It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone using an iPad on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I got an iPad a few days ago and been using it quite a bit. I find it easier than a laptop in some ways, but it's not great for ats. I struggle posting links and video clips. It's all a bit fiddly. You can't put new images into your personal picture collection. Just wondered if anyone else uses one and has some get round advice. Are the owners doing anything about services to iPad and iPhone users in future changes?

Before you all tell me I should have got an android. This iPad was a gift.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I use my ipad all the time, BUT, there are limitations to what it can and cannot do. I have not found a workaround for the video, but i do know if i am tethered to a computer, i can move and save things that i cannot do while roaming around. My suggestion is keep playing with it until it works and use your PC to do the heavy work.

On a side note, Adobe flash is used extensively on ATS and unfortunately Adobe decided to stop developement of flash for mobile devices.
edit on 20-9-2012 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

I found an app that uses flash embeded. cloud browse is the name of it . It costs $2.99. It might help. I will let you know.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I use it all the time for simple browsing and posting. It works rather well. I believe ATS is working on making the website itself render well on mobile devices, so I think better mobile functionality is coming.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

For images, I email my photos or screen shots to my desktop, then upload them to the ATS uploaded from my desktop.
Is there a way to upload pics directly from my photo album on my I Pad?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

No, that's one of the problems, but for browsing and posting its pretty good and corrects my poor spelling..which is nice. I could also speak my replies in, but haven't tried that yet

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The mobile version of ATS right now is lacking, however when the re-design is rolled out ( quite shortly I image) you'll see a significant difference.

It will work just as flawlessly on Tablets as it does on the PC.

new topics

top topics

join