It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama You Don't Know

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is a large and quite comprehensive story that will certainly not fit into one thread. You just have to read through it one chapter at a time.

Here are some nuggets. Some new some are well known.

In an effort to get a clearer picture of Obama -- his shaping influences, his core beliefs, his political ambitions and his accomplishments -- The Washington Examiner conducted a four-month inquiry, interviewing dozens of his supporters and detractors in Chicago and elsewhere, and studying countless court transcripts, government reports and other official documents.

Over the years and in two autobiographies, Obama has presented himself to the world as many things, including radical community organizer, idealistic civil rights lawyer, dynamic reformer in the Illinois and U.S. senates, and, finally, the cool presidential voice of postpartisan hope and change.

With his air of reasonableness and moderation, he has projected a remarkably likable persona. Even in the midst of a historically dirty campaign for re-election, his likability numbers remain impressive, as seen in a recent AP-GFK Poll that found 53 percent of adults have a favorable view of him.

But beyond the spin and the polls, a starkly different picture emerges. It is a portrait of a man quite unlike his image, not a visionary reformer but rather a classic Chicago machine pol who thrives on rewarding himself and his friends with the spoils of public office, and who uses his position to punish his enemies.

From soup to nuts the story is complete...

The myth of the rock star professor

But law student evaluations made available to The Washington Examiner by the university showed that his popularity then fell steadily.

In 1999, only 23 percent of the students said they would repeat Obama's racism class. He was the third-lowest-ranked lecturer at the law school that year. And in 2003, only a third of the student evaluators recommended his classes.

His classes were small. A spring 1994 class attracted 14 out of a student body of 600; a spring 1996 class drew 13. In 1997, he had the largest class of his tenure with 49 students. But by then, his student rating had fallen to 7.75. Twenty-two of 40 faculty members ranked higher than Obama.

Some former faculty colleagues today describe Obama as disengaged, doing only what was minimally required and almost never participating in faculty activities.

And, unlike others on the Chicago Law School faculty who published numerous articles in legal journals, Obama's byline did not appear in a single legal journal while he taught there.

For the slumlord's defense, Barack Obama, Esq.

Writing in his 1995 autobiography, "Dreams from My Father," Obama said he became "a civil rights lawyer" because "to lend meaning to a community's suffering and take part in its healing -- that required something more."

There was indeed "something more" to Obama's legal career, but it wasn't civil rights litigation at the Chicago law firm of Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland, where he was employed for a decade.

"He spent about half his time working with Bill Miceli and my former partner, Allison Davis, and that team," senior partner Judson Miner told The Washington Examiner. Most of the entries on Obama's client list for the firm from that period were in real estate, construction and finance.

In March 1994, a year before "Dreams" was published, Obama was the lead defense attorney on an obscure case in Cook County Court that has heretofore escaped examination by the national media.

In this case, Obama defended a Chicago slumlord and powerful political ally who was charged with a long list of offenses against poor residents. The defendant was the Woodlawn Preservation & Investment Corp., controlled by Bishop Arthur Brazier, a South Side Chicago preacher and political operator.

Brazier's burgeoning real estate empire included a low-income housing project at 6223 South University. Today, MapQuest describes the Woodlawn neighborhood as "quaint and sedate." But in the winter of 1994, it was a frigid hell.

Brazier's WPIC had failed for nearly a month to supply heat and running water for the complex's 15 crumbling apartments. On Jan. 18, 1994, the day the heat went off, Chicago's official high temperature was 11 below zero, the day after it was 19 below.

Even worse, the residents were then ordered to leave the WPIC complex in the winter chill without the due process they would have been afforded by an eviction procedure.

Here's where Obama rides in to save the Slum Lord who hired him

But Obama did his work so well that in the end, on March 3, 1994, the court simply fined WPIC $50. Only then did Obama tell the court of the forcible removal of tenants in the bitter cold.

An experienced Chicago housing attorney who reviewed the case at the Examiner's request said $50 fines against politically powerful slumlords were not uncommon at that time. The lawyer, who currently works for the city, asked to remain anonymous for fear of reprisal.

Anyway,, I could go on forever. At this point its best to link in to this story and add what you would like to this thread. This is information that should have come out Before the 2008 elections.

And there is still more to come...
washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Keep digging.......

