It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA combines human brains and 120-megapixel cameras to create the ultimate military threat detecti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

link

Now this is pretty amazing. So the system is tapping in to your brain responses to recognized objects.
And it seems that your brain is more powerful than a computer. when it comes to recognizing objects. for now.

After more than four years of research, DARPA has created a system that successfully combines soldiers, EEG brainwave scanners, 120-megapixel cameras, and multiple computers running cognitive visual processing algorithms into a cybernetic hivemind. Called the Cognitive Technology Threat Warning System (CT2WS), it will be used in a combat setting to significantly improve the US Army’s threat detection capabilities.

And the ultimate goal to give soldiers spidey senses!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Can't get over the Xbox controller in the guy's hands. If that is really a picture of a military project, it is disturbing on many levels.
edit on 20-9-2012 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by theshepherd2

It wouldnt be the first time they used game consoles to build something like that.

I cant remember when but the US military made a mini super computer using a couple dozen play station 3's.

Gaming consoles - Weapons of mass distraction, fun, and destruction. (When US mil uses it)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by theshepherd2

It wouldnt be the first time they used game consoles to build something like that.

I cant remember when but the US military made a mini super computer using a couple dozen play station 3's.

Gaming consoles - Weapons of mass distraction, fun, and destruction. (When US mil uses it)

I wouldn't say gaming consoles are weapons of mass destruction....More like Time Machines because when you sit down to play them, 2 - 5 hours pass at a blink of an eye.
edit on 20-9-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
S & F.

our new tech and ability to come up with more blows my mind. i will def want to keep an eye on this one.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshepherd2
Can't get over the Xbox controller in the guy's hands. If that is really a picture of a military project, it is disturbing on many levels.
edit on 20-9-2012 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

I know right? Everyone knows that a keyboard and mouse are much faster and accurate than a game pad controller.

give me a robot with a gun in a warzone that contains the basic ingredients in a First person shooter, aka, forward, backwards, strafe left, strafe right, and able to turn and shoot in the direction that my mouse points to, and that war zone will be decimated by me ;-p

Give me a gamepad and you may and well blow that robot up because reaction times are down significantly and accuracy is down too. Waste of ammo.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
What's the device on the tri-pod? It looks really cool.

top topics

join