It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Accusations Are True ATS - I Do Have An Agenda And I Have Been Manipulating You! My Confession.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911

reply to post by Hefficide

I hope people take your words to heart, because instead of your pictures, you could simply have shown the topics being discussed at ATS. They are equally manipulative, most of them designed to make the reader feel fear, anger, frustration and other negative emotions.

So what is the reason for this? Why do people feel the need to do this to eachother? To sit around and fuel eachothers negative emotions?

Perhaps they want someone to tell them its all going to be OK. Whats your opinion on this?

Personally, I think it revolves around self preservation. All of the negative emotions sharpen our instinct for survival, whether it's to preserve ourselves physically or emotionally. A natural defense mechanism.

Manipulation is a form of emotional defense in an attempt to convince ourselves that we're still sane when we fear that we are on the edge of insanity! LOL!!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Why bother looking at the picture when it is all BULL? Once I find a liar and manipulator their word is worthless to me ....... nothing to see here but bull hockey ...please move on!

If I have ever lied on ATS, please point it out for me. Thanks.

And if manipulators are beneath you then you've missed the point of the entire OP and you might want to avoid mirrors... as we all do it. Every day.

~Heff

While I know SOME people lie everyday... others DON'T

I give little credence to pictures because they can be a visual lie by cropping and framing them let alone photo-hopped..... and distort reality...... I understand what you claim but once any person tries to manipulate me by using my good nature and trust I toss them to the side in a pile of garbage that used to be people I knew or knew.....

How would we really know if you lied? Your apparent claim and need for psychiatric help or need to work all goes in the trash bin to me......

Have you tried politics? I hear in Georgia there are plenty of sheeple to be your fodder.....

I have been watching your threads and I haven't posted on many of them because over time people will prove who and what they are.... just like you have!

link   

Originally posted by kman420
I read 2 paragraphs and fell asleep from bordom and stupidity...

Not to mention it seemed like i was reading from Hitlers diary...
edit on 20-9-2012 by kman420 because: (no reason given)

I have never really been that bored, because I can fill the void with imagination and contemplation. So I suppose that boredom is a choice reflecting on one's own disposition.

Also, I have to point out that it's nothing like Hitler's diary (if one exists), as it would have to be in German rather than English. Unless you are inferring a translated version of the diary.

link   
I was going to cast judgement at first, but the mentalist, psychology student, hypnotist (all one side
) side of me admires this immensely. I already know a number of the tricks of manipulation and am sure use them quite frequently without even contemplating upon it. Nice thread, S &F.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

So obviously you're forum moderator...and I've been here only a year and a half....but who the ##SNIPPED## are you?

This is a first thread you authored that I saw...therefore...I consider myself "unmanipulated" by you..obviously.

Reading your post...left me with the impression that you give yourself too much credit.

Carry on...

edit: didn't star or flag...sorry 'bout that.
edit on 20-9-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Sep 20 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Unlike the first poster I do not want to get naked...

But S&F... very good thread. And very true, concerning government entities, media and the occasional man, they are out to manipulate rather than inform, and there is a constant need to say, no! I will look for the truth.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Haha, I am afraid you opened a source of cognitive dissonance judging by some of the replies to your post. Many seem to be taking what you said totally out of context, and want to make it personal against your character.

Insinuations abound, however I have learned that any initial judgement tends to lean towards a high value of inaccuracy.

As a result of my observations and experiences, I have slowly altered my own methods of coming to judgement by withholding my prejudices and pondering the possibilities and facets more in depth as that usually leads towards a higher accuracy rate and more reasonable conclusions.

We all have to struggle with our own prejudices every day, and the sooner we face them and overcome them, the better off we will be in the battle against ignorance.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

~Heff

Agreed. Irrelevant to any topic at hand, but, hey, I'll give you a free pass on that for now, other than to reiterate that if you are inferring that I lie - I still ask you to point it out. If you can't? Well then one of us is obviously lying.

I give little credence to pictures because they can be a visual lie by cropping and framing them let alone photo-hopped..... and distort reality...... I understand what you claim but once any person tries to manipulate me by using my good nature and trust I toss them to the side in a pile of garbage that used to be people I knew or knew.....

Crypic reference about people you knew. Are you my ex wife? As for pictures? You caught me red handed. The baby seal is actually wearing full FBI web gear in the full picture.

How would we really know if you lied? Your apparent claim and need for psychiatric help or need to work all goes in the trash bin to me......
You have no idea if I lie or not - though consistency of statement is a good indicator. And I do not discuss a need for psychiatric help. I discuss 28 years of being involved in it as a patient and also as a counselor for others - on a voluntary basis. I have no credentials in the field.

Have you tried politics? I hear in Georgia there are plenty of sheeple to be your fodder.

You really want to insult an entire state just to take a shot at me? I'm flattered.

I have been watching your threads and I haven't posted on many of them because over time people will prove who and what they are.... just like you have!

