It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Accusations Are True ATS - I Do Have An Agenda And I Have Been Manipulating You! My Confession.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveVanDeBerg
Angry evil stuff

Who are you then, posting under some new alias because you are afraid to be banned?

Its difficult for me to see people like you intentionally trying to hurt other people. I want to step in and prevent it. But I cant, so I will just tell you that I hope you find the good in yourself at some point.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911

Originally posted by DaveVanDeBerg
Angry evil stuff

Who are you then, posting under some new alias because you are afraid to be banned?

Its difficult for me to see people like you intentionally trying to hurt other people. I want to step in and prevent it. But I cant, so I will just tell you that I hope you find the good in yourself at some point.

I don't see him as intentionally trying to hurt...just being honest about his perceptions...and quite frankly I agree with him.

heff brought it on himself.. wording the Op and title the way he did, and later admitting that he is also manipulative in real life.

Yes..we all manipulate to some degree, and sometimes it is for worthy reasons, and other times people use manipulation for very selfish reasons.

I thought DaveVanDeborg's posts were very accurate...though I did not see the one that got T&C'd.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I don't mind people judging me. On the Internet or otherwise. I'm human and sometimes judge others as well, even though I know doing so to be wrong and irrational.

Having said that, to understand this thread, the intention for it, and the spirit behind it, you ( or anyone ) would have to dig deeper into my posting history to gain an accurate perspective. I understand my profile lists something like fifteen hundred threads and thirteen thousand posts ( guessing ) - but that is not really the case. Most of those posts and threads are in moderator only forums - so the reading list is not nearly as daunting as it may appear.

Basically what I am saying is that if you wish to judge me based upon a few hundred words from a single writing - then I am simply not going to take the opinion seriously as it is an incomplete opinion.

Also, the notion of finding solidarity in the opinions of others needs the same level of research, for you cannot know their histories, motives, or personalities any more than you know about a person who wrote an OP.

I do agree, my title choice caused a reaction I did not expect... Well I expected the right type of reaction from it, just not the extremity.

Just my .02 cents.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
heff brought it on himself.. wording the Op and title the way he did, and later admitting that he is also manipulative in real life.

There is a certain minimum level of perception required to fully understand what this thread was about, and Heff probably thought he was talking to mature adults here.

You and I have read the same posts. Yet we have a completely different opinion on what the message with his post was. Why is that so?

My perception of his post was simply that he wanted to show that we are all being manipulated. Every day. By everybody we meet and everything we see. It only takes a picture and you are affected by it in milliseconds. Its quite an interesting observation. In my opinion.

Why is it that so many people attack this message or interpret it as Heff somehow is gloating for understanding this? Was it the thread title that upset you? And not only attacking, but completely trying to destroy the man behind this post. What is it inside you that makes you hate him so much for posting this?

edit on 22-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I knew I would get some heat. But I had no clue it would be So much heat.

Which begs the question, why is this thread still open? Pages and pages of flames and ego and actions (none for the Op though
).

I've seen more interesting threads closed for less.

Though well intentioned, I guess, it's been fascinating like a train wreck. Here's hoping it sinks to the rock bottom soon.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

I will rather see it closed than see more people post hateful messages. Ive seen the worst of the ATS community in this thread. A community who thinks of itself with such pride for being intelligent, and yet some of you have completely misunderstood this thread and attacked a man who had no bad intentions at all.

edit on 22-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
After reading the last few pages, I was unable to find any input as to the actual thread topic

Closed

Thank you

Semper
edit on 9/22/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join