It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Accusations Are True ATS - I Do Have An Agenda And I Have Been Manipulating You! My Confession.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yes, I read your post.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
Im not shocked.

But you failed. I am unable to be manipulated..because i see the truth everywhere.

As for your thread.. one word - Ego

Is it just me?

The fact that you THINK you are incapable of being manipulated and can see the "truth" everywhere screams EGO!

I think you just got manipulated by your own ego, pal!

Too many people have it and cherish it, as it will be the end of mankind

Looks like you're going down with the rest of them.

link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Then let me address things:

Originally posted by rtyfx

You know, since you've admitted playing games with all of us for your own personal amusement, I feel sure that somewhere in that fat tome of Terms & Conditions there must be a prohibition against such behavior.

I wonder if it will ever be enforced.

I do not believe I said anything about my personal amusement.

As a member of ATS, moderator or otherwise, if you think I have broken T&C, hoaxed, or violated the well being of the community, please use the complain or alert feature to inform the rest of the staff. I will harbor no ill feelings if you do this and would expect you to if you do feel that rules have been violated.

~Heff

link   

I hope people take your words to heart, because instead of your pictures, you could simply have shown the topics being discussed at ATS. They are equally manipulative, most of them designed to make the reader feel fear, anger, frustration and other negative emotions.

So what is the reason for this? Why do people feel the need to do this to eachother? To sit around and fuel eachothers negative emotions?

Perhaps they want someone to tell them its all going to be OK. Whats your opinion on this?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by judus

So would you class the system as manipulating us or programming us ?

I would presume that it attempts to program/indoctrinate us with fallacies in order to hopefully manipulate our physical actions.

That doesn't mean it always works, as we can choose alternatives.
But overall in general, it has proven to work in many cases with a high ratio of success.

I am inclined to believe that it is working less and less as the 'Information Age' comes into it's own and we slowly lift the bar of intellectual quality as a society.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Think a lot of yourself, don't you.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

Fear is the answer. We're all petrified by similar things, so we express those fears in the hope that, eventually, someone will come along with an answer.

Basically, no matter how old, strong, intelligent, or capable we become, some part of us always remains that small child, pulling the covers up in a dark bedroom, hollering for mommy and daddy.

It's in our make-up and there are people out there who realize this, and they use it to their advantage.

My thoughts on that at least.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx

Think a lot of yourself, don't you.

It is important to note that being one's self leads to speaking from the vantage point of one's self.
Impossible to avoid for the most part.

Do you not think of yourself?
How would you know when to eat? To take a bath/shower? To put on cloths? Etc.

There is nothing inherently wrong with considering one's self.
However, things can become unethical or immoral when one thinks or caters towards themselves over others at their expense or detriment.

It's a mixed bag, and every case must be inspected in order to determine which way it leads.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Heff

I get accused of trying to change people's minds, or trying to convince them of a this that or the other all the time. Meanwhile, I'm doing nothing more than contributing to the discussion, debate and or argument. Most of the time it's just me posting my opinion or a thought.

Great topic

edit on 20-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Meh, you know how it is Slayer... Those who can't create, destroy. It's part of life - and God bless 'em all.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I know when I'm being talked down to and I don't appreciate it. It's BS.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Yes, similar thoughts to my own.

Fear is a very interesting topic in itself. The reason for it, in particular. So much of our behavior is controlled by fear. But fear of what? Almost everything!

I think most people in our western societies feel fear every day of their life. Its like its built into the fabric of society. Which is kind of interesting to think about as well.

I realize this is not a question, just something that you made me think of with your reply.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Heff

I get accused or trying to change peoples minds, or trying to convince them of a this that or the other all the time. Meanwhile, I'm doing nothing more than contributing to the discussion, debate and or argument. Most of the time it's just posting my opinion or a thought.

Great topic

I like it when you change my mind or open my mind to something I have never thought about.
I enjoy challenging my beliefs or conceptions and eliminating them if they prove flimsy or unfounded.

I love it when someone overcomes the difficulty of convincing my skeptical and reluctant mind of some truth/fact I have overlooked or dismissed in the past. I call it learning something new, and you sir have granted me that opportunity many times and I thank you for your contribution to my habitual addiction to having my mind blown.

Yes, I am an info addict and you are quite the enabler/dealer/peddler.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Yes, I am an info addict and you are quite the enabler/dealer/peddler.

Oh don't get me wrong. I've had my eyes opened to new things, views and perspective many times here at ATS over the years. What I and I guess many have issues with are those who have a strict one sided agenda [Which again I get accused of having] being ram rodded in threads. Change is a good thing if it's in a positive light.

I hate be ignorant [In the true meaning of the word] on certain subjects or situations. I've always liked learning new things.
edit on 20-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Four pages in and I might mention that part of the idea for this thread was born a thread or three back when I noticed that merely using the word "manipulation" in a post caused a huge backlash for several pages.

Food for thought, that. The mere word seems to incite rage. Interesting bit of psychology going on there.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I read 2 paragraphs and fell asleep from bordom and stupidity...

Not to mention it seemed like i was reading from Hitlers diary...
edit on 20-9-2012 by kman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
By far the most interesting post I have read in awhile. well done heff.

What is even more interesting are the variety of responses you are getting......talk about "lifting the veil" Was this part of the aim for the thread as well? Cause if it was, then you deserve some golden trophy icon, cause stars won't cut it....

I don't suppose you'd confess if it was, would you? Winky, wink, wink......

Have fun with this one, it will be interesting to see how ATSers handle your "confession" but then again, i guess the point of confessions to a "manipulative person" such as your self, are to gain trust......Irony! Paradox! Absurdity! Loving it!

omg......I could go on forever with this...let me stop, and simply say thanks for the lesson on social engineering....think it's working out brilliantly for ya.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kman420

Did Hitlers diary keep you awake for more than two paragraphs? Just curious.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Yes, this is a thread where the different reactions to it are as interesting as the original post.

Reading it makes me feel good. Its stimulating. And yet I see others who find it boring. Its fashinating.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is kinda the point I'm trying to make of late. You have no idea if that youtube video your watching or that thread your reading is written by someone who just basically knowingly or unknowingly is not telling the truth!

How do you know your not trusting something said by someone who's got a mental illness? Well you don't, so that's why you have to take anything that can not be proven with a pinch of salt. It "might be true" but it might be rubbish as well so you've got to take it that way.

If not your just as gullable as the people you slate for beliving the goverment or corporation

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join