It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negative Synchronicity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Nowadays people are told about the power of positive thinking and positive synchronicity. Has anyone suffered from chronic negative synchronicity? Has anyone ever experienced it to the extent it has dilapidated their life?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Me. For 7 years straight. Seriously wondered if the whole 'break a mirror means 7 years bad luck' was really true. Also racked my brain to remember if I did break one. Things are looking up now, but the setbacks I suffered did some damage that can only mend with time and belief in myself.

What about you?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I am glad to hear that things are looking up for you and hope they continue that way, I really do. As for myself, let us just say that the stars continue their malevolent influence so to speak. I often wonder if it is just a mathematical probability which just seems unatural because it is rare. I have heard metaphysical explanations (which I do not rule out as I believe in the paranormal) but I have not decided on what the cause(s) can be.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
as with all things its a matter of balance within the universe ... some have lives that could be considered charmed.. others have lives that could be considered cursed.. you wouldnt want my luck ... too many times everything around me been totally destroyed and I walked away barely scathed ... its my curse to survive...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My mother, who is spiritual, says that there must be a reason, unbeknownst, and it entails god's will since she and my father are dumbstruck as well by my unfortunate episodes. They believe that since I have not done anything to deserve such travail that god has something good for me at the end of the tunnel. It comforts them so I don't contradict them -- at least not too much.

However, I do not agree with them. I have found some solace in Stoicism, some. Also, I remind myself of the countless suffering. If one really wonderful thing has happened as a result is my empathy for people who suffer. I would not trade my bleeding heart for all the gold in South Africa's mines. I mean that. Most people who suffer become mean-spirited and I have had the good luck not to become one of them.

You're cursed by survival? I cannot help but relate to a certain extent. I hope things improve. If they don't, don't give up getting back up.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

Have you ever read the book of Job?

Whoever God loves, he chastens,

He will put you through the fire, so you can come out as Gold,

Hold on to whatever faith you have,

NEVER close the door on God, even if you give up faith and hope in Him, don't ever completely turn on Him.

If you become agnostic or lukewarm, you still have a chance for a relationship with Him,

But when you make a commitment to the dark side, your chance of a relationship with Him is gone, unless you realize the error of your ways and truly repent and come back to the Father....

Just keep your mind, will, and emotions (soul) open to God, and do your best to love and treat others how you want to be treated,

Sew good seeds, reap a good harvest, maybe you won't get your harvest in this life either... maybe it will come in the next life.

Listen to your parents, I'm sure they're giving your good advice...

God bless,

Amen

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Thank you for your sincere advice. However, I see nothing in the Abrahamic deity (based on supposed divine scripture) that leads me to believe that he is anything more than a cosmic Mao or Stalin. Therefore, I do not wish for his help or salvation even if he exists.

Say perchance that my fortunes change. That will not change my views in the least bit for there are others suffering from my predicament and there are countless (dear god countless) people suffering as we speak. One might contend that good things are happening as we speak but I would counter that life is a struggle for a majority of people in the world and explaining it in Judeo-Christian-Islamic manner offers no solace.

There was a song by Midnight Oil that had the refrain, "How can we sleep while our beds are burning!" It has always moved me. I am more merciful than the god of the Bible and Qur'an so I have little regard for the argument via Job or suffering makes you better -- it seldom does. Likewise for that sickening argument of dharma created by Aryan Brahmins to subjugate the lower classes.

I know you and my parents mean well and I thank you. Nonetheless, I prefer mercy and justice as abstract concepts over a deity that simply puts belief in him as a requisite of salvation. It reminds me of a highschool clique more than anything remotely sublime.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I hope the recent comments have not thrown us off course. Explaining chronic negative synchronicity leads some to believe in a presiding intelligence while others see it as a mathematical probability that only strikes one strange because it seldom occurs; yet, it need no ghost come from the grave to transpire.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is for Seen2Much: I've experienced the same prolonged sequence of "negative synchronicity" and am now researching it, reading everything from Probability/random theory, Jung, Neuroscience, psychology, mythology, and more. I was wondering if now, looks like maybe 2 years since these posts, has anything changed for you? Mine has gone on now for more than 10 years (after many years of positive synchronicity, great fortune and luck, etc.). I'm serious about researching this phenom, but as you point out, everything, at least in this country, is all about "positive thinking", religion, the "Secret", "just meditate and all will work out," and other such stuff. I especially like how you responded to the "just read Job" post when you said your thoughts on this wouldn't be any different if instead of negative/bad luck it was all positive/good luck.
Anyway, I saw this chain of postings in my search of negative synchronicity and just joined the abovetopsecret.com site and hope to hear from you. I can also be reached at [email protected], in case I mess up on being able to get back to this chain/website/group. KSM

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: COCONUT1
Hi COCONUT1 - looks like the thread author hasn't been on the site for a while (Sept, 2013)... Hope everything is alright in their corner of the world...

Would you be willing to give an illustration of what you see/view as "negative synchronicity"?
I have some idea of what I would count "synchronicity" (which, I'm sure, varies from person to person), but am kind of fuzzy on what you &/or the OP/author might be pointing to...

Thanks for your input & welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: seen2much
Nowadays people are told about the power of positive thinking and positive synchronicity. Has anyone suffered from chronic negative synchronicity? Has anyone ever experienced it to the extent it has dilapidated their life?

I have a mix of both but it did not affect me at all.

What ever fate I am now is the result of my beliefs. But when it comes to my health, I never got sick for the last two years even if I live in an impoverished crowded building filled with people from many different countries.

Also for the last two years, not one nightmare! I used to often have sleep paralysis and nightmares but not anymore it seems!

Thus, my take on the matter?? If I see something evil, then it is evil, I will not just stand idly by doing nothing and thinking it can be a positive thing.

If I see evil then I will try to solve it. It has done great for other people and that's all I care about. I will not think of everything (including evil) as positive just so I can look young forever and not get sick. That's selfish. I seemed to stopped getting sick and stopped getting nightmares anyway so battling evil by trying to eradicate or exposing them must be a good thing!

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: seen2much

You have to call on Tech Support when this happens...

but to answer your question... Yes, this has happened to me a very high level.

A very HIGH HIGH level that I do not even wish to discuss.

after all... this all a dream right? I was frozen awhile back.

Or you could just go back and check the astrological signs as to why this happening to you and the people that know you.

top topics

join