It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Accusations Are True ATS - I Do Have An Agenda And I Have Been Manipulating You! My Confession.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
All joking aside..
This thread has shown me something other than what it intended. There are more mean spirited, vile, judgmental, contentious people on here than ever before. Where do you people come from? What is wrong with you? What drives you to say what you do? You arent rebutting, discussing, debating,.. you cant even manage to reply civilly. How do you people function in real life? Does it make you feel good to say things to someone here that would get your teeth knocked out in real life? What problem do you have that drives you to have the need.. no, compulsion.. to spew things the way you do? Do you speak to people in real life like this?? I can guarantee you dont. I deal with you worms every day and it is you who are the true parasite and destroyer of this world.

YOU are the problem in this world. Not the manipulators or the psychopaths, sociopath, etc. Its YOU. The cowards who will attack a person you dont know because you need to feel better about your miserable selves or so **savage** that you possess no interpersonal skills and dont care to acquire any. You disgust me. You have this compulsion to lash out with some perverse psychology,no understanding,no self discipline and harm others... only because you are far away. I truly despise a coward and a bully.

Thank you for showing your true faces to all and all lurkers. I will not forget you. I have a visceral revulsion in my guts to this sort of weak cowardice. God/gods/etc help us if this is what those seeking the truth are made of because we have failed before we have started if so. I dont care if you flame me, I despise you already. Youre abhorrent to me and any civilized person is revolted by your behavior.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Manipulation is a product of emotion, and we prefer to think ourselves creatures of logic and reason. We don't invest in emotion too greatly – even as emotion, in all reality, dictates far more of our behavior than does logic.

There is truth in this but does that in and of itself make emotion a bad thing. Intentionally manipulative people often enjoy manipulating the more sincere and empathic people by 'pulling their strings' and taking joy in their own self-percieved superiority in being able to do so.

Have you ever become compliant, happy, and overly courteous simply because you smelled your favorite food cooking?

Have you ever found youself overly generous and compassionate because you saw true pain in the eyes of another?

Is there a particular celebrity who either incites you to hysteria or absolute rage simply at the sight of them or the sound of their voice?

Have you ever known a person who knew exactly how to calm or infuriate you with a single glance or word?

Is there a song or film clip that makes you instantly emotional each and every time you are exposed to it?

Guess what? These are cases where logic failed you and manipulation won out.

Look at these pictures, and please pause for just a moment, on each, so that you can have a chance to recognize the emotions that they make invoke. Not everyone will react to each and every image – but you should react to enough of them to understand what I am getting at:

So because people tend to be manipulated via their emotions does that mean that it would be good for people to develop an emotional detachment to the world around them to reduce the affects of intentional manipulation?
I would say that perhaps it would be good for people to not detach from their emotional capacity but to strengthen there capacity for discernment before they invest emotionally in that which would grab their attention in the outer world.

These photos that were displayed in the OP remind me of some of the tests done to decipher if someone is a psychopath or not (not implying the OP is one). In studies done in prisons those prisoners who scored as psychopaths on previous tests were hooked up to equipment that monitored their body in ways that can't be changed on a conscious level such as brain patterns, blood pressure, heart rate etc... and they were shown photographs on a screen in front of them, photos of horror interspersed with photos of beautiful things, dead bodies then a field of flowers, a word such as cancer then healing etc...

What they found was that there was no change in response in the psychopaths between the wonderful images and the horrific images, it was all the same to them, one did not mean any more or less than the other.

The same test was done on the non-pychopathic prisoners and there was a definate change in their bodily responses to the said stimuli, they reacted to the images as one would have thought on a bodily level.

I do believe that what advertisers and intentional manipulators are doing is to try and kill this natural often unconsious response that is connected to something that is in the core of many of us which is the conscience and the capacity to have an emotional response. To be able to feel and have genuine discernment at the same time. The capacity to care, love and not be made a fool in the process.

One of the purposes that the elite have is to turn us cold, to kill our emotions. They are psychopaths but there are many around us in the real world who are also without a conscience. They are the enemy, predators, no less so than a hungry lion is to a deer. Human predators that would strip away our capacity to feel emotion by taking advantage of us and laughing in our faces afterword that we brought it on ourselves.

