It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Accusations Are True ATS - I Do Have An Agenda And I Have Been Manipulating You! My Confession.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

If you'd have continued reading then you'd know that you completely misunderstood and misinterpreted my entire OP.

~Heff

ETA: Illustration of the old saying about going off half-cocked!

edit on 9/20/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The beloved comedian Bill Hicks (R.I.P.) had a good stand up routine that addressed advertisers, marketers and manipulators. No offense to heff. This is not directed at you!

The content is PG-13... for language

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Oddly one of the few things I've been manipulated into that didn't cost me a fortune, months in therapy, or get me a few hundred Hail Mary's!

~Heff

I once got manipulated into conspiracy theories and it was all down hill from there

Peace.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I wouldn't say any of your thread have manipulated me, but one thing I will say from your more recent threads is you feel something bad is very close to happening, almost as though there isn't much time left.

If they were threads to manipulate us into thinking that
, well-

1- I was already thinking it, I sense we are very close to some big events occuring

2- I took on board what you said but as YOUR opinion.

Weird actually, I was close to replying to a couple of your recent threads but never. Not even sure why.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

First off let me say that I am the artist formerly know as TRGreer. I got hacked changed passwords lost them and I am done trying to figure out the mess. I wanted to say how stunning it is to see so many thanking you for manipulating them. Its far to easy for you to say it was for a noble cause and it should be far to hard for those manipulated to forgive let alone thank you. The current madness of society is mirrored here in this post. How easy it is to believe and convenience oneself that a person in a position of power and influence would care anything about the peasants. How quickly the peasants flock for approval and favor.

edit on 20-9-2012 by SuicideBankers because: clarification

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SuicideBankers

If you wish to judge manipulation - then you should also judge agenda and end result. These things speak to motive.

I gained nothing for posting this thread other than a few compliments, and an equal number of damning complaints. So end results, for me are a wash. Unless you wish to count flags and stars - things I truly don't put much stock in personally. They're nice, but they don't pay my rent or buy my groceries.

My agenda was simple, and plainly stated - simply to show folks how even a 30 second TV spot might incite an emotional reaction and set off a chain reaction of thought. Smokers are a good example. I can go hours without a smoke - but let me see a person on TV or in a movie light up, and I'm reaching for my pack. It's suggestibility and conditioning.

The more we know, the more control we have over our own reactions. If I played a slight bait and switch to make that point - I feel no guilt. And, no, I am not some self - described guru or genius... just a guy with a gift for behavioral patterns and a desire to share.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

i'm sorry but based on this post alone i think you give yourself far too much credit. Actually no, maybe you are right maybe you can manipulate the average person very easily, see me i unfortunately am almosy void of emotion ( I DONT LIKE THIS ITS A CURSE AND A GIFT ) those pictures you showed, this post, some of your passed posts have not invoked what you believe it did in me.

Dont get me wrong, manipulation can be VERY SUBTLE im not lier, i am a VERY GOOD manipulator, i grew up in the Streets started selling illegal drugs at a very young age, and using said drugs on a daily basis too, i HAD to be a master manipulator if i wanted to function *AS GOOD* (not all addicts and drug dealers can manipulate well but then those peoples lives are just that much harder, my life wasnt all that bad; considering

Now here i am i dont sell any illegal drugs, i dont use illegal drugs - just prescribed ones that keep me off the illegal ones, and ive kept the tools of the trade from back in the day, i assure you i am VERY hard to manipulate and i am a master manipulator myself, too this day i still use these skills, though now a days i try to only use it on deserving people and not on good people, friends as i would in the passed.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Question everything. Question it all. And look to see if anybody is yanking at your heart strings, your values, your ego your sense of security, or your emotions. If so? Refuse to be manipulated! Fight the good fight.

Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold.

Leo Tolstoy

It's a nice feeling, that from time to time, people stand up to the hardest decisions. I respect you for making the decision to risk it all, just to prove a point. A valuable, moral, inspirational point.
edit on 20-9-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: rephrased

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
as I learned after my 'Event' thread not all mods are bad, and there are some who even warned me the thread would get me "followed". oh well I let the fear go long ago. "bullets over microchips". thats my motto. because they are not keeping my soul here no way no how.. star and flag for originality.
edit on 20-9-2012 by GameKeeper because: changed some ish

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Don't take it personally Heff. I was actually drawing from the following article although I must confess that I did word my reply to illicit a certain reaction.

www.infowars.com...

A quote from the above mentioned article.

"As Robert Gellately of Florida State University has highlighted, Germans under Hitler denounced their neighbors and friends not because they genuinely believed them to be a security threat, but because they expected to selfishly benefit from doing so, both financially, socially and psychologically via a pavlovian need to be rewarded by their masters for their obedience."

