It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Accusations Are True ATS - I Do Have An Agenda And I Have Been Manipulating You! My Confession.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by judus

I agree with the premise of that - which is why many of my threads ( the ones not directly linked to Associated Press stories ) tend to fall into the promotion of critical thinking and discussion of social engineering.

I want a world where Phage ( and for the record, I really like the guy ) is questioned and not taken at face value. I suspect he'd say exactly the same thing too.

~Heff

You hit the nail on the head ! he is taken at face value and that's the problem.

You build your character based on trust and knowledge then once you have enough followers you manipulate them to do your bidding.

Its a bit like running for president.
edit on 20-9-2012 by judus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
Im not shocked.

But you failed. I am unable to be manipulated..because i see the truth everywhere.

As for your thread.. one word - Ego

Too many people have it and cherish it, as it will be the end of mankind

edit on 20-9-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

Ego is a tool like any other, it can be used towards good, evil, or indifferent ends.

Your ego can indicate "I am hungry", or "I should get out of the way of this bus coming down the road", and these are ultimately self-centered egotistical notions bent on self-preservation, and without them our species would become extinct quickly.

Another example, people often take pride in helping others, and it usually causes them to feel good about themselves. This is a result of ego, but it is not negative per se. It really all depends on the person, situation, environment, etc. Every situation and personality is unique and different after all.

Dare I suggest you are being manipulated by not only your own preconceived notions, but also by the universe around you?

Everything outside of us affects us in some manner or another, even if it be a infinitesimally minute way of which we cannot comprehend or perceive. And conversely, we also affect the course of events outside of us, despite our realization of that (or lack of realization) or our intentions (or lack of intentions).

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The proof is in the pudding.

You have been S&F by admitting that you have manipulated people on this site . lol

I think I should admit that I am a dis-info agent tasked by the British government to steer political agendas for war against the middle east.

S&F away my followers

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Cool post!
Thank you Heff. S+F

I'm quite fond of the manipulation and mind control topic.
It's fun how on one hand the majority demographic will rail against mind control, social programming, and other such, then on the other, it's back to chatting on their expensive new GPS enabled personal lojack spy device, taking pictures of all their friends and tagging them for facial recognition, buying what everyone else is buying, listening to, watching, and talking about whatever else everyone else is; it's all quite fun.

I agree with you.

I talk a good rebellion against the corporations while sat in MC Ds on my Iphone posting on FB lol .

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Great thread and great write-up.

I don't know where you get the idea that you're some sort of grand manipulator, but it seems you've gone ahead and manipulated yourself into believing it so. Interesting outcome.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by judus

reply to post by judus

I agree with the premise of that - which is why many of my threads ( the ones not directly linked to Associated Press stories ) tend to fall into the promotion of critical thinking and discussion of social engineering.

I want a world where Phage ( and for the record, I really like the guy ) is questioned and not taken at face value. I suspect he'd say exactly the same thing too.

~Heff

You hit the nail on the head ! he is taken at face value and that's the problem.

You build your character based on trust and knowledge then once you have enough followers you manipulate them to do your bidding.

I sense these are partially inaccurate over-generalizations.

I do not take Phage at face value, and I actually investigate the information he shares and question it, and sometimes I agree with his assessments and sometimes I do not agree with them.

I do not believe I have any followers, because I remind others to lead themselves and follow their own heart and mind, which they didn't need me to tell them that but it may help as a reminder or as support.

You appear to be misconstruing the highly vague and ambiguous terminology "manipulation" as if it were always based upon lies or deceit or malice. This is untrue. Many people have manipulated the world around them and the flow of intellectual articulation in the people around them for good causes that have benefited our civilization drastically.

A good example would be someone like Martin Luther King Jr, whose powerful speeches and deep thinking helped to foster and facilitate reasoning and compassion among those who listened. He certainly wasn't utilizing lies or deceit but instead was utilizing blunt honesty and the truth to accomplish his goal of manipulating the world around him into a better place for everyone.

link   
There is no doubt you can manipulate - minds, thoughts, egos, etc.

But, can you motivate?

By the way, I'll give you a PHD in MF (Mind F**k)

link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

I'm actually so skilled at it that I described myself as a mental health patient and you translated that into "master manipulator!

