It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Accusations Are True ATS - I Do Have An Agenda And I Have Been Manipulating You! My Confession.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yeah... i believe you or anyone here about as much as i believe Fox news.

If you ever thaught this site would be free of manipulation and agendas than you really have missed the entire point.

If even 1% of the doom and gloom storeys were 100% true, the Earth should not exist anymore.

But, Thats all part of the manipulation. Discredit the credable.

Dont worry though, the Earth as you know it will end soon. Theyve conditioned us for it...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

The OP was stroking all the egos of the people who accused him of being a dis-information agent or of having an agenda

Really, he set up this thread to stroke the ego of a mere handfull of people who ever did so? Weird.

So it was a succes because a few did respond with criticism? It makes no sense at all.

In my eyes, anyone that doesn't have a problem with the OP is not capable of independant thought, seriously.

he is guilty of the exact thing that every single one of us is guilty of. We are all just people, with our own agendas.. Whether we intentionally push that agenda or not, our words reflect our feelings. We all manipulate, willingly and unwillingly and we are all manipulated.

Lol, and to think that you think that you "got it". You walked right into the trap. There are two forms of manipulation.

The manipulation that occurs when people interact, this is normal, we all manipulate the things we interact with. This is completely obvious and logical and doesn't warrant a thread or explanation.

Then there is the manipulation that is really meant to fool people, that is not sincere, and truly malevolent.

OP admits to the latter but includes the first type and makes you think it is really about that. But it isn't.

You failed. Epically.

He is no different than us.

I am sure not like him,

Part of those accusations are very much true. I have been manipulating you, good citizens of ATS. I have been doing so willfully, deliberately, and with an agenda. I have been using decades of very specific training and research to achieve my goals in this endeavor and have been largely successful in my labors. I am guilty as charged. I am a manipulator.

Heck, even my confession to manipulating is, quite literally, a manipulation in and of itself. I can, at will, use it to create any number of narratives and to illicit any number of predictable and controllable responses. Any expert will tell you that sympathy is one of the most powerful tools of manipulation that exist. It can be used quite effectively and powerfully to alter perception and opinion almost instantly. For example:

Do you do stuff like this? I don't.

He admits he has been doing this manipulation in his previous threads. It is obviously malevolent. It is not sincere. It's about achieving goals, not about honest well meant information sharing. He freaking admits it.

So if people have accused him they were right.

And now you say this thread was meant to stroke the egos of those few people and make them post here.

Get out of here.

I know what it was for and will tell you later on. First, let the OP answer the questions he has refused to answer up till now.

It worked because you responded to this thread.. Or even if you didn't respond, he has manipulated you into reading it simply from a Title. In essence, he has manipulated a response from you or he has manipulated you into giving your attention. You read this thread, and upon reading it you responded. Therefore, you were manipulated into a response because you FELT something that made you want to respond. It is that easy to manipulate someone.

Laughable. Borderline idiotic.

So completely obvious. If this was the point it is redundant. Could've said it in one sentence. Everybody knows this.

If this is the point, then everybody is a master manipulator. I pity you if this is what you think it is all about.

Does this warrant praise and 100 flags? Sad.

Maybe I'm not getting it.. Or maybe I'm making Heff out to be a lot more intelligent than he is. From what I am getting.. He made this thread to show how easily we can all be manipulated, and to admit that he has manipulated all of us.. Just like we all manipulate one another whether we do it intentionally or not.

You are definately not getting it. If anything, you are making yourself look less than intelligent, together with the rest of them.

Heff is definately intelligent. You are all like putty in his hands.

As said before, I never ever witnessed such a pathetic scene on the internet before.
edit on 21-9-2012 by MikeDeVries because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well, Mr. Heff, it seems you've elicited the response you were looking for, fortunately not all of us are so easily manipulated by outer forces. Ever heard of Transaction Analysis? If not look into it...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It's all in the message.
Even a 'touch' can heal a broken heart.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

A person who began a dialougue with the words “I am writing these words to manipulate you. I tell you this up front and with no shame...” Just showed you in a very simple, and uncomplicated manner, how easy it is to do.