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
In order to participate on this site I have to take some things at face value. If Heff says he has PTSD and is Bipolar II, I either believe it, with a corresponding attitude, or I don't. Naturally he could simply lie about it, then point out later that he lied, then claim he "manipulated" us. If he did, indeed, do that, I'd write him off as a sociopath.

Now if Heff wanted to really be a self-proclaimed "agent," i.e.: He's not a real agent, but plays one on ATS, then he has a reputation to maintain, otherwise his manipulations are all for naught. And he just blew that by "confessing" to ATS, all to show us how easily manipulated we are.

Gosh, Heff, I'm so chagrined. here you are Mensa material and you just showed us all how stupid we are. I guess I learned my lesson! Yes, I did! A lesson in humility, a lesson in how easily we can all become sheeple, a lesson in how really smart Heff is and how we really ought to listen to him because, after all, he's been engaged in a campaign of manipulating us and he claims to have been "largely successful." Of course, he is grading himself, but let's just let that go for a moment.

In fact, let's let go of Heff for a moment because, really, this is not just about him. But he has us in a kind of convenient condition. He has criticized us all en masse, all to great accolades from those thusly criticized, yet no one can actually respond because that would be a criticism of a specific member, which is disallowed under T&C. Besides, he's a Moderator and Moderators have POWER over us mere mortals.

Of course, he's not flaunting it. That would be a No-no, and he "has a right to an opinion, too, by God!" (said with righteous indignation), but it's still there, isn't it? The Boss can call his employees a bunch of ninnies, but an employee better think twice about calling the Boss a ninnie. It kind of works well until you get into court, and the employee-rights attorney portrays the Boss as one who had power over said employee and manipulated her into an affair. Now the company pays out millions. Of course, the analogy is a stretch. I’m just saying that this sort of manipulative behavior can turn on you in the real world. It’s frowned upon and can be legally sanctioned. But ATS is not the real world, is it?

But alas, we are here. How convenient. So let us speak in generalities. Here’s one:

PTSD is a manufactured condition. By and large it is fake. It did not exist before Vietnam. (Yes, I can hear the outrage. This is not a politically correct thing to say, is it? Because “everyone knows” how debilitating PTSD can be. Just ask a victim.) In fact, in WW II, if you had PTSD you were scorned. Remember Patton actually got into trouble for haranguing a young soldier who said he “just couldn’t take it.” So it was actually starting back then. We had a few “shell shock” victims in the Korean War. I knew two of them who would come to the library and sit listlessly all day. One walked to the bookshelves, turned and walked until he hit more bookshelves, then turned and walked back again—all day long. Yes, I think that was real. Both men were as nice as could be, would never think of manipulating you, and were totally dysfunctional.

But today PTSD is an industry. And it’s because we no longer call PTSD victims cowards and threaten to shoot them. Instead we say, “Oh, poor baby. You must have been through so much. Here let me help you. Here’s some money.” This has crept out into the civilian world as well. If someone so much as looks at you cross-eyed you can claim PTSD. It used to be that if you encountered a stressful situation in your life, you worked through it and kept going. But today even a break-up with a girlfriend engenders PTSD. Divorce? A car accident? Laid off? Oh, poor baby!

You see I’m ex military, too. And I have listened to more than one conversation around the campfire that discussed exactly what to say and whom to speak to to ensure a claim was upheld. “If you say THIS, they’re not allowed to deny you!’ It’s a little more difficult for Navy guys, but, you know those F-18s taking off from deck 18 hours a day is really loud, ergo, PTSD!

So when I hear PTSD or other 21st century acronyms of diseases that didn’t exist prior, I instantly think fraud and abuse. Not always, of course, for in any disinformation campaign, there is a verifiable kernel of truth. But the bottom line is that here’s someone who “can’t work” and wants disability payments, meaning I’ll have to carry them for the rest of their life. It’s a character issue, and I’m not impressed.

47% of us are doing the same thing right now. We’re not responsible. Someone else is at fault. We “can’t make it” without being dependent on government to “help” us. It’s an attitude that any other century would find shockingly irresponsible. And if more people take it on we’re not going to have a country left, and let’s see how far your “disability” payments go then. You might actually have to work for a living.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideBankers
I must confess that I did word my reply to illicit a certain reaction.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Ooh, good one

The biggest reaction I've had is to you guys using the word "illicit", when I think you mean "elicit". Then again, I confess I can be pedantic.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Thats exactly what us guys meant.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I was spelling it that way to manipulate you into replying. Now I can inform Pinky that our quest for world domination is nearly complete.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
Why should I have to constantly figure out who the hell is lying to me..manipulating me?? Why do I have to constantly for instants watch videos of say...Bigfoot and have to sit there trying to figure out...investigate if it's real or not? Why?