Eventually you will discover that it just doesn't matter.

or you will strike oil and become rich and famous!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

There's gold in them there hills...GOLD!! and the masses already have a taste of it. Check the NYT non fiction best sellers and the success of 2016.... People are now fully alert since the blinders have been removed...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Again, just one very biased source.
No one has been analyzed and vetted more
than Obama, and it's never amounted to squat.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I don't understand what this article is implying.

He taught some very boring classes and was not a popular teacher. Ok.

He did what he was paid to do as an attorney and defended his client. Ok.

Only then did Obama tell the court of the forcible removal of tenants in the bitter cold.

Obama didn't have to do that. He could have just walked away. Maybe he felt some guilt? I don't know.

But I do know that this doesn't change anything and Obama will, unfortunately, win a second term.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hmmm... Seems to me the honest and accurate facts about Mr. Mystery go to confirm what he could have just been up front about in the first place. He's no Messiah, God, Divinely Inspired leader or even all that good at being a civil servant. He's a typical scumbag politician with the average record of typical scumbag politician.

The only shock comes, I believe, due to everyone spending SO MUCH time trying to make believe he's something other than a normal man with a mixed history and as many problems and items of shame as anyone else.

Now that the mystique is gone just a bit more, the RECORD and NUMBERS of the MAN tell me he deserves nothing but a vote off the island....because he couldn't lead a parched man to water in the desert without leaving the man feeling like he got screwed somewhere in the deal.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The discription from his former college colleagues sound hauntingly familiar!

Oh, wait...that is what he is like in the white house.

Maybe someone needs to teach him how to use that go-to-meeting app.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Hmmm... Seems to me the honest and accurate facts about Mr. Mystery go to confirm what he could have just been up front about in the first place. He's no Messiah, God, Divinely Inspired leader or even all that good at being a civil servant. He's a typical scumbag politician with the average record of typical scumbag politician.

The only shock comes, I believe, due to everyone spending SO MUCH time trying to make believe he's something other than a normal man with a mixed history and as many problems and items of shame as anyone else.

Now that the mystique is gone just a bit more, the RECORD and NUMBERS of the MAN tell me he deserves nothing but a vote off the island....because he couldn't lead a parched man to water in the desert without leaving the man feeling like he got screwed somewhere in the deal.

The Obama i DO know is half way to Hawaii.

Gallup just sent Obama a plane ticket.

September 20, 2012

Romney 47%

Obama 47%

Aloha !

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

You need to read the whole series and then compare it all to what we have been officially told about Obama and what to believe. Then compare it all to the details in his book Dreams... Lots of contradictions and omissions of essential facts throughout the entire Obama Fable.

Obama the slumlord lawyer starkly contrasts the image of the the unifying and benevolent South Chicago Community Organizer.

Glad Obama coughed up the facts AFTER he won his case for the slumlord.. Sounds like his motto...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

Because the MSM never vetted him nor will they report the facts that have been reported by those who have. The majority still get all of their news at 6:30pm on ABC, NBC or CBS... Assuredly, they've never heard any of this nor will they. The water carriers have yet to spring a leak with an exception of an occasional trip from Jake Tapper on ABC...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Kinda reminds me of this

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You need to read the whole series and then compare it all to what we have been officially told about Obama and what to believe.

I don't believe anything I have been told about Obama, whether it's from you or the press. So I have nothing to "compare" it to.

Then compare it all to the details in his book Dreams... Lots of contradictions and omissions of essential facts throughout the entire Obama Fable.

Like Bush's book...and Clinton's...and Carter's....and Reagan's...I could go on and on. It was not a book about his real life and experiences. It was a work of fiction and anyone who read that book is stupid. What a waste of time.

Obama the slumlord lawyer starkly contrasts the image of the the unifying and benevolent South Chicago Community Organizer.

It doesn't matter. The people on the right are bashing him for being a community organizer as well. So why does it matter? Do they have to switch it up to keep people's attention on Obama and not their choice of candidate?

Glad Obama coughed up the facts AFTER he won his case for the slumlord.. Sounds like his motto...

He was hired to defend this guy and did his job. Would you have done any different? It's amazing how people can stand on a cloud of arrogant righteousness when it is not their past in the spotlight.

