

You're right, of course. I was preaching isolationism in the early 90's. No one was listening then either.

Wish I'd been there. I would've listened!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm laughing because I'm no one. TPTB have an entirely different agenda.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

I'm laughing because I'm no one. TPTB have an entirely different agenda.

Ya got that right, rt. Somewhere the government got it in it's head that their job is to control other countries. We hired them to run THIS country, dammit! The military has to justify its existence, so they're all for wars anywhere and everywhere. The CIA is in the game of spy vs. spy.

NONE of the above has to do with us common citizens looking to raise our families, have jobs, insurance, pay for kid's college, and have friends over for cookouts. Sometimes I want to go to Washington and stand before the White House and Congress just to yell STOP THE MADNESS!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I wonder two things:

Was it ever really about we the people?

If it was, when did it stop being about we the people and start being about the rich?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

reply to post by cconn487

Do you think you'd be better off under some other form of government? Is there a government in the world you'd prefer to see running the US?

I don't like any governments. I know that sounds strange. Not exactly an Anarchist, but I think governments should not have the control as we have today.

One prime example is when government seizes land, builds and researches whatever they want and don't even want to acknowledge it exists. Yet who pays for it? We do. Sorry, but if I pay for something, I should at least know what I am buying if not actually have a part ownership in whatever the money goes for.

Money runs the US government. Not people working for the common good of everyone. Just seeing how some people can use tax laws and pay less than your average american citizen because they, in part, get to decide what tax laws are is proof enough money is the number one priority for many people in governmental positions.

There are people living and starving on the streets in the United States, yet we still send billions to Israel...Israel has its own CIA counterpart. I'm sure if they can fund organizations like this they should be able to take care of their own citizens without the need of foreign aid.

Its all about the money, and I know I'm not going to fight for an imaginary quantity of funds which is only as valuable as you make it.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
No I wouldnt.. Alot of us talked about that same thing and we all pretty much came to the same concusion. because of the way our government and police has been treating all us veterans, If the U.S is going to be invaded we are going on strike. The cops think they are better then us and everyone else, so let them handle it

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If it comes to it,
would my country fight for me???

I couldn't see David Cameron screaming "Stand back Chukkles, I got this".

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
If it comes to it,
would my country fight for me???

I couldn't see David Cameron screaming "Stand back Chukkles, I got this".

That's the way I see it too!

I wouldn't fight for my Country, I love the land but not the people in it or the people running it!
edit on 20-9-2012 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
If it came down to enemy forces touching down on US soil, I would most definitely fight back. I may not agree with our government, but I'm damn well not going to let some foreign military walk into our country and push us around.

I assume something like this would be plausible in that scenario... things like looting, rape, murder, torture and other horrific things. Sorry but NOBODY is going to harm my family. I will go full Chuck Norris on their asses!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
no, i wouldn't fight "for my country". my country is mostly run by corrupt people and therefore i have no interest in keeping them in power. nor would i fight for anybody's 'country'... as far as i'm concerned we are all world citizens and we should be able to live anywhere we choose. the only things i'd fight for (that i can think of at the moment) are the people i love, friends, and injustice.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Dc is not my country. They are not a legitimate government, i do not follow their laws unless forced to. This is the biggest coup ever.

I will not fight for dc. I will fight them, for my country, the united states.

My thoughts exactly.

I would fight those responsible before I would fight those taking action against the treachery forced upon them by the ruling globalist warmongers and their lemmings.

My ideal situation would be a voluntary call to duty of those who support war. There would be no age limit. Once most of those lemmings are gone and we need to force people to fight it would be up to those who are not wealthy enough to leave the country like Romney or most of the other rich a-holes did to fight. The first to go would be poor kids who have never served. Once they have been decimated the next bunch would be middle aged and older Americans who have not served.

At some point the attrition rate would be high enough to draw those who served more than 8 years back into service to save what is left of our country. I believe at this point the remaining people would have lost their lust for war. By this point they would have suffered more than they ever suspected and the hardship would solidify their resolve to consider being nicer to their enemy so they could have food to eat.

I did not support the war in Iraq because it was unjust and obviously a ploy made up by the leadership of our country to gain oil and land in the middle east. As a Iraq veteran I understand the underlying agenda more than those who saw the towers fall and got the war lust in their veins and wanted to lash out at ANY MUSLIM nation to satiate that anger. Surprise, it was done by your own government! You were played like a Stradivarius! Good lemmings, now jump!

I see the coming war being a long lasting war of attrition. The rich will avoid any actual losses and likely profit from the war. The poor will die. This will be a religious war (Holy War) led by radicals from both sides who think this is about God. When you can remove yourself from the emotional side of the conflict and look at the underlying reasons for war you cannot deny that it is religiously based. Historically speaking this war cannot be won by force. We would have to nuke the entire planet to get rid of all of the religious leaning people who think they are right and the other people are wrong.

So if war comes here and I am forced to fight, I am just as likely to shoot an American who I deem a radical religious zealot as I would be to shoot an invading religious zealot. Both need to be removed from this planet. I would support exporting all religious zealots to Mars and letting them fight it out. In the end they would have to learn to cooperate to survive. That is what must happen here, but they will never allow that to happen because they feel their religion is too important.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
If my own freedom or family's safety was in jeopardy from an invading army I would fight no matter what country I was in. If I got a call telling me to enlist for a war overseas then no. However, if I was American I would have fought against the Nazis in WWII even though my freedom was not in direct jeopardy. The Nazis had to be stopped. No such evil exists today.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY
If our homeland was actually in danger would you fight? even if you had to take the fight to them (other country) would you go?

Isn't that what the US is doing now? i mean the attack on the home land was 11 yrs ago, and US is still fighting countries after 100,000+ civilian causalities and soldiers casualties and trillion dollar deficit.

I don't see us going after Israeli Mossad.

Oh wait...

False Flag. I almost forgot.

We won't go after Mossad because it was a co-conspiracy. It would have been impossible to pull off without Cheney controlling the fighter jets and most of the military response halfway across the country. The religious lemmings support Israel without question and would never believe they were capable of such treachery. Evolved people know different.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I would never fight for the government, but I would fight to the death for my fellow countrymates. With that said, I would fight for any human being. We all have a basic and fundamental right to life!

Never forget that it is never the citizens of a country that want war, just governments and corporations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join