Ahhhh, but in this instance Heff is not lying to you, he's stated his position upfront. So the question then becomes why are you heaping your anger over being manipulated and lied to by other people on him? Is it because he has provided an easy target for your angst or because he's thrown a mirror up infront of all of us and some do not like what they see?

As I said before, it's never easy to come to the realization that we've been played by a master manipulator. We all like to believe that we are above it and our intellect such that if presented with it we can see right through it. Remember, the best lie almost always contains a kernal of truth in it. It is our job, and I'll go as far as saying our responsibility, to get to the nugget of truth in the lie (or manipulation) and go from there. To do that I believe what Heff said in his conclusion in the OP to be the correct course of action and that is "Question everything", as I stated before as well.

Why???????

Because it's basic human nature to believe that through manipulation of others to sway belief/thinking to their side, increasing numbers, translates into a particular side being right and the other wrong, when often it is just the opposite. The might = right way of thinking if you will.

You're lying to people...you take their trust and stomp on it!!!

Not at all. What I believe Heff has presented is an excercise in critical thinking which most have failed to recognize. The fact that he manipulated you into an emotional response rather than a rational one is proof that his manipulation of your emotions worked. The fact that you were willing to toss aside any 'truth' he may be trying to present in his entire OP is what he may have been counting on... and if so, it worked. You then took that emotional response, discounting any information further in his OP and formulated what can essentially be called a knee jerk reaction of his person (you did after all call him a liar) based on emotion over fact which actually points to the whole point of the OP as I read it.

What I take away as his 'point' of the whole thing is this: Don't let anyone manipulate you into an emotional response. First question what you are seeing, being told to think or feel in order to get to the agenda behind it and once there, move on to create your own 'truth' as you see it in a more rational way.

If it helps to have a recent example of this, think on the whole Kony2012 mess and the emotional manipulation that went on there that covered up the actual agenda of the 'movement'. Eventually critical thinking won out but not before a whole bunch of otherwise intelligent folks got sucked in by the extreme emotions being played by a small number of master manipulators.

edit on 20-9-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So you manipulated others to get stars and flags with a thread about how you manipulate people. Congrats, you are very good at it. Your threads and posts are average, some good some bad. Not what I would say as an expert though. I do the same thing, I put out comments to see what impact it has on the direction of the thread. Even if noone replies I gain information on any changes that occur. I also check on changes as other people comment, sometimes the direction takes a sharp turn even amongst people who were agreeing previously. I think everyone does this to some point whether they realize it or not.

So how many people with great knowledge of things did you chase away anyway?
edit on 20-9-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I was spelling it that way to manipulate you into replying. Now I can inform Pinky that our quest for world domination is nearly complete.

No no no .... I was just in a hurry. Besides I had to fire Pinky for secretly manipulating me. All this time I took him for a fool!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Just to touch a few bases:

1) Mods are members, and subject to the same rules as all other members. The notions of ATS "royalty" so to speak are illusory. You've been around long enough to see #1 members and mods banned.

2) If if did not come across clearly, I will clarify. I do not speak from "on high" and willingly and humbly include myself in the category of those who have been manipulated. I claim no superior or special enlightenment. I only stated that I've learned some things and wished to share.

3) I did not get PTSD in combat. And, though the term did not exist after WW1, !!, Korea, or 'Nam, the condition did. It was just highly misunderstood and referred to as "battle fatigue" or "shell shock". It is certainly not a contrivance to justify hand outs. Hand outs, by the way, I have never received in 28 years of treatment.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

reply to post by tracehd1

If you'd have continued reading then you'd know that you completely misunderstood and misinterpreted my entire OP.

~Heff

ETA: Illustration of the old saying about going off half-cocked!

edit on 9/20/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

Ok...I read the rest of your post....I saw the beautiful pictures...I read every word and still feel the same way. You said you have been manipulating people... You want to point out by watching a sad movie of let's say someone that was raped and I cry because I have sympathy for the victim I am being manipulated? I was raped...so when I see stories of others being raped I sympathize! So....where's the manipulation?

I think you think to much..and have totally screwed up the meaning of fake crap and lies and call it manipulation, which in the end it could be if the person chooses to believe....and I'm sick of people lying to me. So....I'm sorry that I don't understand your point.

What I have read of your manipulation...what the hell am I missing? I don't want people to show me information and lie to me but unfortunately I have to research every word written or every video posted to see if it's fake or a lie. Ridiculous!

How about we all just be honest with each other? Wait......for it.....hahaha!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join