I should have shot higher and called myself an average guy. I could have started a cult!

~Heff

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip

I don't know where you get the idea that you're some sort of grand manipulator, but it seems you've gone ahead and manipulated yourself into believing it so. Interesting outcome.

Great I love it.

Counter manipulation: You think I take what you write with trust, but what you don't know is I don't believe a word you say and thus manipulate you into thinking I am a follower when in fact I will take you down from the inside.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it .

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I'm actually so skilled at it that I described myself as a mental health patient and you translated that into "master manipulator!

I should have shot higher and called myself an average guy. I could have started a cult!

~Heff

Well....that's actually the only part I believed.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well then, now you've got to wonder how much of the OP I wanted you to believe.

And on behalf of Madison Ave, please allow me to say "Thank you" and "Keep up the good work" :up"

~Heff

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Where can I sign up for this cult !

I'm in hook line and sinker.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I agree with you.

I talk a good rebellion against the corporations while sat in MC Ds on my Iphone posting on FB lol .

I commend your honesty and frank admission, but sadly it does nothing to benefit credibility to expose one's self as a complete hypocrite.

But hey, it's not my choice how others wish to portray themselves or if they see no reason to uphold a standard of respectability. I can only choose my own path.

Of course no one is perfect, but I presume it is in our better interests if we at least attempt to conform our actions with our ideals and the words we speak to others. Inconsistency reveals weakness after all.

I would implore you to reconsider and reevaluate, and double your efforts towards alignment.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Great thread! I enjoy the topic as well. I have a couple of personal favorites that explain some of the tools as well.

Why Americans will believe almost anything

And this four hour BBC documentary:

Thanks for the thought provoking topic!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip

Great I love it.

Counter manipulation: You think I take what you write with trust, but what you don't know is I don't believe a word you say and thus manipulate you into thinking I am a follower when in fact I will take you down from the inside.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it .

Apparently you do not even believe the words you say.

You did admit that you speak out against something, yet do the opposite, and then laughed about it.

So I am going to go ahead and agree with you that I shouldn't trust anything you say, and I thank you for giving me the heads up.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

reply to post by judus

~Heff

I sense these are partially inaccurate over-generalizations.

I do not take Phage at face value, and I actually investigate the information he shares and question it, and sometimes I agree with his assessments and sometimes I do not agree with them.

I do not believe I have any followers, because I remind others to lead themselves and follow their own heart and mind, which they didn't need me to tell them that but it may help as a reminder or as support.

You appear to be misconstruing the highly vague and ambiguous terminology "manipulation" as if it were always based upon lies or deceit or malice. This is untrue. Many people have manipulated the world around them and the flow of intellectual articulation in the people around them for good causes that have benefited our civilization drastically.

A good example would be someone like Martin Luther King Jr, whose powerful speeches and deep thinking helped to foster and facilitate reasoning and compassion among those who listened. He certainly wasn't utilizing lies or deceit but instead was utilizing blunt honesty and the truth to accomplish his goal of manipulating the world around him into a better place for everyone.

I agree with you manipulation has a broad range of meanings and workings, but the word itself does have a certain stigma attached to it.

I can see were you are coming from with your MLK analogy, but do not agree. Speaking the truth to trying and change peoples mindsets in not manipulation. spreading lies and deceit to gain power is.

Maybe I am wrong but that's my opinion on the subject.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Well then, now you've got to wonder how much of the OP I wanted you to believe.

And on behalf of Madison Ave, please allow me to say "Thank you" and "Keep up the good work" :up"

~Heff

If we were in Vegas I would be betting you wanted us to believe 100% of it.

Considering you have the aura of honesty, and have held that standard consistently since I first chatted with you on ATS, I am inclined to think I am making a safe bet and will hit the jackpot.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You have been manipulated into believing that you have manipulated us

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

To have true alignment would mean leaving the entire system which in my heart and mind know would be the right thing to do. But you do not just forget how to ride a bike over night and having been indoctrinated from birth I am having a hard time comprehending life without it.

So I have been manipulated into thinking the system is the best way of life.

Sneaky bastards

Do you get me or am I speaking gibberish.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is hardly a revelation. We all pull each other's strings. That's how the story progresses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join