How about this. Before I ever star or flag one of your threads I want to know your entire work history, a comprehensive breakdown of every decision you have ever made.....and a copy of your birth certificate.

If you can prove that you are without fault or sin, I will accept your premise. If not, you're a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Oh but plenty has been found, you just refuse to believe it.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Because the MSM never vetted him nor will they report the facts that have been reported by those who have. The majority still get all of their news at 6:30pm on ABC, NBC or CBS... Assuredly, they've never heard any of this nor will they. The water carriers have yet to spring a leak with an exception of an occasional trip from Jake Tapper on ABC...

The majority get their news from ABC, NBC or CBS?

Have you seen the ratings at Fox News?!

Fox News is #1.

NBC is losing money. It's a Marxist Variety Hour.

Jay Leno had to take a 50% pay cut. Everyone is switching channels to Fox.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I don't come here for stars and flags...

Glad you're above it all in your own realm of superiority....

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

The majority get their news from ABC, NBC or CBS?

Have you seen the ratings at Fox News?!

Fox News is #1.

NBC is losing money. It's a Marxist Variety Hour.

Jay Leno had to take a 50% pay cut. Everyone is switching channels to Fox.

True. and if that number has any weight it should be a clear indication of where the election is heading.... I guess when I think of regular evening news watcher I think of my elderly neighbor and her rabbit ears.

The collapse of the big Networks is amusing. I hear Matt Lauer has become unhinged as his Today show continues to lose out to ABC's GMA.

"Matt Lauer 'has turned into "anchor animal'' who has banned mention of Good Morning America and is now inserting himself in every decision of flailing Today'"
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I agree so much it hurts sometimes. Vetted? Obama?? Vetted???

He's been vetted very loudly and proudly to a very fine and clear line...where none shall pass and everything seen beyond there stays there. His past before being an Illinois State Senator, for the most part.

Now I'd consider myself a fairly well informed guy. I spend as many hours staying that way as most put into full time jobs for a variety of reasons. Likewise.....I may disagree with but I won't disrespect the more active PRO-Obama people at ATS. They're also, generally, very intelligent and well read on events and the facts.

So how is it then that it wasn't until the last couple of months and in direct relation to being told by Pro-Obama people he never legally used the name, that I JUST NOW discovered Obama did legally, officially and as he presented himself to the world for a FEW YEARS, use the name Barry Soetoro?

Perhaps because all this didn't become public in a MAJOR way until 2010? That's possible...and part of the problem. It should have been open and out there on the table as simple fact, not speculation, in 2008. As I found, a Muslim Madrasa and a Private Catholic School in Indonesia both VERY proudly and VERY enthusiastically claim him as their rather unique little piece of history in having had a U.S. President as a student once. They both very clearly and without question show Barry Soetoro. No Barack and certainly no Obama mentioned anywhere on those papers I noticed.

That's all fact..well established (NOW it is) and being all but screamed by those couple schools since 2010 specifically because they sensed they were being written out of the narrative for the part they feel proud to have played. Interesting on that, eh?

So.... No kidding... This is the LEAST publicly vetted President in my lifetime at least...and as much for the Media's self-imposed limitations as anything tangible from Obama's camp itself, IMO.

(In fairness on a personal note... I lost someone very close in 2010 and that put me in a fog for parts of that year..that doesn't explain how it's still a point of confused debate for everyone else??
)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

But I do know that this doesn't change anything and Obama will, unfortunately, win a second term.

Yep, but I'm not sure that's unfortunate. One of three things *will* happen come 2013:

a) obama will remain pres
b) romney will become pres
c) the world will end

A appears to be our best option (followed closely by c, lol)..

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The Obama i DO know is half way to Hawaii.

Gallup just sent Obama a plane ticket.

September 20, 2012

Romney 47%

Obama 47%

Aloha !

538 still has Obama at a 75% chance of winning - I know that ain't set in stone, but if that starts getting down to 50-60%, then I would start worrying...

fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I don't come here for stars and flags...

Glad you're above it all in your own realm of superiority....

I'm sorry. Would you think better of me if I bashed Obama with non-stop rhetoric and talking points and posted hit pieces from NeoCon websites that takes no responsibility to the context of what they print?

I also think it takes a superiority-mindset for you to think this is 100% factual and that I am dumb enough to fall for the propaganda within.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join