It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD deployed mysterious surveillance truck at OWS anniversary

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
No clue what this is but my first though was some sort of frequency gun to disable people.

You know what I wonder is, are TPTB going to start fearing the police they trust so much to control us? I suppose after a while, the police members family members will become victims and that will piss the cops off... I guess that is what the robots are for? When they no longer trust human police

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by morethanyou
Microwave communications equipment. Many television stations use the exact same thing. No sensors, just over active imaginations

It was not a police vehicle, but a TV station vehicle - notice the picture never shows the whole truck. It is just a OB van, the microwave dish gets the tv signal back to the station.

www.b-roll.net...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Actually I have seen something similar in Texas. It looks to me like it could be a number of what everyone is saying, also maybe it is just a loud speaker.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. I have been trying to big up information on this company Quik Stic but they are hard to research for some reason. I cannot find an official company website nor advert pic used for promoting their products. Very odd. Usually most companies who sell professional equipment have really slick looking websites and show off their products to no end.

I totally understand why so much speculation is needed when finding pictures of their products in actual field usage.

To add my own speculation, it appears to be some sort of media equipment; judging from the design.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If this guy works at the TV station as he says, then it is just a Microwave Transmitter Digital/Analog.

we have two trucks with the quik stic here at wpxi.

the one in the picture is assigned to one of our bureaus and is a straight 2gig analog microwave system.

with a repeater on the tower in that county, they actually have a pretty good range of coverage.

our other truck with the quik stic is our cofdm truck ( on the same expedition platform) running digital and analog transmitters.

Source

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
reply to post by iforget

www.ametekusg.com...

not sure about its use...??
That particular link is about a device used to measure travel or movement of a CNC machine tool axis.Its not whats on the roof unless the mast uses one to measure the extension.
snoopyuk

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
O
M
G
Does that count as 4 lines ?,,,

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
According to this website it is used for communication / microwave? Something to deal with that I guess...

FROM YOUR LINK: TV NEWS CREW UPLINK...
i70.photobucket.com...

edit on 20-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Secret Service Live Truck

I was looking for their live truck and found this puppy. Now I would never have suspected this thing.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I realize that RT news may be very reputable but the domain name is from Russia. Maybe kinda misinformation? Maybe a little? Common people, of course another country would use these kind of means to influence us...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Maybe it can produce sound waves at the frequency which hurts the ear.

I've heard that this frequencies can not be heard and can make people vomit and get headache.

Maybe that is a weapon to stop people from gathering.

BTW good image

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

There is a "nice" picture of this thingy, deployed:
cryptome.org...
scroll towards the bottom.

This site does not mention what it is or may be tho.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The device that you all are thinking is a whizzy death ray is in fact a fairly low power broadcast video microwave backhaul link aerial. The reason for the sensor is the antenna is raised up and pointed in a specific direction to beam the signal back to police HQ.

It's EXACTLY the same off-the-shelf technology that's used by your local TV stations, and perhaps explained that its the same technology used on the ground thats also used to watch those high speed car chases on the freeway beamed from a helicopter.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
If it is used to protect the people of NewYork, Fine I am all for it!

This is used against us. Us.

These people are not here to harm anybody.

edit on 21-9-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Hey now. I think that snoopyuk may be onto something. At the top of the page in red letters it says "AC and DC contactors and emergency disconnects". Could this be the toy that I have heard about that shuts down cell phones and cameras at protests by disconnecting dc power within the phones? Dunno...

They don't want people taking pictures of the abuse anymore, right? Maybe this has something to do with that. Or could be they record all cell activity in an area. They call it a sensor, but that could be deceptive? Maybe its a jammer. Keeps live feeds and links from getting out.

www.ametekusg.com...

Edit: Here it is deployed from crypto me.org. There appear to be two different devices here.

edit on 21-9-2012 by intrptr because: pic

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Those are antenna for mobile satellite communications. News trucks, military, police swat, everything that will need a mobile communications will have something similar.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
maybe its a teleporter for a mass scale invasion in which the nypd are in cahoots with the demon aliens, people get real its an antennea.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Although we have not established exactly what type of device this is, with regard to product name etc. Quik Stic probably offers more than just one kind of device. As posted earlier the AMETEKUSG site offers some info on at least one of Quik Stic's products, the 951 Quik-Stic II LDT. Since I am not familiar with the device, the specifications and such reveals nothing of its usage to me, maybe someone can give a detailed explanation?

www.ametekusg.com...

As you can see, there are also several PDF documents related to the product, which would probably help to understand what this thing is/does, but unfortunately it seems none of them are available for download since they appear to have been removed. Anyone know what Steel Mill Walking Beams are?

Anyway, as also mentioned earlier there is no indication or "proof" of this device belonging to a NYPD or government vehicle, so unless we can get a picture showing exactly that, we ought to listen to earlier posters commenting on it belonging to a tv-station or the like.

Sorry to say, but had it been a death-ray, microwave, skin-boiling crowd dispersing weapon, I'm pretty sure the company that makes them don't want their logo and name written all over it!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
These are the ones you need to look out for..

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Death rays, for real? It was established on page 1 that this device is a fairly common one used in distance communications, such as those used by news stations.

Relevant quotes, from page 1.

Originally posted by Dance4Life
According to this website it is used for communication / microwave? Something to deal with that I guess...

Originally posted by morethanyou
Microwave communications equipment. Many television stations use the exact same thing. No sensors, just over active imaginations.

Originally posted by hellobruce
It was not a police vehicle, but a TV station vehicle - notice the picture never shows the whole truck. It is just a OB van, the microwave dish gets the tv signal back to the station.

www.b-roll.net...

And the coffin nail from spirit_horse on page 2:

Originally posted by spirit_horse
If this guy works at the TV station as he says, then it is just a Microwave Transmitter Digital/Analog.

we have two trucks with the quik stic here at wpxi.

the one in the picture is assigned to one of our bureaus and is a straight 2gig analog microwave system.

with a repeater on the tower in that county, they actually have a pretty good range of coverage.

our other truck with the quik stic is our cofdm truck ( on the same expedition platform) running digital and analog transmitters.

Source

Don't get me wrong, I think prying into the intentions and activities of the power structure is a great thing to do, but your energies could be better spent chasing monsters, not rabbits, no?
edit on 21-9-2012 by lycosa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join