The cremation of care. Once they strip people of their capacity to feel, to care for themselves and others on a genuine and sincere level then they have already won the 'game' no matter what side of the fence a person sits on. The thing is to not be tricked through the emotions without having a good capacity for discernment and to also keep your capacity to have genuine emotions based on that discernment at the same time.

I would rather be tricked though into feeling a genuine emotion that turned out to be unwarranted than to be an emotionless and detached drone.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

so personal shots manipulated you...... to make a post about it and where your post is going
edit on 21-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Boomer1941

Nope, but I bet Madison Ave mind controlled you about which toilet paper product to purchase and which Air Freshener to use.

~Heff

Actually, and I feel this as I have a tendency to stand back and look at myself from time to time, I am never swayed by advertising, I find it a bore with money making motives. I could go on here but typing this on a tablet is an absolute pain in the A$$.

But buying that tablet was your own idea, right? Advertising had nothing to do with it.

Uh, hello?

link   
reply to post by Advantage

Many of these attackers are themselves beaten emotionally and sometimes physically in real life. They likely operate under the "a good defense is a good offense" mentality, making a preemptive strike in a manner to defend themselves. As I mentioned earlier many of these people see a thread like this and realize that they use these tactics themselves, not wanting to believe that they are manipulators they lash out against the idea.

Those who profess that manipulation is good and those that attack others for bringing up the subject of manipulation are largely trying to justify their own actions and viscously defend themselves against a truth they do not want to hear.

Edit: I've witnessed first hand the lengths some are willing to go in order to deny a truth they wish not were true. I won't go into detail, but I once had a discussion with someone and revealed a truth about them they vehemently denied, though it was in their over reaction that revealed they knew the truth behind it. This person threatened to beat me with a bottle in order to shut me up. I did not shut up, realizing I was physically larger than they the bottle was put down and the person ran away screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!."
edit on 21-9-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by SLAYER69

and i manipulated you to respond to my comment

I knew i would get a bite

AND...

My plan worked.

You replied.....

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

In a minor sense. To understand the full context one would have to read several of my previous threads and see the ongoing theme contained in them - the use of psychology and emotion as a means of mass level behavioral control.

Distraction/indoctrination/conditioning/response manipulation.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I can do the same emotional and psych control by walking into comicon and saying " who would win in a fight! HULK or SUPERMAN" better yet go to a star trek convention and start a who is better kirk or picard.

If you do it for fun it is trolling if you do it for study it is science.

Yeah i don't think i want to read all of that...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Pfffttt. The correct answer is that Darth Vader would beat Kirk and Pickard, both at once!

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot

Many of these attackers are themselves beaten emotionally and sometimes physically in real life. They likely operate under the "a good defense is a good offense" mentality, making a preemptive strike in a manner to defend themselves. As I mentioned earlier many of these people see a thread like this and realize that they use these tactics themselves, not wanting to believe that they are manipulators they lash out against the idea.

Those who profess that manipulation is good and those that attack others for bringing up the subject of manipulation are largely trying to justify their own actions and viscously defend themselves against a truth they do not want to hear.

Edit: I've witnessed first hand the lengths some are willing to go in order to deny a truth they wish not were true. I won't go into detail, but I once had a discussion with someone and revealed a truth about them they vehemently denied, though it was in their over reaction that revealed they knew the truth behind it. This person threatened to beat me with a bottle in order to shut me up. I did not shut up, realizing I was physically larger than they the bottle was put down and the person ran away screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!."

Youre right Sym.. damn. Thank you.
It just really gets me in my gut, you know? I was threatened by some wacko on here to hunt me down and beat me up over absolutely NOTHING... I thought to myself.. if you only knew.
It just really gets to me the lengths and the things some will use to harm another. This thread really highlighted that even more than its intent. I just couldnt stay quiet anymore. I will accept the repercussions as well.