Obviously

hotair.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeDeVries

I'm more than capable of independent thought.. if you believe that independent thought is a real thing. That's the conundrum and the reason you are not getting it. Thought is.. And of itself.. Manipulation and a product thereof. All emotion. All response. Its manipulated. He was proving a point which he did well. He has manipulated you into believing everything he posted. How do you know it is even true? You have a knee jerk reaction that he has done us all an awful deed. He stated that the post was indeed meant to manipulate you. How can you possibly be so sure that you're right? I'm not speaking in absolutes like you are.

Everything he said about himself could be a fallacy. It was all meant to evoke emotion and manipulate whether true or not. So no friend. I didn't fail.. I laughed after reading through the countless pages of responses like your previous one and saw how his OP had done exactly what he expected it to do. He even stated it in the OP.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Manipulation. Influence. Whatever word you use for it, it's something we all do anytime we communicate with people around us.

Not sure why you have such an issue with Heff's thread, he merely points out an awkward truth.

Ego stroking? Hardly. Brighter folks than you have been influenced/manipulated with out their knowing it. Implying, as you certainly seem to, that you are "proof" against influence from outside sources in disingenuous at best, and an outright lie at worst.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pattyngayle

Easily? Perhaps not. Proof against it? Not in our wildest fantasies.

Every form of communication is manipulation. Designed to evoke some form of response.

Hello? Manipulation.

Goodbye? Manipulation.

Everything in between? Manipulation.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Sly1one

The use of the word "Agenda" in the title was just a tongue in cheek joke to the fact that I have recently been accused of being a paid poster/agent several times of late. I thought it a clever way to address those claims and table a bit of a conversation.

Sadly, I lacked the foresight to realize that so many people who simply react to the words "agenda" and "manipulation" and miss the threads point entirely.

Live and learn.

~Heff

I had thought that it was slight sarcasm but didn't trust that thought unfortunately...lol

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

He has manipulated you into believing everything he posted. How do you know it is even true?

Keep dreaming.

I know he wasn't sincere from reading his threads from months back to now. Other people have accused him of not being sincere.

He was more or less exposed.

He then came up with this thread to discredit the accusations. You all fell for it.

Next time someone accuses him, everybody will be like "Oh it's Heff, jeah well, you know, it's just a social experiment. Thank you for playing us Heff. We love you!"

If the point of this thread is what you say it is, it is ridiculously illogical, redundant and unworthy.

What have you learned from this thread, tell me?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hephalump

If you read my reply above you you would know that I distuingish between two types of manipulation.

The latter, the malevolent one is what OP is doing.

If you don't see it then that's too bad for you.

He even admits to it, but the OP is meant to be so confusing it makes you think he is actually only guilty of the type of manipulation we are all guilty off.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
tl;dr

Protip:
If you want to manipulate the simple minded effectively (for, it's only those it will work on), War & Peace -length expatiation probably isn't the most effective means through which to accomplish thus.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pattyngayle
Well, Mr. Heff, it seems you've elicited the response you were looking for, fortunately not all of us are so easily manipulated by outer forces. Ever heard of Transaction Analysis? If not look into it...

I brought that up in another thread. He looked it up and posted a tiny bit on it.
It's very relevant to this subject......

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Manipulation is a tool. Nothing more. It's the use to which it is put that defines whether or not it's "malevolent".

Heff has admitted to only using manipulation, certainly nothing untoward in the process. That would be kind of silly, wouldn't it?

So, what's your agenda behind your manipulation? You want Heff to answer questions, how about you answer this one?

I can guess... You have an issue, for some odd reason, with him/her. Only guessing mind you, but five posts, perhaps six by the time I finish typing this, and they're all here in this thread. ...and they're all attacking the OP. That reads as an agenda to me. Returnee much?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Actually no.. it's not redundant or unworthy.. It's showing how blindly you believe all of his statements and vehemently defend your belief and assumptions.... based on nothing but some words from a guy who said he made a post to intentionally manipulate you. So no.. I'm pretty sure I get that he has put one over you and I. This thread is a win-win.