For a person who apparently dislikes me immensely, you seem to put a lot of work into paying attention to me. Might I be manipulating you into doing so? The mystery deepens.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I have never really been that bored, because I can fill the void with imagination and contemplation. So I suppose that boredom is a choice reflecting on one's own disposition.

Bravo

I had to employ the same tactic throughout my last marriage.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Manipulation is a form of emotional defense in an attempt to convince ourselves that we're still sane when we fear that we are on the edge of insanity! LOL!!

Sanity is an interesting topic in itself as well.

Sanity (from Latin: sānitās) refers to the soundness, rationality and healthiness of the human mind, as opposed to insanity. A person is sane if he/she is rational.

Rationality It is a normative concept of reasoning in the sense that rational people should derive conclusions in a consistent way given the information at disposal.

This means that sanity is relative, not objective, because information at your disposal can be quite different compared to someone elses information, specially if you include intuition and personal experiences.

Are we off topic yet?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

Thats not nice, I like Hef and i think of him as my friend, I have many friends here and i read their posts.

If theres nothing to see here how come you read every post up to mine and then decide that here was nothing to see here and bothered posting to tell me that there is nothing to see here

Love and harmony
Whateva

BOO Hoo, I like Heff but he is nothing more than a stranger posting on a blog...... You don't know him personally and neither do I...

He could be one of those strangers handing out candy to children or he could be a priest ... I don't know and I don't care but when anyone tells me he is a manipulator and a troll it kinds ruins any positive thought I had about a person.

I was speaking of the pictures and yet another apparent attempt to manipulate a discussion... nothing more; nothing less...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That made me laugh out loud!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I only know two people personally from GA...... one is a total fruit loop while the other is only halfway there.... HA HA

Gwen, who lived in Marietta, drove around in the car her brother committed suicide in pointing out to people that it was her brothers brains splattered all over the interior roof of the car..... the other person is really way out there

I will admit I like you but detest you attitude.....

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Has anyone ever called you a narcissist? Excellent post!!! My brand, breed, or kind- whatever you might call it, will always be easily manipulated when it comes to the human condition. I tend to see peoples agendas, they usually wear them on their sleeves, but part of me likes to think that ignorance tends to misconstrue morality. To suggest that you control people through munipulation is a very vain understanding of what is occurring. You are using a person's ethical code to commandeer their opinion. Fortunately, such things are temporary, and time to contemplate usually allows for the mind to regain control of the senses. Most likely, It is my kind that you see as the easiest of marks, for I am not agenda driven, I merely seek to control myself- but, you will assuredly tell me that you have even inffected my own self control. Fantastic post, and it will be truly inspiring for most- but such things come with a huge spiritual toll, and a loss of innocence. I prefer what little bit of innocence I have left.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
Excellent thread

Agree

Heffalump and so relevant this week as well.

Agree

I wanna get naked!

Agree, but not by myself.

S&F

Agree

edit on 20-9-2012 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

Agree, it needed to be edited.

Conformity, people play their part.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

BOO Hoo, I like Heff but he is nothing more than a stranger posting on a blog...... You don't know him personally and neither do I...

True enough. But why the need to be so crass to another member? I thought it was me you did not care for.

He could be one of those strangers handing out candy to children or he could be a priest ... I don't know and I don't care but when anyone tells me he is a manipulator and a troll it kinds ruins any positive thought I had about a person.

Correct again, other than inferring that I called myself a troll. As I did not.

I was speaking of the pictures and yet another apparent attempt to manipulate a discussion... nothing more; nothing less...

The DISCUSSION is about how we are all manipulated. The pictures were examples of emotional manipulation. What part of this is losing you? Would you become indignant if I began a thread on ice cream and then showed pictures of Chunky Monkey and Rocky Road?

Credibility is fading here I think.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I will admit I like you but detest you attitude.....

The evidence that you might be my ex-wife is really, really piling up!

~Heff

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I applaud you for being honest and upfront. I now understand how easily we can be manipulated. It makes me wonder how many "bad" people (you are definitively not one of them) are doing that to others.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

~Heff

Agreed. Irrelevant to any topic at hand, but, hey, I'll give you a free pass on that for now, other than to reiterate that if you are inferring that I lie - I still ask you to point it out. If you can't? Well then one of us is obviously lying.

Crypic reference about people you knew. Are you my ex wife? As for pictures? You caught me red handed. The baby seal is actually wearing full FBI web gear in the full picture.

You have no idea if I lie or not - though consistency of statement is a good indicator. And I do not discuss a need for psychiatric help. I discuss 28 years of being involved in it as a patient and also as a counselor for others - on a voluntary basis. I have no credentials in the field.

Have you tried politics? I hear in Georgia there are plenty of sheeple to be your fodder.

You really want to insult an entire state just to take a shot at me? I'm flattered.

For a person who apparently dislikes me immensely, you seem to put a lot of work into paying attention to me. Might I be manipulating you into doing so? The mystery deepens.

~Heff

Still trying to find out where I said I dislike you? OH more manipulation.... fail on your part.....

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The world in which we now live is nothing but a manipulated hole in which we are force fed our beliefs and kept in constant fear:

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join