This is whats harming us.. that mentality. There is no excuse for it.. past pain or whatever. Like we all lived wonderful lives. Somehow we can still be civil and at the very least try to understand someone else. I believe in a good offense if an offense, myself.. but this is just wildly flailing around lashing out. Its weird to me.

A young man PMed me and was worried I was speaking to him.. or including him. Lord no.. but you know what was interesting? That he was even concerned that he hadnt mastered his aggression. He CARED. He ASKED. he was working on his person inside to change his person outside... which is a rarity anymore IMO. Yes, there are wonderful folks on here. Makes me happy to see yet another.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

That's wonderful that someone contacted you and let you know they are working to improve upon their interpersonal skills. I strive to improve on my own skills across the board, when I see something about myself that I do not like I make a point like never before not to hide from it, but to face myself. With those who spread ill will and fight so hard to deny their own battles I once became very agitated, but these days I find it more likely to get through to them with calm and collected arguments. It helps to understand where they are coming from which brings an air of compassion when I try to bring them help they so violently deny. I do my best not to force it, but I will often continue with my efforts until they run away screaming.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

why be such a condescending ass? if you have something to say, just say it.

i won't tell anyone

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
After reading OP's post im not sure if im being trolled or ? I cant form words to express my thoughts on the matter so i will just post this.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Sorry bo-you havent manipulated me. I find 99.95% of what i see on ATS is complete BS your threads included. Sorry you wasted your time over the years tho!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthFazer

Personally I think this thread has generated some very intelligent discussion on the subject of manipulation. Where there have been quite a few less than eloquent postings in this thread I certainly wouldn't say that everyone here is troll posting. I would say that this thread touches on a subject that I have studied quite a bit myself and I'm rather happy to see someone bringing this subject up. I'm sure the OP had his own motives with this thread and I think his feelings towards manipulation might differer slightly from my own, but I think the subject deserves a healthy discussion.

Edit: Having said that I would agree with Hefficide that government and corporate interests engage heavily in the art of manipulation, I believe some organizations have a scientific like understanding of the practice. However; I feel that the problem stems much deeper than a desire for control, but a desire for survival.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

You AIN'T gonna fool me, bucko. I see right through your weak lies. And I will twist your brain around so bad that you will be giving me your money and thanking me for it.

Wanna bet? I've been to those sales pitches. got the steak dinners, free room, even free stemwear and all sorts of electronic gadgets. I never once lied.

I don't know why I'm going on like this.

Everyone is motivated by Greed and Fear. Hope for gain, fear of loss.

For example, how many of you do NOT have a "smartphone"?

I do not own a smart phone. I don't feel as though I'm missing out, then again, how would I.. having never owned one I wouldn't know.

It was your "retard" remark that moved me to reply to your comment. It sparked hurt and anger in me. That's the way the game works.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Sorry bo-you havent manipulated me. I find 99.95% of what i see on ATS is complete BS your threads included. Sorry you wasted your time over the years tho!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

I wanted to reply to the other things.. but this last post.. youre interesting and Id enjoy speaking with you in other circumstances. I have a book you may like.. its called : The Gaslight Effect. How to Spot and Survive the Hidden Manipulation Others Use to Control Your Life . It was suggested to me when I was dealing with a kid with Borderline Personality.. VERY interesting book that I think you would truly be interested in.
You mentioned survival. That is why some personality types manipulate.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I will certainly look into it at my next convenience.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
All previous engagements within this thread aside.. I still found the OP very interesting and I found a lot of value in the exchanges I have had within. My apologies to anyone who thought I was in a pissing contest. It was not my intention to change anyone's mind, but rather explain the best I could.. My take on the whole thing. Perhaps I over-analyzed.. I don't know. I feel its a topic that has a lot more depth than what you see on the surface. I may have completely misunderstood Heff's intention.. or maybe understood part of it. Regardless, I feel this is a discussion that holds merit.

As I stated earlier. Sometimes the full potential of something isn't realized by its creator. (In this case I think it was)
These sort of topics lend themselves to expansion and I think it's our duty as members of this forum to explore all of the perspectives we can.
edit on 21-9-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: spelling

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join