It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Prepares for Riots, Buys 1.2 Billion Bullets

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I apologize for those of us who don't use a the Chrome browser, but this was interesting and relevant enough to share with those of you who do....

Take a gander at this 'experiment' on data visualization in regards to small arms and ammo sales..... and think about where this ammunition might go.

workshop.chromeexperiments.com...

I hope the link works....

Here's a snapshot .. but the Chrome web application is interactive and quite revealing:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thats pretty cool. The graph shows the imports/exports but it doesnt include 2011 and 12
edit on 20-9-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The bullets are useless against my words.

Having bullets that unused is a sign of a coward.
When you are brave and right, you dont need bullets.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Unfortunately, no. It may be that the numbers are simply not available, or the data set was too large to include it all. But either way, that mush ammunition could be worth a pretty penny if the market should shift in one direction or another... or if we get into another war.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I would like to see some actual analysis of the numbers. For instance, how often does the US government buy ammo, how, what forms, and how much. This data must be available out there somewhere, able to be verified. Then you can create a graphic representation of how this news compares.

Chances are this is a non-story, and as it's coming out of Israel... well, lets just say that I trust Faux News about ten times more than I trust anything coming out of that country.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I would like to see some actual analysis of the numbers. For instance, how often does the US government buy ammo, how, what forms, and how much. This data must be available out there somewhere, able to be verified. Then you can create a graphic representation of how this news compares.

Chances are this is a non-story, and as it's coming out of Israel... well, lets just say that I trust Faux News about ten times more than I trust anything coming out of that country.

The government doesnt "buy ammo" in the traditional sense that many think. What the government does is set up a contract with a distributor to provide them with rounds for a certain amount of time, up to a maximum number of rounds during that time period. The example I gave earlier was one that was acknowledged by the distributor - yearly contract, up to 5 years total, for a maximum of 450 million rounds provided. Its not just a "mass buy" scenario.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

If the numbers are true, then the volume of ammo is on par with what the US army used in Iraq on average, during the Iraq war. That gives some idea of the scale. It certainly doesn't seem normal. Could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
What I don't get is why by "25,000 rounds of blank .308 caliber bullets"? I guess you could uses them for training or to scare the crap out of people. You can still harm or kill someone with a blank, if you shot them at almost point blank range.

From what I've seen (in da movies), The blanks are used by firing squads....

So the shooter won't really know for sure if their shot was a real bullet or not...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IrVulture

Originally posted by ObjectZero
What I don't get is why by "25,000 rounds of blank .308 caliber bullets"? I guess you could uses them for training or to scare the crap out of people. You can still harm or kill someone with a blank, if you shot them at almost point blank range.

From what I've seen (in da movies), The blanks are used by firing squads....

So the shooter won't really know for sure if their shot was a real bullet or not...

Sigh, maybe non-live fire exercises?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
1.2 billion sounds like the amount of bullets needed to kill the Chinese if invaded

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
1.2 billion sounds like the amount of bullets needed to kill the Chinese if invaded

Lol, if you put the Chinese army on every troop carrier in their navy, they would have to make hundreds of trips over a 5 year period, to reach the US shores

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Lol, yeah they dont have many weapons do they...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Lol, if you put the Chinese army on every troop carrier in their navy, they would have to make hundreds of trips over a 5 year period, to reach the US shores

Nah, they would just use fishing boats instead. Have you seen this thread?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Nah, they would just use fishing boats instead. Have you seen this thread?

Holy crap, theyre already on their way

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

No way man, maybe they've figured out teleportation

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Maybe this will be a training exercise for an upcoming MARSHALL LAW to take place in the future...so to get domestic troops prepared, they are getting hollow rounds to practice with during spring!

Moreover, this is nothing but a business deal between the government and a private company making these empty shells. Everything military concerned has everything to do with making money using your hard earned tax dollars, plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
91 days left until the Mayan calendar ends.

I think this is what they're preparing for.

Because, even if the world doesn't end, there could be a fair amount of rioting.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Old "News" and most of the orders are for handgun ammunition not rifles (snipers).

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
91 days left until the Mayan calendar ends.

I think this is what they're preparing for.

Because, even if the world doesn't end, there could be a fair amount of rioting.

I hope there will be lots of store specials going on to help make a final dollar push on the consumers....and I will be one of the first people in line! WHOOT!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

maybe they are trying to scare the public into not rebelling by making it a public transaction.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join