It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Underwater ‘Crop Circles’ Discovered Off the Coast of Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Here we have some mysterious geometric patterns almost 80 feet below the surface of the ocean. They are quite amazing to look at...and how they are formed is even more amazing. This is one mystery that may be "solved", but still remain a creation of nature that is quite astonishing.

www.thisiscolossal.com...

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration less than five percent of the world’s oceans have been explored, meaning that 95% of what lies deep underwater on Earth has yet to be seen by human eyes.

One person who has dedicated his life to uncovering the mysteries of the deep is Japanese photographer Yoji Ookata who obtained his scuba license at the age of 21 and has since spent the last 50 years exploring and documenting his discoveries off the coast of Japan. Recently while on a dive near Amami Oshima at the southern tip of the country, Ookata spotted something he had never encountered before: rippling geometric sand patterns nearly six feet in diameter almost 80 feet below sea level. He soon returned with colleagues and a television crew from the nature program NHK to document the origins what he dubbed the “mystery circle.”

So how are these large mysterious geometric patterns created?

Using underwater cameras the team discovered the artist is a small puffer fish only a few inches in length that swims tirelessly through the day and night to create these vast organic sculptures using the gesture of a single fin. Through careful observation the team found the circles serve a variety of crucial ecological functions, the most important of which is to attract mates. Apparently the female fish are attracted to the hills and valleys within the sand and traverse them carefully to discover the male fish where the pair eventually lay eggs at the circle’s center, the grooves later acting as a natural buffer to ocean currents that protect the delicate offspring. Scientists also learned that the more ridges contained within the sculpture resulted in a much greater likelihood of the fish pairing.

A small puffer fish...It's amazing what such a small creature can create with lots of time. These "mysterious cirlces" may be a part of the reproduction process for these fish, but IMO, these tiny fish are wonderful artist.

for these puffer fish, and for nature in general for all of it's amazing creations.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
That's bloody awesome. Thanks for sharing

Had visions of Cornish farmers in Wet-suites when I read the title hehe

edit on 20-9-2012 by StarTraveller because: sp

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Pretty cool find nature is amazing in so many ways. That's a large pattern for such small fish. In essence its like a nest somewhat.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So now even puffer fish are better artists than I am

Seriously though, that's really awesome! It's mind boggling to think that so much of the ocean is "undiscovered" too.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still, pretty cool they can do that.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Dang...I even did a search on ATS and didn't come up with anything on it...

I think sometimes the ATS search function hides threads that are good so that there will be duplicate threads made so that the topic gets more attention...
...ok, not really, but sometimes I think the search function here has a mind of it's own.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Some real heavy duty geometry and yet all put down to a puff fish, and shrugged off on what this does either for protection of the leylines, fault lines and earth grid, or against it.

There is nothing passive about geometric shapes. Those puff fish must be on someone's payroll.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Why is the fish doing that? is there a similar geomagnetic shaped anomaly below the sand steering the fish to follow the pattern? There is quite a pile of sand there, what if anything is it covering. Maybe there is some sort of big gear like thing underneath or some corral formation buried there.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Some real heavy duty geometry and yet all put down to a puff fish, and shrugged off on what this does either for protection of the leylines, fault lines and earth grid, or against it.

There is nothing passive about geometric shapes. Those puff fish must be on someone's payroll.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Illuminati puffers?!

My introduction to real geometry was studying infectious disease in school. I dont know why it struck me then.. but when you start looking.. geometry and mathematics are EVERYWHERE. Made me think that if you truly understood mathematics.. you could comprehend anything since its the key.

agutie.homestead.com...
www.dnatube.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Nature is so fantastic! The sad thing is people buy Puffer fish to hang as decorations!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I had no idea those little puffer fish were so artistic its just amazing..Wonderful thread i enjoyed it and learned something also
S&F peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Could this mean that the crop circles on land are part of the aliens mating rituals????????

Wouldn't that be spooky to the max.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I am stunned...........thanks for your post..........awesome.

S&F That is the coolest thing I have seen in ages.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Looks like cymatics to me.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Prove its the fish. It's the work of Doug and Dave, the crop circle makers. It couldn't be anything other than people making those circles.

(which are very cool, thanks.)

edit on 20-9-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Puffer Fish.....the 5th best artist on the planet...

I wonder how many other animals/fish/whatever are capable of creating beautiful art like this.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
very cool about the fish. love this stuff, but also, thanx for the website link.
their homepage was awesome, dew covered bugs, a junk artist, awesome shots of waves.
thanx again.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This just goes to show how amazing nature really is. I love animals and this is a great example of why. There are so many cool animals out there that do so many amazing things.

Such as create something as beautiful as the "crop circle" in the OP.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
reply to post by isyeye

I had no idea those little puffer fish were so artistic its just amazing..Wonderful thread i enjoyed it and learned something also
S&F peace,sugarcookie1

They kill them to sell to tourists it is very sick.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
could of been made by uso unidenified submerged objects or the mermaids or nessie cant really see puffer fish doin that its a fish common lol...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join