Why do I care if Heff.. one guy.. has tried to manipulate me on the internet?

I don't. He knows that.

All of us are guilty of it.. and all of us are victims of it. Such is life.

I think your own personal ego or delusions are keeping you from grasping the real point. Heff is one guy who I haven't even really heard of prior to this thread. Or at least I haven't paid attention to. That's probably the case for about 95% of the people on this webpage. I don't go to bed at night mulling over what one person said in particular. Anyone decent at critically reasoning knows you have to see the forest through the trees. Or the subject as a whole as opposed to one opinion.

So maybe you're partially right. Maybe I'm wrong for believing that his point was to show how easily manipulated we all are. Either way, we are both victims of his manipulation.. He has won. This was a clever thread. He's the only person that could tell us what the real intention is.. But then.. How do you know that is the truth? You don't. Just like the OP where he said he was intentionally manipulating you. So he is the only one who will ever truly know.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hephalump

I want him to answer the questions,

What was the point of this thread?

What was exactly the manipulation?

What were the responses you were looking for?

How do these responses prove the alleged point of the thread?

How is this beneficial to anyone?

...because I feel it will make clear the intentions behind the thread, or rather the inability to answer these questions will.

This is my agenda.

Is that a problem for you?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It wouldn't matter what he said.. Because if it truly is an experiment he could continue to feed you lies to manipulate you. Or if it was true, you couldn't possibly know. Once you're in the web of manipulation, its very hard to get out. That is.. If you can get out at all.
edit on 21-9-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Actually no.. it's not redundant or unworthy.. It's showing how blindly you believe all of his statements and vehemently defend your belief and assumptions.... based on nothing but some words from a guy who said he made a post to intentionally manipulate you. So no.. I'm pretty sure I get that he has put one over you and I. This thread is a win-win.

Do you have trouble reading?

I already said that it is what happened before this thread that makes this one so strange.

So you say he is saying he is lying about being a manipulator to lure people into responding with criticism.

Only a few people did. So how is this thread a succes from that standpoint. How does it prove that people are easily manipulated?

I can make a thread about poo and say that every response was the result of my master manipulation skills.

It is meaningless.

So you assume he is lying about being a manipulator, and because I criticise him for saying it, he somehow won and showed the world how easy it is to manipulate people?

And that's worth a 100 flags? It's dumb that's what it is.

The point is, he was suspected of manipulation way way before he ever wrote this thread.

The majority, the less perceptive, are not aware of this.

It's showing how blindly you believe all of his statements and vehemently defend your belief and assumptions.... based on nothing but some words from a guy who said he made a post to intentionally manipulate you.

You really don't realize how dumb this statement is?

He didn't say he made A POST to intentionally manipulate people, he is saying that he is been doing it all along, and how good he is at it.

Therefore, I can only respond to what he said.

There really is no catch or trick here.

Nowhere in his OP does he say that he has not been manipulating all along. So how am I tricked when I criticise him for it?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So if I make a thread stating the same thing.. but I wasn't previously suspected of being a manipulator.. It's different?

Please.

Your box is a small one that has an opening narrowed by your overwhelmingly large ego. I'm the one saying that maybe I'm wrong. You're the one insisting you are correct and no one else knows what they are talking about unless they agree with you. Hell. Maybe you are Heff just having a good time.

The problem is, you fell into the trap of wanting to know the truth from someone who is admittedly manipulating you. So really.. You're just setting yourself up for further manipulation.

Manipulation is a b*tch like that..

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Good post. I do know about NLP and all that (Admiteddly I began all that when I was a teenager reading PUA books lol) so I know what TC talks about..
As for the images, what can I say? If I see a baby dog I get happy lol, if I see food I get hungry.. If I see sexy girls I get excited, if I see a dude with great physque I get that feeling of going to the gym haha.. As for the government propaganda it didn't do much for me..

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join