It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Different Take on that Early Christian Text - "Wife" as Soul

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Only when you love someone, can you truly be impregnated by them. If not no defense system truly allows entry of anything foreign.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
i have a question. is there anything out there giving the full (of what is actually there with no guessing involved) text?

all i have seen is a couple lines taken from it. rather hard to reach ANY conclusion based on a partial bit of a "piece" of a text. who knows what it really means, in all honesty even the fact that the entire text is a fragment of a text would still probably still leave major gaps in understanding, leading to a lot of possible answers. shame we don't have the full text to look at. as it is all we have is conjecture to what it means. people are ASSUMING meaning to it. in other words just GUESSING. not very scientific is it?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by deometer

Well done, Deometer.

It's good to see someone wading a little deeper, backed up by critical thought and proper education.
Our (human) cultural and intellectual past in not the soap opera that the internet "culture" (where "research" means flipping through links and websites) pretends it to be.
It deserves to be taken seriously.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder

Only when you love someone, can you truly be impregnated by them. If not no defense system truly allows entry of anything foreign.

Whatever.

It is still true that the spirit, or soul, is what impregnates. Not the other way around. The soul is the masculine principle.

the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being

Genesis is a metaphor of that principle. The spiritual is expressed and active through the physical which is passive, receptive, responsive and attractive.

Jesus could not have been referring to his "soul" as his wife. That just doesn't work.

That being said, I have no problem with Jesus having been married. However, a short statement doesn't prove it either. For all we know, Jesus was relating a story in the third person, as if a person was speaking of "his wife."

For example Jesus may have been quoting a man who asked "What of my wife?" When he was asked to give up everything and follow him.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Ok you win the spirit impregnates and the body receives. The spirit is the masculine principle and the body the feminine. As for Jesus and other mystics quiet often they would say "my beloved" and some people have been know to say nowadays "my beloved wife" The mystics relationship with God is all about love, love being a mixture of love and wisdom.

nice chatting with you ww. haven't crossed with you for a while.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join