It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really tired of the bull*Snip*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ever since I was a kid I've had questions about normal things in life. I'd ask, Why is the sky blue? Why are people different shades and colors? Why do we see only one side of the moon? Well like everyone else I got all sorts of answers and it didn't take long for me to realize, they were bull*SNIP* So here I am with questions still and even some theories of my own, hopefully amongst people who I can truly call piers! So let me get out and meet you folks!

edit on 9/20/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ok4fergy

Welcome!

We all have questions......

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Why is the sky blue?
A clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light. When we look towards the sun at sunset, we see red and orange colours because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight.

Why are people different shades and colors?
Human skin color is primarily due to the presence of melanin in the skin. Skin color ranges from almost black to white with a pinkish tinge due to blood vessels underneath.[1] Variation in natural skin color is mainly due to genetics, although the evolutionary causes are not completely certain.

Why do we see only one side of the moon?
We all know that the Earth rotates on its own axis, so theoretically, the Moon should also do the same, allowing us to get a full picture of the planetoid. Why are we limited to seeing only 50 percent? It turns out that the speed at which the Moon rotates has led to this particular phenomenon. Millions of years ago, the Moon spun at a much faster pace than it does now. However, the gravitational influence of the Earth has gradually acted upon the Moon to slow its rotation down, in the same way that the much smaller gravitational influence of the Moon acts upon the Earth to create tides. This influence slowed the rotational period of the Moon to match that of its orbit – about 29.5 days – and it is now "locked in" to this period. If the Moon didn't spin at all, then eventually it would show its far side to the Earth while moving around our planet in orbit. However, since the rotational period is exactly the same as the orbital period, the same portion of the Moon's sphere is always facing the Earth.

Welcome aboard

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Why is the sky blue?

Don't be deceived. It's all holographic...

Why are people different shades and colors?

God has a sense of humor...

Why do we see only one side of the moon?

It's not a moon, it's a ship.

Welcome to ATS !

Have Fun & Enjoy !!!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Welcomez to ATS...iz youz Santa Clawz...we'z beenz waiting for Santa Clawz to join......

Des

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Those poor cats...

Welcome!
Mind your language. We try to be better than that.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Welcome to the dark side...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Everything they said above. Oh and, it's spelled peers not piers .

Weclome

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Everything they said above. Oh and, it's spelled peers not piers .

Weclome

Oh ya ...we have grammar/spelling police here too

new topics

top topics

join